Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Do you always sleep on the same side of the bed?

At home, I always sleep on one side of the bed (right side when at the foot facing the bed) but when we travel, I don't have to sleep on that same side and will sleep on either side.

Reactions: BigdongSE

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Corner to corner. Like, no staying in my lane, Rage Sleep might be a thing.

For true, I fit me in around and between the doggos. I am a drooler. My cat sleeps on my butt.

I also have a really sweet sleeping hammock when a break from the maddening crowd is required.

Reactions: bigmanmikey444

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Left side. He's always got to be closer to the bathroom. Strangely enough, in the last three houses we've lived in the bathroom was always to the right of the bed.

Reactions: thirteenbyseven

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Left side. He's always got to be closer to the bathroom. Strangely enough, in the last three houses we've lived in the bathroom was always to the right of the bed.

I prefer the left side as well-- and that was years before I was upgraded into the left seat. We have a Cal King mattress for plenty of sprawl and fun space.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I prefer the left side as well-- and that was years before I was upgraded into the left seat. We have a Cal King mattress for plenty of sprawl and fun space.

I can't do a King size. And I'm talking about bed here... guys! Geez.

Too much real estate for me. I'd lose him in there, and I have to be close by.

Reactions: thirteenbyseven

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I sleep on what would be the right side if standing at the foot of the bed, but I always consider the left, since I look at the left/right paradigm when I'm actually lying in the bed.

Anyway, it has always been this way as long as I can remember and likely started because when we got married the alarm clock and phone (when there was only landlines) were on the left (facing the bed) of the bed so that was her side. We have just naturally kept to that arrangement, even though our individual stuff next to our sides of the bed could conceivably be on either side.

It also remained that way due to in our current home there being a clearer and more direct path to the bathroom on her side as she has always availed herself to nightly visits more than me (especially during pregnancy), though that has admittedly been less of the case since I (and my bladder) have aged :(.

There has also been little incentive to change over the years due to me consciencely and unconsciously spooning her during the night and her preferring to sleep on her right side, which also works out for me due to favoring my right side as well due to left shoulder pain if I lay on it too long.

In fact, the few times we have slept on opposite sides of the bed for whatever reason it felt strange and alien. Oddly enough, this is only the case in our own bed, as when we are away from home, while we mostly keep the same arrangement, but have been known to switch sides with no problem, so the dynamic differences are kind of weird.

Reactions: VT4
D

deleted627832

I sleep on the left side of my wife. I was on her left side. Driving left of her. When traveling with her or without, I sleep on the left.

Last edited by a moderator: