which city is suitable for asian gay in Australia?

superstudmenow

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
im from southeast asia had a plan to take master degree in Australia, but as a gay/bi asian men which city is safer or preferable or is there any up and down between the cities?

my personaility : very introvert but if i have a close friend i comfortable with, i like to go to club, party, drunk , etc

objective : take a master degree, work around 2-3 years on office work and take permanent residence visa(if its possible) because in my country lgbt is not acceptable

my primary option :perth, Adelaide and Brisbane (as i heard its more easier to got permanent residence)

my secondary option : Melbourne

my last option : Sydney

i heard melbourne n sydney is too crowded already and more difficult to propose a permanent residence visa
When I am in Sydney I often go to 357 as it is near China Town so most (but not all) there are Asian. It is universally called 357 as it is at 357 Sussex St but officially named Sydney City Steam.

Reactions: coffinhack

superstudmenow

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You can do your Masters at any uni then cum(yes cum) to Brisbane to meet up with a Boy friend that you are completable with.(No that is not me as I already have a Boy friend for the last 20 years)

Brodie888

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
what do you mean by, gay areas of brisbane is more expensive? is there any reason?

if it close to gay area is more expensive, should i choose other city that far from gay area for cheaper?

and Brisbane didnt have a beach? is it true?
Gays around the world move into poor areas but those areas soon become popular with everyone because straight people often lack the artistic creativity and eye for detail to transform a neighbourhood of their own.

Brisbane is a river city. Nearest beach is about an hour drive away.

Melbourne has beach weather maybe 3-4 months a year but none like Sydney which is blessed with many beaches. ps don't go to Bondi, it's over rated.

Brianhalim

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Gays around the world move into poor areas but those areas soon become popular with everyone because straight people often lack the artistic creativity and eye for detail to transform a neighbourhood of their own.

Brisbane is a river city. Nearest beach is about an hour drive away.

Melbourne has beach weather maybe 3-4 months a year but none like Sydney which is blessed with many beaches. ps don't go to Bondi, it's over rated.
1 hour drive in brisbane, is it worth it?

Brodie888

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
1 hour drive in brisbane, is it worth it?
The Gold Coast is a nice place to go to the beach and clubs etc. It's more geared to tourists. They have beaches, fun parks, nightclubs, an international airport.

I don't know if they have a university there with your course but that could be a good alternative to Brisbane to investigate.

Brianhalim

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
The Gold Coast is a nice place to go to the beach and clubs etc. It's more geared to tourists. They have beaches, fun parks, nightclubs, an international airport.

I don't know if they have a university there with your course but that could be a good alternative to Brisbane to investigate.
okay, is there any downside or badside living in Brisbane? (in your opinion and experience)

Brodie888

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
okay, is there any downside or badside living in Brisbane? (in your opinion and experience)
Based on what you say you want, negatives would be It only has one gay dance club (not counting the gay sauna). But mixed clubs is pretty much the way of the world now.

A smaller gay scene isn't necessarily bad though. More choice can be a double edged sword.

Brianhalim

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Based on what you say you want, negatives would be It only has one gay dance club (not counting the gay sauna). But mixed clubs is pretty much the way of the world now.

A smaller gay scene isn't necessarily bad though. More choice can be a double edged sword.
yeah i dont mind to go to mixed clubs. hmm okay i think im getting more clear now, thanks to you guys!

frostlips

Superior Member
Media
In my opinion, you have to look at where the person is living, because their opinion might be biased. For eg, someone living in Melb is gonna say something bad about Sydney, and vice versa. Not everyone can be objective about this topic.

As for me, my hometown is Perth, I'm now in Sydney and I've been to the other capitals/family in the other states. Weirdly, its usually cheaper to buy food and clothes in Sydney and Melbourne, than the other capitals.

Sydney: expensive to rent/buy but plenty of apartments to choose from (some other cities dont have enough of those), has the best public transport out of the lot, beautiful, very multicultural, bit humid but its not as bad as Bris. Some hate that its so busy, some love it. Its so big, there's always new things to discover.

