Which famous band did you see before they hit it big?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I mentioned in another post that I saw NIN (Nine Inch Nails) in a dive bar in North Newark, NJ before they were famous.

How about you?

I also ran on stage at a GoGo's concert and got A hug from Belinda Carlisle at Radio City Music Hall. But they had already made it big.

bigboy9239

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I mentioned in another post that I saw NIN (Nine Inch Nails) in a dive bar in North Newark, NJ before they were famous.

How about you?

I also ran on stage at a GoGo's concert and got A hug from Belinda Carlisle at Radio City Music Hall. But they had already made it big.

I saw Frankie Beverly and Raw Soul...(before they were Maize),,,,at a bar at 55th and Chester ave,,,in Southwest philly in 1976.....I know..whos Frankie Beverly.....

koval

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In the late 70's when I was a kid I used to go to this kinda flea market in Dublin called "the Dandelion Market" were this group used to busk most weekends. Now they're just known as :hail:U2.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Saw the Alman Brothers in 1970. In 1971, I was asked to go pick up Dwayne Alman at a hotel. When I got there, there were two women in the hotel room with him. I drove him back to the show in a borrowed 1965 VW.
ZZ Top on an airplane in 1973. We were the only people on it and talked the whole trip.
In 1976, I worked in a restaurant with Phred from B52s. He made salads, I was a waiter. The band was just in initial rehearsals, as I recall.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
Lynyrd Skynyrd at a prep/reform school for affluent juvenile delinquents and past and future senators in Chattanooga Tennessee when I was a seventh grader. It was a dance but I just sat there entranced. Three years later they released 'Pronounced' and I heard 'I Ain't The One' on FM radio. I was like... I know this song!

The rest is history.