Which is crueler, umbilical cord or foreskin removal?

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
That made me laugh.

Anyway, the cord will dry up and fall off by itself after a few days whether it's cut or not.

Most mammals actually eat their placentas, and most of the umbilical cord.

Did you know that in France, the placenta used to be cooked and served to the mother for her first postpartum meal?

Titsdude21

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
It is pretty common to wait until the baby has started breathing etc before cutting the chord.

Well it is becoming more common, and ps there are no nerves in the chord.

So it is kind of like asking which is worse, cutting a log off, or cutting someones hair. Not really the same thing.

zack800

Experimental Member
Media
LOL. This is pretty absurd... the umbilical cord serves to provide nutrients to a foetus while it is in the uterus of a pregnant mother. After the baby is born, what use is it to retain the cord? Moreover, like what others have mentioned, the cord will eventually dry up, shrivel and fall off to expose what is called the bellybutton. The umbilical cord does contain cells such as stem cells that can be used for research to improve the lives of mankind but has not much use for a baby...

Silvertip

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
Huh? The function of the umbilical cord is over once the baby is born. It will die and fall off anyway. Many animals actually chew it to sever it.

The foreskin continues to be living tissue and is part of the penis ...

Nonetheless, many of us have been known to chew foreskin as well.

wallaboi

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
In fairness, the entire thing was meant more as a joke to the people who rant about circumcision being a deadly sin, equal only in the insanity of the pro-circers, who wail that an uncircumcised penis is 'filthy and stinky'.

At the risk of of appearing humourless, I don't really get the joke, and wonder whether there is some serious expression of your opinion in the original post. In the quote above you say that it was "meant more as a joke to the people who rant..." Was it more of a joke, or more of your opinion ... and how do you make a joke to someone?

As I'm not particularly religous, I don't really believe in mortal sin, so I don't believe that circumcision is a mortal sin. I do however believe that routine infant circumcision is an outmoded ritual and has no value in our modern society, and most likely has a negative impact on the lives of men.

Is it wrong to argue forcefully and relentlessly for something you believe, or should you just accept the status quo? Where would our society be now, if there was no activism.

You may think it is not an important issue, and that it is ok to make jokes about people who feel they have been subjected to a violation of their body and rights, or others like me who just believe that it is a practice that should stop.

Stop hiding your true beliefs behind a stupid joke or just stay out of the debate.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In fairness, the entire thing was meant more as a joke to the people who rant about circumcision being a deadly sin, equal only in the insanity of the pro-circers, who wail that an uncircumcised penis is 'filthy and stinky'.

At the risk of of appearing humourless, I don't really get the joke, and wonder whether there is some serious expression of your opinion in the original post. In the quote above you say that it was "meant more as a joke to the people who rant..." Was it more of a joke, or more of your opinion ... and how do you make a joke to someone?

As I'm not particularly religous, I don't really believe in mortal sin, so I don't believe that circumcision is a mortal sin. I do however believe that routine infant circumcision is an outmoded ritual and has no value in our modern society, and most likely has a negative impact on the lives of men.

Is it wrong to argue forcefully and relentlessly for something you believe, or should you just accept the status quo? Where would our society be now, if there was no activism.

You may think it is not an important issue, and that it is ok to make jokes about people who feel they have been subjected to a violation of their body and rights, or others like me who just believe that it is a practice that should stop.

Stop hiding your true beliefs behind a stupid joke or just stay out of the debate.

I am not hiding behind anything. If you bothered, ever, reading the circ/anti circ rants, you'd realize the levels it reaches.

I am against the circumcising of a baby, I believe the choice should be made by the male as an adult, unless there is true medical need or if a religious rite is involved, as is the case with Judaism. I have stated this numerous times- the pro-circers hate me for it.

When I speak of having had a circumcision as an adult, due to a medical emergency (motorcycle accident, torn foreskin) and that I've had a good sex life since, and in fact some of the best sex, the anti-circers hate me. I've been honest with them.

My stance- end RIC; yet, understand however, it is not the end of the world if it happened. If a man never had seen a foreskin, or heard about foreskin or circumcision, he'd have no connection to it. He would not be running around the internet screaming how he was victimized and abused- an abuse that many equate to rape. I suggested to one, that he try a gentler approach and that he ask new parents or soon to be parents, that they think about all aspects, think about the nerve endings in the skin tissue of the foreskin which can offer a different sensation- note, I say different, not better or worse, I suggested he tell the parents, they can make the first gift to their son, the gift of choice, allowing the son to keep the skin as long as they want to. The response to that, was in essence that if I had crashed my bike anywhere other than the U.S.A. I'd have my foreskin. I had to then point out, I'd also be dead!

