White Boys With Afros

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Occasionally, I see a white guy with Afro hair. Usually its younger guys who sport this look.

Yesterday, I passed by a white guy with a HUGE Afro. I'm very sure it wasn't a wig. I almost stopped him to say, "Cool hair, dude!" Now I wish I had.

How do white guys get their hair to look like that?

hippyscum

Experimental Member
Media
My little brother has VERY curly hair, and sometimes when he comes in from the rain and dries off, he ends up with a mini 'fro. The same thing used to happen to me, but alas, my hair is quite straight now. Something like Lex said about enforcing this kind of treatment on the hair would provide a white boy 'fro methinks.

Dude!

Just Browsing
Media
Woo! I am white and I have a 'fro! I'm not sure I really like the look, but people tell me it's cool and I should grow it longer...

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've seen way worse examples of white kids with shaved heads who can't pull it off. I'm talking about the Irish snow white ass mother fuckers with the bobble heads.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
What looks stupid are the white kids trying to be urban wearing Phat Farm, South Pole, etc., but still looking like 15 year old white boys who just bought the stuff at the mall and waiting for their moms to pick them up in the Dodge minivans. Don't even get me started on the white kids trying to wear bling...that's just plain retarded.

B_HappyHammer1977

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by prepstudinsc@Oct 27 2005, 03:07 PM
What looks stupid are the white kids trying to be urban wearing Phat Farm, South Pole, etc., but still looking like 15 year old white boys who just bought the stuff at the mall and waiting for their moms to pick them up in the Dodge minivans. Don't even get me started on the white kids trying to wear bling...that's just plain retarded.
[post=355875]Quoted post[/post]​

Bling's just wrong on anyone!

absinthium

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think dreads can look really cool on people of all ethnicities if they wear them well. It just doesn't suit some people. I've yet to see an afro on anybody that really looked cool to me, but that's just a personal thing.

As a side note, I used to sell really cheap, bonded gold bling at a kiosk in the local mall, and it was nothing short of hilarious. I'm all about ridiculous, hideous jewelry, but it's really great when the people wearing it have no idea how silly it is and are wearing it in an attempt to look like a hardass.

B_HappyHammer1977

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by absinthium@Oct 27 2005, 03:24 PM
I think dreads can look really cool on people of all ethnicities if they wear them well. It just doesn't suit some people. I've yet to see an afro on anybody that really looked cool to me, but that's just a personal thing.

As a side note, I used to sell really cheap, bonded gold bling at a kiosk in the local mall, and it was nothing short of hilarious. I'm all about ridiculous, hideous jewelry, but it's really great when the people wearing it have no idea how silly it is and are wearing it in an attempt to look like a hardass.
[post=355889]Quoted post[/post]​

I pity the fool who tries to look like me!

B_HappyHammer1977

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by prepstudinsc@Oct 27 2005, 03:33 PM
One of my friends ued to have short dreads and they looked really cool. The Rasta dreads, though, just look gross--I think they grow cockroaches and stuff in there. lol
[post=355897]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, a good friend of mine, known as Rasta Steve (original!) has the genuine dreads - berry juices, the works. One time he went one step too far with keeping it natural; when he wanted to bleach his dreads he decided to use natures own amonia - yup, he pissed in a cup and put it in his hair!

dlcs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Axex@Oct 27 2005, 01:46 PM

As for the white boy fro business, I don't think there's anything wrong with a person growing his or her hair out long. If it just so happens to "'fro" then whatever. I've been told I have a Jewfro when my hair grows out long...and I do. Just because a white kid has long hair that puffs out, does not mean he or she is trying to "act black". I know I'm not trying to act anything, that's just the way my hair grows when it gets long, and I don't think I should be judged accordingly.

[post=356004]Quoted post[/post]​
Two words:

Napolean Dynamite.

'Nuff said.

*bows, exits stage left*