Where's all the liberal defense of illegal immigration

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Shocked at the absence of defense of lawbreaking illegal immigration vis-a-via SB1070.. via throwing out the racism card, human rights, the existing Federal law is bigotry... Obama/Holder never reading the law, yet again jumping to conclusions.... especially from all the fucking New England/New Yorkers/English folk who fucking know little, nor feel any impact thereof.... jus' askin...

maxcok

Expert Member
Media

FF starts another pointless thread in his usual inimitable and incomprehensible style - news at 11.

......:sleeping:

English folk??

Last edited:

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't know that any responsible person is going to broadly defend something that is clearly illegal.

On the other hand, in the general sense, my attitude is that illegal immigration is not something that worries me or that I get can excited about. If people want to come to the U.S. from south of the border to make some kind of living, I really don't have any problem with it. The best thing for people like these, in my view, is to simply look the other way. We've got a lot of other much more important issues to deal with in the U.S.

I was explaining this attitude to a good friend recently, and he pointed out that not all illegal immigrants come here to make some kind of more or less honest living; that there are those who come here ill-intentioned; in other words, for criminal activity. I'm glad he pointed that out to me. It wasn't a dimension of the problem I was really much aware of, so had not considered. Obviously, these types are a problem and need to be dealt with firmly.

P.S. to the OP. I live in northern California also.

Last edited:

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yet another textbook example of the wingnuts on this board trolling the forum. No article to discuss, no facts presented, just a bunch of assholery masquerading as legitimate discussion.

Are you drunk or are you actually this ignorant?

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't approve of illegal immigration, but I understand it. Unfortunately, few people make an adequate effort to understand positions with which they disagree. They tend to confuse understanding with agreement.

There are complaints that the illegal immigrants should have immigrated legally. The complainers do not understand how difficult it is to do so. Because of requirements imposed by the government, most of the people who have immigrated illegally could not have immigrated legally. Many are desperately poor and are seeking a way to support their families.

We need to overhaul the immigration requirements so that guest workers from south of the border could enter the U.S. for limited periods of time to do specific jobs.

JacobFox

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Shocked at the absence of defense of lawbreaking illegal immigration vis-a-via SB1070.. via throwing out the racism card, human rights, the existing Federal law is bigotry... Obama/Holder never reading the law, yet again jumping to conclusions.... especially from all the fucking New England/New Yorkers/English folk who fucking know little, nor feel any impact thereof.... jus' askin...

How about this for your title:

How do I write a readable post? jus' askin...

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Please don't feed the trolls!!! Seriously, there is no there, there.

BTW, Otter, I think FF attends the Church of the Sanctified and Blessed Bukake, if I'm not mistaken.

MrToolhung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There are complaints that the illegal immigrants should have immigrated legally. The complainers do not understand how difficult it is to do so. Because of requirements imposed by the government, most of the people who have immigrated illegally could not have immigrated legally.

From personal experience this is absolutely correct. I tried to immigrate to the US but did not have any success so I returned back to Canada. During my stay in the US I did have a visa which allowed me to reside and be employed legally. That in itself was extremely difficult to obtain because you cannot always get a straight answer from an INS agent. I spent countless hours dealing with the one of the National Processing Centers on the phone to inquire about my case and when it would be processed. In my opinion I do not think that the all agents care enough to answer peoples questions adequately so that individual can make informed decisions to stay within the laws that have been passed. Due to this I studied US immigration laws extensively to help me understand them and that I could ask the appropriate questions when dealing with them. One of my many phone calls to this center I was asked why am I even doing (obtaining a visa) this legally. I was floored by this agents comments. The reason why this individual said that is because I sounded like an American and that it would take 20 yrs for them to catch up to me. Of course I did not follow that agents suggestion.

Even though I do not have any right to say but I truly believe that the US does need to overhaul it's immigration laws. I do not necessarily mean that they should make it easier for someone to immigrate but it does need to be streamlined. The US does have one of the most complex immigration systems in the world.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
From personal experience this is absolutely correct. I tried to immigrate to the US but did not have any success so I returned back to Canada. During my stay in the US I did have a visa which allowed me to reside and be employed legally. That in itself was extremely difficult to obtain because you cannot always get a straight answer from an INS agent. I spent countless hours dealing with the one of the National Processing Centers on the phone to inquire about my case and when it would be processed. In my opinion I do not think that the all agents care enough to answer peoples questions adequately so that individual can make informed decisions to stay within the laws that have been passed. Due to this I studied US immigration laws extensively to help me understand them and that I could ask the appropriate questions when dealing with them. One of my many phone calls to this center I was asked why am I even doing (obtaining a visa) this legally. I was floored by this agents comments. The reason why this individual said that is because I sounded like an American and that it would take 20 yrs for them to catch up to me. Of course I did not follow that agents suggestion.

Even though I do not have any right to say but I truly believe that the US does need to overhaul it's immigration laws. I do not necessarily mean that they should make it easier for someone to immigrate but it does need to be streamlined. The US does have one of the most complex immigration systems in the world.

I lived in Fiji from 1994 to 2004 and, during that time, became familiar with the problems that people in third world countries have in trying to visit or migrate here to the U.S. Of course Canada is not a third world county so, even though it can be difficult to migrate from Canada to the U.S., it is much easier than it is for someone from a third world country.

My impression is that there is considerable room for interpretation of the immigration rules and regulations. Success in getting a residency permit depends much on the whims of those granting permits and visas. Making inquiries is more likely to result in hearing vague statements than firm answers, and the statements you hear will vary greatly depending on whom you ask.

The difficulty of writing good regulations should not be underestimated. If the rules are too rigid, then some people whose circumstances are unusual but who would still be a good asset to the U.S. would be denied a permit. If the rules are too loose, then people would be admitted who should not be admitted. It is not an easy problem to solve.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yet another textbook example of the wingnuts on this board trolling the forum. No article to discuss, no facts presented, just a bunch of assholery masquerading as legitimate discussion.

Are you drunk or are you actually this ignorant?

And of course, as usual, the moderators will let this thread continue on, and will not punish the OP.:mad:

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Does something illegal have to be defended. Liberals are all gas and gaiters - their paymasters need illegal workers to service London's luxury hotels so their return on capital investment witll be 35% instead of 34%. Would you employ someone to look after your children that is an illegal from Eastern Europe or Africa - no police checks - no? So don't be so superior. Employ a legal and pay him/her a proper decent wage.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I already told you yes - and I'll have 24-hour feeds of Olbermann and Maddow streaming on two plasmas for your constant entertainment and comfort.:biggrin1:
Well, that would be better than that dung beetle Hannity, but really, I don't like teevee that much.

Can we get a pool table instead? I want to hustle you and take all your money before you lose it in the market.

:cool:

Last edited:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, that would be better than that dung beetle Hannity, but really, I don't like teevee that much.

Can we get a pool table instead? I want to hustle you and take all your money before you lose it in the market.

:cool:

Already a pool table down there. The fact that you want to hustle makes me want to pull serious dollars out for that game.

FYI i don't watch Hannity;)