which guy would you marry?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by the_1homie, Aug 1, 2007.

1. the_1homie

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    ladies which guy would you marry ? a good looking "bad boy" with a good heart that treats you very well physically mentally sexually and emotionally but that lives a scarface/tony soprano lifestyle (with all the money , perks and draw backs) or would you take the good looking "safe guy" like a doctor that treats you just as good but lives a everyday suburb life

2. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Both of them! Together!

3. Principessa

Gold Member

I'll take the safe guy and I don't care what he does. He can be a landscaper, school custodian, a mechanic, or a doctor.

I am divorcing drama from my life!

Heck, I kinda like Volvo wagons. :smile:

4. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: FFS! NJ - Steady now! You'll be wearing twinset and pearls next!!

To the OP - I think the question is a little dumb but seeing as I'm posting in your thread I guess I'd better answer it.

Bad boy - every time - at least all the skeletons are out of the closet - it's the quiet ones you have to watch...

5. Principessa

Gold Member

6. wldhoney

Gold Member

Albums:
    I wouldn't consider anyone who lived a mob lifestyle or lived off pain and harm to others no matter how good looking, how wealthy, or how well he treated me.

7. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I was sure I'd posted on this which leaves the question where the bloody hell did I accidentally post something that's going to turn out to have no relevance whatsoever?

Your bad guy isn't really a bad guy and I'd go for the good guy, life is already hard enough without being with someone who makes it harder.

8. No_Strings

Gold Member

You did - I think there are two copies of the same exact thread rolling around. :rolleyes:

I'd marry the guy who isn't afraid to wear womens' underwear. :cool:

9. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

Cheers NS, at least now I know I'm not ready for the nuthouse :)

10. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

Hmmmm? You are getting awfully close to home here. Why do you surmise the suburban doc is mundane? What if he is really fun? The occupation doesn't make them boring. U can be a boring drug dealer.

What if the suburban doc has gone to Hilton Head, Savannah, Belize, Telluride, Baja, Maui, Pebble beach, London, is planning Tuscany, Paris, the Bahamas, Madrid (all of this in 2 years) and his lady shops for Manolos, Vera Wang, Dolce and Gabbana, (in Italy mind you) has a country club membership and is looking for a convertible Benz? Buys gold on the Ponte Vecchio? Zips away for a naked sex and alcohol fueled week at Turks and Caicos? And gets the living shit fucked out of her every day?

I hate this kind of good boy/ bad boy comparison, as if being a bad boy automatically implies a more exciting life. Bull shit. I know lots of good boys, me included who have a pretty fucking great time and so does their lady.

Want my thought? Driven, career oriented competitive men, the kind who have endured 8-10 years of punishing grad school, who have achieved some success in life want it all. Those guys are fun.

Fooilish stereotypes.

Actually the more I think about it, the WORSE the original question becomes. As wldhoney says why would a man assume, where does the thought process originate, that would lead one to think a woman would choose a gangster over a man who dedicates his life to healing people?

And taking it further, this is why we have women kicking the absolute shit out of men in the education realm. Women as I have said now get 57% of college degrees, soon to be 61%. Why? Because women see the value of effort toward a goal, the degree, while men don't and think they can just skate thru life. It bears repeating that women or the next generation will have to pair bond with a man well below their education rank. IN the black community that is now an absolute fact.

Has it come to this, that men think so little of themselves and of women? Actaully given the OPs name I should have guessed.

11. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Stability (word of the day)

The bad boy bullshit grows old very quickly. I'll take the "safe guy" every time

12. Principessa

Gold Member

13. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

14. Principessa

Gold Member

15. wingnut84

wingnut84 New Member

16. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wingnut... you are usually one of the most perceptive and sensitive posters in a thread...

I don't even follow (understand) your more recent posting in this thread.

ANyway, I'm sure you have your reasons, but can you please help a poor gal like me keep her lovely image of you?!

17. Principessa

Gold Member

Perceptive and sensitive?!? :eek: WTF? :confused: Have those posts been deleted; because I have experienced nothing but angry, ignorant, misogynistic, and often unprovoked posts like the one in this thread.

18. whatireallywant

Gold Member

19. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm sorry, njqt -- I've only been around a few weeks. I don't know everybody that well, Even so, I've always enjoyed wingnut's postings and I've bumped into him in many a topic where he WASN'T angry or misogynistic. Everybody has personality -- just like I can count on you to bring things down to earth and cut to the chase! :biggrin1:

(And NO, I am not being sarcastic. I frequently put my foot in my mouth, but at least I meant whatever I said... :wink: Jeez did I just say I was stupid? God, maybe I'd be better off putting a cork in my mouth!)

20. No_Strings

Gold Member

nevermind

Draft saved Draft deleted