ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Which music CD do you own that you would not admit to your friends?

No embarassing CD's . . .yet; but I do have a veritable plethora of embarrassing music on vinyl (albums & 45's) and yes even 8-track. :redface:

Michael Jackson - Off the Wall: 8-track
Grease - Movie Soundtrack: 8-track
Linda Ronstadt - Heart Like a Wheel 8-track & CD (don't ask)
Steve Martin - King Tut: 45
Donna Summer - Mac Arthur Park: 45
Andy Gibb - Shadow Dancing:45
The Commodores - Brick House: 12" Dance LP

I almost feel like my fingertips will start frying, but I have a pretty big collection of... <gulp>
Gospel albums
I think I can top that! :redface::biggrin1: The only Gospel CD's I have are the ones Elvis did. They were purchased during the late 90's when I thought I should have good Grammy winning music. :redface::tongue:

In his lifetime, Elvis only won 3 Grammy Awards:
Best Sacred Performance 1967 for How Great Thou Art album
Best Inspirational Performance 1972 for He Touched Me album
Best Inspirational Performance Song 1974 for How Great Thou Art Recorded Live in Memphis

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
p

everything after 1991 or so is just horrible...

meh

http://www.vh1classic.com/shared/promoimages/bands/p/pop_up_videos/madonna/ray_of_light/320x240.jpg

No, Madonna, studying Kabbalah does not make you a Hindu

:rolleyes:

Disagree Erotica was '92...that's still a great track!

Bedtime stories followed ... I still play Human Nature (latex & cornrows)
and Secret

I didn't really like the single Ray of light, but it got her a grammy and they blasted to "Nothing matters" in discotheques in Europe....I danced to it ...
Bloodhound Gang's Bad Touch

I think we could dedicate another thread to the stuff you don't want to admit that you danced to...

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
oh and of course...

New Edition - Candy Girl

Hall and Oates - Private Eyes
Olivia Newton John - Magic, and Let's Get Physical

everything by Air Supply

and who could forget...

Pac Man Fever?

Loverboy - Working For The Weekend

Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Disagree Erotica was '92...that's still a great track!

Bedtime stories followed ... I still play Human Nature (latex & cornrows)
and Secret

I didn't really like the single Ray of light, but it got her a grammy and they blasted to "Nothing matters" in discotheques in Europe....I danced to it ...
Bloodhound Gang's Bad Touch

I think we could dedicate another thread to the stuff you don't want to admit that you danced to...

true...but i still hate Erotica and everything after it...

when she started trying to be provocative i lost interest...

Stanley Kubrick is provocative. Madonna...meh
Madonna tries to push people's buttons to gain attention/publicity by doing two things...pissing off christians/catholics, pissing off repressed sexual persons.

overt sexuality on tv is simply not shocking or controversial to people the way it was in the mid to late 80s, when Like A Virgin and "I want your sex" were considered "edgy"...

as a result, you see Madonna never trying to really be sexy anymore, cause she knows it does not garner that much attention...

which is why she still relies on the tried and true...crucifying herself on a large mirrored crucifix live in concert will undoubtedly piss off the only people she can really piss off anymore...and even so, you get the sense she is desperate, and they are just kind of like "yeah Madonna, we are offended, but couldn;t you have come up with something more offensive and provocative?"

I mean really...come on...am i supposed to be provoked or bowled over by how edgy she is? Look at how stupid this looks...she finally "jumped the shark"

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2006/05/madonnas220506_350x450.jpg

if she really wanted to be edgy and provocative and shock people, she should REALLY crucify herself on that thing...nails through the hands, nail throough the feet, semi nude (with only a loincloth and something for the nipples) a crown of thorns (disinfected though of course and made from environmentally sound, organic thorns) and one of her dancers stabs her with a spear, but not too deep...

THAT would impress me...and that would be truly provocative...Van Gogh cut his ear off, the Marquis De Sade wrote in his own blood when he had no ink...a true artist goes all the way...otherwise, she is just posing :wink:

BikerGirlnAtl

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
lol... this has got to be one of the dumbest songs ever... but a little more than a year ago it was VERY popular in my dorm. I think the basketball girls listened to it during practice. lol

YouTube - Chicken Noodle Soup

Wow...I remember that song coming out but it did NOT make it here in Atlanta lol

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No embarassing CD's . . .yet; but I do have a veritable plethora of embarrassing music on vinyl (albums & 45's) and yes even 8-track. :redface:

Michael Jackson - Off the Wall: 8-track
Grease - Movie Soundtrack: 8-track
Linda Ronstadt - Heart Like a Wheel 8-track & CD (don't ask)
Steve Martin - King Tut: 45
Donna Summer - Mac Arthur Park: 45
Andy Gibb - Shadow Dancing:45
The Commodores - Brick House: 12" Dance LP

I think I can top that! :redface::biggrin1: The only Gospel CD's I have are the ones Elvis did. They were purchased during the late 90's when I thought I should have good Grammy winning music. :redface::tongue:

In his lifetime, Elvis only won 3 Grammy Awards:
Best Sacred Performance 1967 for How Great Thou Art album
Best Inspirational Performance 1972 for He Touched Me album
Best Inspirational Performance Song 1974 for How Great Thou Art Recorded Live in Memphis

MICHAEL JACKSON'S OFF THE WALL album is the jam. YOU HAD BETTA RECOGNIZE!!!!
Rod Temperton penned a lot of songs on that album. ROCK WITH YOU is the JAM DIGGITY.
DON'T STOP TIL YOU GET ENOUGH is THRICE JAM DIGGITY.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My dad gave me this weird CD of Elmer Fudd singing romantic ballads. It's fucking hilarious. I really like Elmer Fudd so it's sorta like a collector's item. One of the cuts on it is "The Impossible Dweam".

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know this is going to make a lot of you laugh but when I was 16 I had 3 10 inch subs in the trunk of my car and my car's name was "Lady Boo" in which my friends named it because I would always be jamming out to Gangsta Boo. Yeah, we thought we were cool lol

YouTube - Gangsta Boo - Love Don't Live

I am ashamed to say that for a minute there, i was trying to figure out how driving around with three sandwiches (10 inch subs) in the car had any relation to listening to music and was wondering if there was going to be something like some guy stopped short and slammed on the breaks and the subs flew everywhere and it reminded you of the song cause that is what was playing...but then I kind of thought...wait...subs? so i kind of remembered woofers or subwoofers or something and it sort of made alot more sense.

sorry :redface:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I actually must admit that I am ashamed that I buy this CD for all my friends who have babies, and i have a copy myself...it's kind of awesome...

it has all these soft tones, with chimes, vibraphones glockenspiels, and other stuff like harps...

but best of all, is the catchphrase...

gentle instruments temper Nirvana's wild spirit for your little one. "Smells Like Teen Spirit?" Smells like nap time.

http://shopping.canoe.ca/ss/media/20725000/20725129.jpg

YouTube - Lullaby Renditions of Nirvana - All Apologies

YouTube - Lullaby Renditions of Nirvana - Heart-Shaped Box

but best of all, they have it for all sorts of bands :smile:...they are all actually pretty cool.

this is one of my favorites...Zeppelin

look at the cover...it is a crayon takeoff on the famous Zeppelin painting...look at the face

Rockabye Baby! - Transform your favorite rock music into baby music.

BikerGirlnAtl

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I actually must admit that I am ashamed that I buy this CD for all my friends who have babies, and i have a copy myself...it's kind of awesome...

it has all these soft tones, with chimes, vibraphones glockenspiels, and other stuff like harps...

but best of all, is the catchphrase...

gentle instruments temper Nirvana's wild spirit for your little one. "Smells Like Teen Spirit?" Smells like nap time.

Wow, that's pretty cool!

9inchcanadian

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh screw it, I also have Men Without Hats - Safety Dance. Don't noone say I'm not honest (to a fault).

Great tune! nothing to be ashamed of at all!!!!!!

My worst is also the first CD i ever bought for myself at age 15

2 Unlimited No Limits

It was the early 90s people!!!!!!!

Now altogether. No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no theres no limits.