Which LPSG Members keep you here?

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I didn't have a good relationship with my mom until I became an adult and I have no sisters (just 4 older brothers) so my friendships with the ladies here really gives me something I missed out on growing up. I always wanted a sister.

And, of course, I've always wanted a brother, much as I adore my two sisters.

VernalTiger

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I didn't have a good relationship with my mom until I became an adult and I have no sisters (just 4 older brothers) so my friendships with the ladies here really gives me something I missed out on growing up. I always wanted a sister.

I have two brothers and always wanted (an older) sister, but then I went to an all-girls boarding school. Sharing meals, bathrooms & bedrooms with 80 girls, 7 days a week, 40 weeks a year, quickly disabused me of that desire.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
no offense, but no one..

I come here because I like the site, like reading posts and responding.

This isn't the topic, but if there were anyone I'd leave the site over it would be becasuse he (seriouisly) wished me death threats because I disagreed with him. If you want to know his name it is:

ANAL LIGHTBULB

If you might want to check the post go to Celebrity Endowments to the "hung athlete Felix Sanchez" thread.

The guy is sick.

Wow
:eek:fftopic:

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I take issue with the word "saving". You make it sound like leaving LPSG = committing suicide.

Jeez Rob, what else could I have meant?

I don't have a Messiah complex or something. It was obvious I meant saved them from leaving the site.

I'd like to think no one has thought of offing him/herself. But we all know that is not likely the case, even on LPSG. Why are you mincing words just to be combative?

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media

I don't have a Messiah complex or something. It was obvious I meant saved them from leaving the site.

I'd like to think no one has thought of offing him/herself. But we all know that is not likely the case, even on LPSG. Why are you mincing words just to be combative?

I'm not sure why my finding your choice of phrasing to be unfortunate makes me combative. :confused:

Perhaps you've never read any of those probably-apocryphal stories about people performing a random act of kindness for a stranger, and through being the recipient of that kindness, the stranger changing his/her mind about suicide (or some other unpleasant course of action). I found the wording you chose evocative of those stories; that's my point.

Anyway - the word "saving" implies that the person in question is being rescued from something unpleasant. This is one internet site among (millions? tens of millions?); someone leaving here isn't something to lose sleep over. There have to be (dozens? hundreds? billions?) of people in the world who can live quite happily without being a member here.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I'm not sure why my finding your choice of phrasing to be unfortunate makes me combative. :confused:

Perhaps you've never read any of those probably-apocryphal stories about people performing a random act of kindness for a stranger, and through being the recipient of that kindness, the stranger changing his/her mind about suicide (or some other unpleasant course of action). I found the wording you chose evocative of those stories; that's my point.

Anyway - the word "saving" implies that the person in question is being rescued from something unpleasant. This is one internet site among (millions? tens of millions?); someone leaving here isn't something to lose sleep over. There have to be (dozens? hundreds? billions?) of people in the world who can live quite happily without being a member here.

The thought of someone leaving who is a cornerstone of the community because they feel like they aren't valued here is something unfortunate for the site as a whole. If enough people do it, the organism changes negatively.

Yes I have heard of stories where people were indeed talked out of doing something destructive or suicidal because someone reminded them that they are worth having around.

I would lose sleep over someone special here leaving and never talking to them again. I would wonder if they died of natural causes, a disease or committed suicide or in a car accident. Did they get a chronic illness that prevented them from coming back? Did they lose their income that prevents them from having internet services anymore.

But after 16 years on internet forums and chatrooms. I have seen and heard it all. Call me stupid for showing concern for others- even those on a large penis website. Because it's not just some large penis website for me and I know it's not just that to others.

Because I spend a large amount of time laid up being sick. The internet communities I frequent the most mean a lot more to me than the average person.

Bloody hell you're having a hard time with this thread! :frown1:

Think twice next time, before you post a thread that's meant to be nice, lmao. :tongue:

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
First you decide I'm combative, now you're putting words in my mouth...

I added that as a general statement for ANYONE who might think I'm stupid for showing the amount of concern that I do. You or anyone else. Particularly if you think "Anyway - the word "saving" implies that the person in question is being rescued from something unpleasant. This is one internet site among (millions? tens of millions?); someone leaving here isn't something to lose sleep over. There have to be (dozens? hundreds? billions?) of people in the world who can live quite happily without being a member here."

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Bloody hell you're having a hard time with this thread! :frown1:

Think twice next time, before you post a thread that's meant to be nice, lmao. :tongue:

I know!

It's been thrown out of orbit every page thus far. Serves me right.

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Okay, my list of names are strictly from my friends list and are going to be ordered alphabetically (to be fair)!

CrookedHalo
Dante
FancyPants
Guill
hungcowboy
JadedSouls
joll
kaii
LaFemme
Mademoiselle Rouge
MinderBender11
Serial Kisser
subgirrl

I might be missing some people who aren't in my friends list, and even some people who ARE my friend on here. But these people ... I think I could talk to them about many things. I know some more personally than others, but I feel confident in my trust in all of these members.

<3 to you all.