Sexuality
Unsure

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
here's a sidebar question:

Does playing superman put some kind of curse or jinx on your acting career?

it seems that everybody who's ever been cast in the role either never goes on to anything else, bigger or broader, or they're just one hit wonders as superman and are never seen or heard from again?

i mean dean cain is basically a lifetime movie actor, and i like him alot but he's probably C-list at best.

tom welling is super hot and talented and should have blown up huge by now, but he's stuck and typecast in smallville and the few movies he's been in have been box office disasters.

christopher reeve's biggest role after superman was just becoming the poster boy for parapalegics, maybe even his life was cursed by playing superman?

I'd think if you were plotting an acting career you'd choose a batman role over superman, cuz all of those guys have become box office gold (well maybe not chris o'donnell) but u get what i mean

The role doesn't curse them, but I think you're right, once you're Superman that's probably as good as it gets. Roles like Batman or James Bond isn't far removed from that. Probably because it's a package deal for sequels.Others that come to mind, Disney productions do that too, Pirates of the Caribbean (Johnny Depp & Others), National Treasure (Nicholas Cage). Star Wars & Indiana Jones, then there was Titanic (either DiCaprio made mad money doing it and he voluntarily took time off or he couldn't even come close to reproducing the success and he disappeared ) ? Funny, thinking about type casts, anyone that ever did a superior gangster movie. Stallone is Rocky, Schwarzenegger is the Terminator. Patrick Stewart became Star Trek, not to mention Shatner as Kirk, Nimoy as Spock and the rest.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I absolutely loved Brandon Routh in the last one. I didn't really like the plot, but then you always gotta have a stupid villain because Super has to save the world.

m4mfun510

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Christopher Reeve/Dean Cain threesome :grinning-smiley-003

(And I'll add a little lust for George Reeves with that great 1950s look - especially as Clark Kent. What can I say? I'm turned on by a man in glasses and a suit. :rolleyes: )

JackoffCool

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Tyler Hoechlin is playing Superman and CW's supergirl....if they're trying to get me to watch...it's working. I can't breathe

Conqk9sVUAAHDPo.jpg

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I know he hasn't even started yet, but Tyler as Superman is giving me everything I desire.

Acting-wise, I'm pretty sure he can get the job done, but when these pics came out?! This is an amAAHzing costume!

Attachments

Reactions: Jjam and fino00