Which evokes more pride: to be desired or envied?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Howard10011, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Howard10011

Howard10011 New Member

Being well-endowed can prompt strong emotions from others. Some are desirous of your dimensions, others envious. Which of these two reactions makes you feel more pride in your endowment?

2. Macarion

Macarion New Member

Desired

envy does not involve sex

3. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

Envy is pain at the good fortune of others, so I'll have to say desired.

4. exwhyzee

Gold Member

Envy leaves a lot to be desired.

I pick Desire.

5. B_Spladle

B_Spladle New Member

Yep.

6. JoeNeckbone

JoeNeckbone New Member

Albums:
    Desire is erotic but I would rather be trusted.

7. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    in that case, i'll go with envy. enjoying the misery of other humans is the only thing that makes life on this shitawful planet endurable

8. B_UNKNOWN321

B_UNKNOWN321 New Member

Not sure I particularly like either of these choices. I have received plenty of both but always feel either guilty or embarrassed when it is expressed openly. I must admit there is a fleeting feeling of pride, but it does not last long. I prefer if either is expressed it be couched in a discussion where we both can feel some joy in admiring quality of each other then the dick thing does not totally prevail if I happen to the one getting the envy or desire.

9. aquadude

aquadude New Member

Albums:
    I would much rather be desired, because with desire it gives me a sense of power. If someone envys me then big deal, they just want what I have, but if someone desires me then they want me, and I can tease them and play with thier head as much as I want. Or if I feel like it I can indulge thier desire, because hell, thier desires just might be mine as well.

10. Gisella

Gold Member

Im not well endoned but i dont like to be left out...i like to participate in questions...

Always desired..always...but the 'evoke more pride' term i dont like it..i prefer 'feels better'...:wink:

Eka..from envy comes terrible vibes..no good!!!:tdown:

11. D_Coyne Toss

D_Coyne Toss New Member

Envied for sure!

12. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

Desired.

Envied implies other people have sore feelings towards you, which means that you may well be hated by people.

However I suppose the two go hand in hand, those who realise that you are desired yet don't desire you themselves, may well envy you because what they desire desires you.

If that makes sense!:confused:

But I suppose it probably reflects on how competative you are, a more competative man would prefer to be envied because that implies he's better and is more tied up in the actual competition between males. A less competative man would prefer to be desired because thats the result of the competition rather than the competition itself.

13. Pene_Negro_Grande

Gold Member

Desire....Agree w/the previous poster about Envy can lead to hate....Desire also give you a level of control....

14. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

Are you sure you're not the marrying kind?

15. Snozzle

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Isn't it a little foolish to be proud of being well-endowed? It isn't (usually) as though you achieved it by any effort of your own. Wouldn't it be more appropriate, when you're desired (by some strait woman and/or gay guys) or admired (by straight guys), to be happy to have something that others want, one way or another.

One of the saddest things in the gay world (and the strait world, but women) is the former beauties, who never had to make any effort to attract men, and now (the men) still stand around giving attitude because that's all they know, and nobody's interested any more. A big donger is lifelong, but I guess a man who has no other charms eventually finds out that it's a false friend.

16. Amazingray

Amazingray New Member

nice post, its just nice to be desired as its a sweet feeling and it makes it easier to satisfy my sexual needs. I wouldn't want men to feel envious over my penis, its not like i deserve to be envied on the grounds of soemthing i was born with.

Just society is an amazing place, u get respect/status for things u have no control over. but, for me i shouldn't complain even if it doesn seem rather daft :biggrin1:

17. dolf250

dolf250 New Member

This is a tough question for me. When it comes to women desired without any hesitation. With guys I am not certain that I feel comfortable being an object of desire. I don't particularly care for having other men envy it either... so... I guess I chose neither.

18. Howard10011

Howard10011 New Member

After having read Aquadude's comment, I wonder if perhaps the original question ought to be changed to this: Which evokes a greater sense of power -- to be desired or envied?

19. karmen

karmen New Member

Albums:
    Howard10011:

Envious Desire!

20. aquadude

aquadude New Member

Albums:
    again, I think I am going to have to go with desired, because when someone desires you, they are more likely to bend to your will then someone that envies you. After all envy is just a fancy way of saying jealousy.

Draft saved Draft deleted