What goes wrong in the circ/anti circ matches is thus- 'all uncircumcised are ugly, and stink and are filthy' No matter who says anything, and no matter how much the bathing is presented- and for circumcised it's needed as well- the rant comes back that all uncircumcised penises are filthy.

On the other side, we have the 'circumcision destroys all sex life' and 'all the nerves are killed' these arguments are presented by men who were circumcised in their first days of life, they have no recollection of the circumcision. Women chime in although they never had a foreskin. Those of us who have been on both sides are railed against as well, that is, if we have a good healthy sex life, the antis go against us, if we tell that some sensations are different (different not wrong), the pro-circs come after us.

There are those who claim they have never had a good sex life because they were circumcised. Maybe there's something else lingering there which causes the poor sex life, because there are millions of uncircumcised men who have never had a good sex life- some in the circ/anit-circ threads, complaining that at age 70 they are still uncut and it is terrible and there are millions of circumcised men who have full active sex lives, thrilling others and themselves.

My thread dealing with the umbilical cord/foreskin removals, is to point out that both have a use and one can liive without either of them and live a happy life, have pleasurable and give pleasurable sex. I know, I've lived on both sides of the foreskin. I've been with men who had a foreskin and by the age of 30 could not get an erection and men in their seventies still able to fuck like mad, without a foreskin and without any pills. I've met and been with women who have had similar encounters. It shows the foreskin on its own is not the be all and end all. If a person gets that caught up in it, to the point of hating their parents, the medical community and believing that they are sexually inadequate, then they are creating their own sexual nightmare. It happened, calmly tell people to not have their son circumcised, and get on with life.

Once more, end RIC, once more, sex without a foreskin is still very pleasure laden, a penis can be clean or dirty with or without a foreskin, same as all other body parts, it needs to be washed.

wallaboi

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I am not hiding behind anything. If you bothered, ever, reading the circ/anti circ rants, you'd realize the levels it reaches.

I am against the circumcising of a baby, I believe the choice should be made by the male as an adult, unless there is true medical need or if a religious rite is involved, as is the case with Judaism. I have stated this numerous times- the pro-circers hate me for it.

When I speak of having had a circumcision as an adult, due to a medical emergency (motorcycle accident, torn foreskin) and that I've had a good sex life since, and in fact some of the best sex, the anti-circers hate me. I've been honest with them.

My stance- end RIC; yet, understand however, it is not the end of the world if it happened. If a man never had seen a foreskin, or heard about foreskin or circumcision, he'd have no connection to it. He would not be running around the internet screaming how he was victimized and abused- an abuse that many equate to rape. I suggested to one, that he try a gentler approach and that he ask new parents or soon to be parents, that they think about all aspects, think about the nerve endings in the skin tissue of the foreskin which can offer a different sensation- note, I say different, not better or worse, I suggested he tell the parents, they can make the first gift to their son, the gift of choice, allowing the son to keep the skin as long as they want to. The response to that, was in essence that if I had crashed my bike anywhere other than the U.S.A. I'd have my foreskin. I had to then point out, I'd also be dead!

What goes wrong in the circ/anti circ matches is thus- 'all uncircumcised are ugly, and stink and are filthy' No matter who says anything, and no matter how much the bathing is presented- and for circumcised it's needed as well- the rant comes back that all uncircumcised penises are filthy.

On the other side, we have the 'circumcision destroys all sex life' and 'all the nerves are killed' these arguments are presented by men who were circumcised in their first days of life, they have no recollection of the circumcision. Women chime in although they never had a foreskin. Those of us who have been on both sides are railed against as well, that is, if we have a good healthy sex life, the antis go against us, if we tell that some sensations are different (different not wrong), the pro-circs come after us.

There are those who claim they have never had a good sex life because they were circumcised. Maybe there's something else lingering there which causes the poor sex life, because there are millions of uncircumcised men who have never had a good sex life- some in the circ/anit-circ threads, complaining that at age 70 they are still uncut and it is terrible and there are millions of circumcised men who have full active sex lives, thrilling others and themselves.

My thread dealing with the umbilical cord/foreskin removals, is to point out that both have a use and one can liive without either of them and live a happy life, have pleasurable and give pleasurable sex. I know, I've lived on both sides of the foreskin. I've been with men who had a foreskin and by the age of 30 could not get an erection and men in their seventies still able to fuck like mad, without a foreskin and without any pills. I've met and been with women who have had similar encounters. It shows the foreskin on its own is not the be all and end all. If a person gets that caught up in it, to the point of hating their parents, the medical community and believing that they are sexually inadequate, then they are creating their own sexual nightmare. It happened, calmly tell people to not have their son circumcised, and get on with life.

Once more, end RIC, once more, sex without a foreskin is still very pleasure laden, a penis can be clean or dirty with or without a foreskin, same as all other body parts, it needs to be washed.

Northland, thanks for your serious and in depth response.