which one is more likely to have public showers, ballys,la fitness, planetfitness

bigdog83

Sexy Member
Media
i want to join a gym by my work. and i(decided to) want to try to over come my shyness and want to join a gym with public showers. my wish is that this will allow me to grow out of my bubble a little bit in social situations. i really mean this and not trying to be a perv finding public showers. i started a new job and am really shy and finding out(allowing myself to see this is a problem, and not running from it) that i have a hardtime making friends/ getting to know new ppl because im like a little turtle around new ppl.

if u belong to any of these gyms, what are your showers like?

paulobr79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm a member of LA Fitness in the UK and they have public showers. I'm not shy in there anymore and am quite happy to walk around naked now

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
the fact that the showers are public doesn't mean that guys, especially younger, will be taking showers. We've raised a male generation or two which is deathly afraid of anyone seeing anything that may even remotely indicate they are possibly male. Guys no longer wear Speedos, reasonably fitting clothes, briefs, etc.

But:biggrin1: young guys will take pics of themselves wrapped in towels or super sagging underwear and publish them on MySpace and U-Tube. Go figure.

Brendnj

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Go visit each gym before you sign up. You may not like the actual workout facilities. Almost all gyms will let you work out for free for a period of time before you sign up.

As someone who also had to overcome shyness and a lack of self confidence, go for the right reasons, not just to check out the other men. Do it for yourself.

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I agree with the above - most gyms (certainly the ones you listed) will offer a free tour of the facilities including the locker room and showers. You can probably score a free temporary membership so you can try them out to see which one works best for you.

I work out at a 24hr Fitness here in LA and used to go to Ballys, both of which have public showers.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think that there is any connection between lacking the nerve to show your naked body in an open shower and being shy, or between their opposites. There are good reasons for wanting to be able to show your body in front of other naked guys in an open shower, but I do not think that gaining that ability will do anything for your shyness in other situations.

That said, I have been in several Bally clubs in different cities and there can be huge differences among them. In the one I belong to now, the showers are crap -- or at least they were when I last used them. I eventually got tired of their crappiness and now I just shower at home afterwards (I live nearby). But that is no basis for predicting what the facilities are like in the one near you. You have to go see for yourself in any case.

Go visit each gym before you sign up. You may not like the actual workout facilities. Almost all gyms will let you work out for free for a period of time before you sign up.

^ What he said.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
What classification would i be in if i am not shy and a little nervous about being naked around strangers?

I think its like saying that talking to people in public more will make you less shy about being naked around others. I dont think the two can go hand in hand.

I'm great in small groups but im more comfortable being naked in front of strangers male or female than i would be making a speech in front of a classroom.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
LA fitness in Ga has public showers...

we did have a change in shower CURTAINS tho...I work out and 2 diff locations and both had a mysterious problem with holes appearing (usualy from the inside out) in the shower curtains, usually at eye level....

so...the solution? ALL have showe curtains that are 'clear' from the chest up.

I know one of the trainers and he said at his location he saw, more than once, someone step OUT of the shower and then a few minutes later ANOTHER person step out of the same shower so... they had tried raising the curtains (to see how many feet are in there but the water going everywhere was a problem)

this really cuts down on activities....

D_Jerry_Atric

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The planet fitness I joined has showers. I just wish it had a pool. :sad: I like using an elliptical machine to run but swimming is better cardio and more fun.

Thankfully it's not a cruisy place since that sort of stuff gets very annoying and old fast. Not even all bisexual and gay men are even into this.

Do not be one of those guys that just joins a gym simply to cruise people, have public sex, and just get it on in the shower/locker room.

If you want all that go on the internet and invite people over to your house to shower or go to theirs, or go to a bath house/sex club.

Last edited:

mnrocko

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I go to L A Fitness now, used to go to Ballys. L. A. F. (in Minnesota) has private stalls w/curtains much to my dismay. I don't cruise but I love showering with a bunch of men, it just makes me happy. Love to see the differences.
One thing that amazes me is that here you have a private shower and men still wear thier underwear or gym shorts into the stall, pull the curtain strip , shower, reach out the side for their towel, dry off, wrap themselves, go to their locker, and then put their underwear on while their towel is still on!!! When did we(in the U S) become such prudes???It seems like a lot of tension for no reason, we all have a cock, some bigger, some smaller. Apparently the people who hide themselves like this perceive their cocks as inadequate..
I am looking for another gym, I like the more open casual, lockerroom style. I like when a guy walks to the shower naked, not caring what others think..