Which 7th gen system should I get?

Indiana Edison

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am considering buying one, especially with 4 controllers so i can play with a bunch of people in the dorm.

Which one do you think would be the best for this? And dont rule out PS3 instantly, its getting much, much better titles.

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok let's see.

The Wii is affordable, fun for the whole family, and has some big games coming up this holiday season: Mario Galaxies, Smash Bros Brawl. Anyone can hop in and play, so even the non-gamer ladies love it!
But good luck finding one as they are still sold out everywhere.

The 360 is great for online play, Halo 3 is coming out in less than two weeks,
and other fun titles like "Orange Box" and "Mass Effect", so I highly recommend that one.

The PS3, I would hold off on it for a bit, there are solid rumors that it will drop to $399 next spring, by then the new Metal Gear game will be out, and that one seems like a winner.

But of course it depends on your personal taste, what kind of gamer are you?

Media
Yeah it depends on your idea of fun and what your friends are into. I'm a bit of a loner, I don't really have people over much and when we hang out its out in the city doing something...so I'm a heavy PC gamer and like online stuff, but I bought a Wii anyway cause it is a lot of fun to have when you do have company. Plus it has some great titles I just had to play. Metroid is tons of fun, I loved the original on NES and Super Metroid, this one is a FPS. Also sometime in the future a starwars game is going to come out, and wielding a lightsaber with a wii controller is going to give every geek, myself included, a raging hard on =p.

As for the titles on PS3, I bought one and sold it a week later. The only title I was looking forward to was Lair which turned out to be a horrible flop. It just wasn't for me. Those are my thoughts, you'll have to figure it out for yourself though.

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The wii is so group-oriented. I sugges tthat if you're into friend-gaming! :) Halo 3, however, is coming out soon.. and we all know how bloody fun that is! XD Buy buying a 360 for that is quite unwise.

If you want to check out some possible titles to help you with your decision, check out http://www.gametrailers.com . :)

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Also if you are a fan of "Old School" game, the Wii has a nice selection of 8 and 16 bit classics to choose from. The 360 and the PS3 also have a game download service, but don't quite have the legacy titles the Wii has.