Melbourne: Weather is bipolar or often 4 seasons in a day. Has best nightlife. Easy to get to many other cities from there.

Perth: Cheaper property (but atm it has the lowest vacancy rate of rentals so is that really better?), crap public transport if you're not near a trainline, yes it gets hot there, but its a dry heat so you don't really notice it until past 35C. Beautiful but boring. It feels a bit behind the eastern states, but thats not necessarily a bad thing.

Adelaide: Hot. Probably more boring than Perth. Its called the city of churches for a reason, enough said. Gay scene there is probably smaller than Perth's.

Brisbane: Very humid, more chance of encountering bogan types (aussie rednecks lol), public transport is being upgraded because they're hosting Olympics in a few years. My sister lives there, many people moved there during pandemic and a lot of it is overcrowded. Perth is more beautiful. To me, Brisbane's main appeal is that its close to other towns and etc. Nearby Sunshine Coast & Cairns are great but you wouldn't want to live in trashy Gold Coast.

Another thing to consider is that the bigger the gay scene, the more focused it is on hookups and harder to find a guy to settle down with.

Anyway thats my two cents. This map might help you

321041730_1876286199381065_9118137178217037586_n.jpg

Reactions: asaki22

Brianhalim

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
In my opinion, you have to look at where the person is living, because their opinion might be biased. For eg, someone living in Melb is gonna say something bad about Sydney, and vice versa. Not everyone can be objective about this topic.

As for me, my hometown is Perth, I'm now in Sydney and I've been to the other capitals/family in the other states. Weirdly, its usually cheaper to buy food and clothes in Sydney and Melbourne, than the other capitals.

Sydney: expensive to rent/buy but plenty of apartments to choose from (some other cities dont have enough of those), has the best public transport out of the lot, beautiful, very multicultural, bit humid but its not as bad as Bris. Some hate that its so busy, some love it. Its so big, there's always new things to discover.

Melbourne: Weather is bipolar or often 4 seasons in a day. Has best nightlife. Easy to get to many other cities from there.

Perth: Cheaper property (but atm it has the lowest vacancy rate of rentals so is that really better?), crap public transport if you're not near a trainline, yes it gets hot there, but its a dry heat so you don't really notice it until past 35C. Beautiful but boring. It feels a bit behind the eastern states, but thats not necessarily a bad thing.

Adelaide: Hot. Probably more boring than Perth. Its called the city of churches for a reason, enough said. Gay scene there is probably smaller than Perth's.

Brisbane: Very humid, more chance of encountering bogan types (aussie rednecks lol), public transport is being upgraded because they're hosting Olympics in a few years. My sister lives there, many people moved there during pandemic and a lot of it is overcrowded. Perth is more beautiful. To me, Brisbane's main appeal is that its close to other towns and etc. Nearby Sunshine Coast & Cairns are great but you wouldn't want to live in trashy Gold Coast.

Another thing to consider is that the bigger the gay scene, the more focused it is on hookups and harder to find a guy to settle down with.

Anyway thats my two cents. This map might help you

View attachment 91578551
wow very detailed of you, thankyou!

aozhouren

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Fun In Bed
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Also, you should consider the issue of racial discrimination in Australia. Melbourne and Sydney are relatively better. It is said that Adelaide and Perth are very serious. I myself am in Melbourne. This is a very nice city.

Brianhalim

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Also, you should consider the issue of racial discrimination in Australia. Melbourne and Sydney are relatively better. It is said that Adelaide and Perth are very serious. I myself am in Melbourne. This is a very nice city.
how about brisbane? is it racist? are u australian?

Brianhalim

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
how about Brisbane?
Getting PR depends on your line of work. Sydney/Melbourne shouldn’t be too difficult if you have an in-demand profession. All the cities are safe.

In terms of weather, Melbourne or Adelaide would be best for you if you don’t like the heat. Sydney doesn’t get unbearably hot, not like SEA. It’s rarely as humid.

Sydney/Melbourne would be easier for you to find an asian community. Apps are toxic though and you’d get a lot of guys who are not into gay asians, but if you’re looking for other gay asians to meet, then you should be fine.