Which Wine Do You Serve With Pizza?

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
From the sounds of things, you should have tried to make off with some of his wardrobe.

I said nothing about the closets.

Vanity Fair? That's impressive.

I thought so. And he was wearing something new last night. I know because he'd forgotten to remove one of the tags.

My wardrobe couldn't get me into a Field & Stream best dressed.

Your candor is refreshing.

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ooooh ooooh ooooh!

I forgot to mention the delicious homemade humous!!!! :yumyum:

And we're still talking about that pizza! :cool:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Speaking of the wine...I took the bottles down to the recycle bin in the basement and ran into one of the neighbors and they said "Wow you must have had a really big party?" I said "No we just had two people over!":eek:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just in case you want to try this here is my recipe...
Tomato Sauce
In a large skillet on med heat 3 TBL olive oil, 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley, 1 med red onion finely chopped 1 celery stalk finely chopped, simmer until onions are golden. add two cloves of finely minced garlic and 1/2 cup fresh basil.
You can either cook in a stock pot...but I use a slow cooker...
2 1/2 pounds peeled seeded tomatoes coarsely chopped. 1 TBL tomato paste, salt and pepper to taste, ( I add a whole peeled potato to catch the acid).I put everything in a slow cooker for about 7 hours. When finished, remove the potato and throw it away) put the mixture in a food processor or blender and puree. You can keep this in the refrigerator for 4 days or freeze for up to three months.
Pizza Dough
In 2/3 warm water add a package of active dry yeast and 1tsp sugar. let it sit for about 10 minutes until it gets foamy.
In a food processor or Kitchen Aid sift 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour 1/2 tsp of salt add the yeast mixture thorough the feed tube and add 2 tsp of oil let the dough mix until it forms a ball, it should not be too sticky to the touch ...if so add flour until it does not stick to your fingers.
remove and roll in flour and let stand at least an hour before making the pizza, it may rise and need to be pounded down and formed into a ball a couple of times, roll in flour as necessary as it will become sticky again.
When it's time to make the Pizza
form into a greased cookie sheet or pizza pan,( I prefer a pizza stone.)
Add sauce to taste
This is the fun part
I cook sausage with minced garlic, toasted pine nuts, and spread that on top, with sliced mushrooms.(What ever your favorite toppings are make the pizza, top with mozzarella cheese, I also make one with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and bake in the lower third of the oven for about 25 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown and the cheese bubbles
Enjoy!

Last edited: