Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I guess we should change this thread to "Who do you miss most from LPSG?" since that is what people think it means when I asked "Which members keep you at LPSG?"

I know some of you don't want to touch favoritism with a 10 foot pole, but that's ok, just don't post in it if you don't want to name anyone in particular.

I'm glad I did because it helped atleast one person not delete her account that day. Little did I know. Little do you all know who you might be saving by letting them know they are special to you.

Oh well.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
quote: Drifterwood---

Indeed, Man B.

What the fuck is it with all these self fulfilling popularity contests?

:shocked: i agree w/manly and drifterwood

These vanity/list/suck-up threads return with a nauseating frequency. They help to polarize the membership and anoint those for whom the gods have showered special gifts.

Plus they reinforce the concept of cabals and cliques where, in point of fact, none such actually exist. This seems to especially draw the ire of those amongst us who seem unable to connect socially with the more intellectual, attractive or eloquent among the membership in general and the active commentariat in general.

I've had the honor of meeting perhaps twenty members here IRL; in all but one case s/he impressed me as being even more engaging in the flesh than on the boards. And even that person, who rarely if ever contributes here any more, impressed me as a serious intellect, though the emotional maturity that I require in a friend was hardly in evidence, if at all.

My life is pretty much an open secret. Anyone looking to explore the flesh-and-blood man behind his (occasionally) rambling posts here need only to announce either a visit to SoFla or a residency here; I'll agree to meet any and all of them, either alone or in a social context. I have nothing to hide, and with the accuracy of my gallery shots, am easily recognizable even from afar. That's a feature which is universally recognized among my newly-met OL buds/pals/friends.

There are, of course, many members with whom I maintain an active written dialog but who, for myriad reasons, prefer that our discussions remain back lit in phosphorous rather than knee-to-knee. I respect their decision to maintain the status quo rather than attempt a full-on, real-time discussion. Maybe it's the overtly sexual nature of most I choose to post, maybe it's an innate shyness on his/her part; I certainly hope that it's not a fear of being judged unworthy on some physical level, as that's not what brings me here.

I do not come here to cruise, rather to discuss and engage others intellectually and emotionally on topics which I find amusing/interesting/productive/provocative. My sexual criteria are too well known to presume otherwise, after all; besides, they exclude the vast majority of the membership here. That's why I count so completely on the intellectual/emotional bonding that I do here. Ass is available on Mancunt; minds generally are not.

I guess we should change this thread to "Who do you miss most from LPSG?" since that is what people think it means when I asked "Which members keep you at LPSG?"
Shush you. :wink:

I already posted my list - I just remembered that Hhuck used to keep me here when he was still around. :smile:

spoon

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
These vanity/list/suck-up threads return with a nauseating frequency. They help to polarize the membership and anoint those for whom the gods have showered special gifts.

Plus they reinforce the concept of cabals and cliques where, in point of fact, none such actually exist. This seems to especially draw the ire of those amongst us who seem unable to connect socially with the more intellectual, attractive or eloquent among the membership in general and the active commentariat in general.

I've had the honor of meeting perhaps twenty members here IRL; in all but one case s/he impressed me as being even more engaging in the flesh than on the boards. And even that person, who rarely if ever contributes here any more, impressed me as a serious intellect, though the emotional maturity that I require in a friend was hardly in evidence, if at all.

My life is pretty much an open secret. Anyone looking to explore the flesh-and-blood man behind his (occasionally) rambling posts here need only to announce either a visit to SoFla or a residency here; I'll agree to meet any and all of them, either alone or in a social context. I have nothing to hide, and with the accuracy of my gallery shots, am easily recognizable even from afar. That's a feature which is universally recognized among my newly-met OL buds/pals/friends.

There are, of course, many members with whom I maintain an active written dialog but who, for myriad reasons, prefer that our discussions remain back lit in phosphorous rather than knee-to-knee. I respect their decision to maintain the status quo rather than attempt a full-on, real-time discussion. Maybe it's the overtly sexual nature of most I choose to post, maybe it's an innate shyness on his/her part; I certainly hope that it's not a fear of being judged unworthy on some physical level, as that's not what brings me here.

I do not come here to cruise, rather to discuss and engage others intellectually and emotionally on topics which I find amusing/interesting/productive/provocative. My sexual criteria are too well known to presume otherwise, after all; besides, they exclude the vast majority of the membership here. That's why I count so completely on the intellectual/emotional bonding that I do here. Ass is available on Mancunt; minds generally are not.

i decided to delete my post, but, you quoted before i deleted. :biggrin1:

never been in a clique, and...................proud of it. never a cheerleader either.

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."
Groucho Marx

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay

never been in a clique, and...................proud of it. never a cheerleader either.

Groucho Marx

Spoon, I've never been in a Clique before the internet allowed for weird and unusual people like me to have a place to call home. Some cliques are worth being in, in my book anyway. I was never a cheerleader and never could have met the qualifications to be one or stay one.

I know a lot of people around here, especially women, respect you a great deal. I know I do. So whether you want to be in the clique or not, I'm dragging you by your hair to be a part of the clique that likes to have you as a member. ;)

This thread was created not so I could know who I am special to (I hear that enough already) but I don't tell enough people that they are special to me and keep me here on difficult days. That's what this was all about when I created it. If that makes any sense.

Usually, the stuff in the Straight Adult Videos section keeps me here.

spoon

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
thank you mr.

i've never been a clique type person tho. never cared. one of my sisters was a cheerleader for about a minute. i think she looked at the tryouts as practice for auditioning (she's an actor.)

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
thank you mr.

i've never been a clique type person tho. never cared. one of my sisters was a cheerleader for about a minute. i think she looked at the tryouts as practice for auditioning (she's an actor.)

I didn't have a good relationship with my mom until I became an adult and I have no sisters (just 4 older brothers) so my friendships with the ladies here really gives me something I missed out on growing up. I always wanted a sister.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Groucho Marx

Spoon, I've never been in a Clique before the internet allowed for weird and unusual people like me to have a place to call home. Some cliques are worth being in, in my book anyway. I was never a cheerleader and never could have met the qualifications to be one or stay one.

I know a lot of people around here, especially women, respect you a great deal. I know I do. So whether you want to be in the clique or not, I'm dragging you by your hair to be a part of the clique that likes to have you as a member. ;)

This thread was created not so I could know who I am special to (I hear that enough already) but I don't tell enough people that they are special to me and keep me here on difficult days. That's what this was all about when I created it. If that makes any sense.

Oh gawd! If I express and admiration for either and (or)/the both of you am I now beholden to some Heatherseque clique?

Quelle horreur! Oh! The shame!