Which Sound Card?

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well I received my Logitech X210 speakers today. However, in my haste I ripped out the old speakers and damaged the connection to my PCI sound card. But it was only £10 and had no brand (one of those 'standard chipsets').

So now I'm wondering what card to get. I'm thinking Creative? But which one? I'd like to spend up to £20/maybe £30 on the card.

Right now I'm using the onboard VIA 97 Audio...that's probably not ideal and don't want to say it sounds shit in case this is the best it gets :tongue:

Sounds nice though. Very robust sound, you can hear everything. Lots of bass.

Anyways, which card do you recommend?

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i agree for what you are looking for soundblaster is decent.
if i am not writing music i just use my stock soundcard.
is the soundcard for gaming?
M-Audio is good as well.
just do not buy JBL or Presonous Firebox.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had a look if Logitech do a sound card (to match the speakers) but they don't. Those cards on that link look a bit expensive Viking ($100 = £50) but I'll have a proper look in a min.

I'll have a look into Soundblaster. What's Audigy like?

PS this is for music, interspersed with some gaming.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The best I've yet encountered. (I'm a bit of a tech geek/gamer.)

Don't let the "Xtreme Gamer" sway you - it's fantastic for all forms of aural entertainment.

I bought that earlier from ebuyer for <£25 with next day delivery. That site is overpriced!

:biggrin1:

Now I'm just rearranging my room...got too many wardrobes and not enough space...why am I doing this at 1am? :confused:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well I received my Logitech X210 speakers today. However, in my haste I ripped out the old speakers and damaged the connection to my PCI sound card. But it was only £10 and had no brand (one of those 'standard chipsets').

So now I'm wondering what card to get. I'm thinking Creative? But which one? I'd like to spend up to £20/maybe £30 on the card.

Right now I'm using the onboard VIA 97 Audio...that's probably not ideal and don't want to say it sounds shit in case this is the best it gets :tongue:

Sounds nice though. Very robust sound, you can hear everything. Lots of bass.

Anyways, which card do you recommend?
I bought the Logitech X-530. 140 watts. The sound is amazing. Great speakers for music or movies or anything.