100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by dlcs@Oct 27 2005, 07:49 PM
Two words:

Napolean Dynamite.

'Nuff said.

*bows, exits stage left*
[post=356006]Quoted post[/post]​

Clearly, you are the winner.

I knew a guy in school who had a white boy fro and he had no idea about his ancestry other than that his father was part German and part hillbilly. His brother had long romantic hair, but my friend's was kinky as all hell and it looked cool. He hated it, but you could get away with a lot in the 70's- we all looked like shit.

Lots of guys got perms back then to get the white boy fro going. I think as long as a person is able to get up in the morning and say to themselves "I look sweet today" that's good enough for me. Bling is only okay if the person exhibiting it knows how funny it is.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by dlcs@Oct 27 2005, 12:49 PM
Two words:

Napolean Dynamite.

'Nuff said.

*bows, exits stage left*
[post=356006]Quoted post[/post]​
Q: What are you going to do today, Napoleon?

A: Anything I feel like doing, God!!!!

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Stop the presses!

Why are you all calling them "fros"? NO matter what ethnicity, if your hair is curly enough it is going to bush out, if it is short and "bloom" if it is longer. I can not tell you the number of Italian and jewish friends who would slink up to me as if they were trying to find the closest drug dealer talking about a "friend" of theirs who was in need of black hair products. PULEASE! Did they not think I could see their hair? The thing that bothered me was the fact that so much angst was attached to having hair curly enough for someone to question whether mom did have a short fling with the mail man. I am so glad that we now have so many curly haired Latin citizens . If you will notice , we are seeing many more people with curly hair, products for curly hair, and finally people appreciating their curly hair instead of trying to fry, dye and lay it to the side.
As for white kids wearing,Sean John, Baby Phat or Phat Farm , just as Tommy Hilfiger and Timberlands were made for everyone , I am sure that the Simmons family is not worried about whether the money came from a black ,brown , yellow, red, or white hand. Hip hop trascends color. It is a lifestyle. Kids tend to dress as their friends dress. I am quite sure the kids know who they are. They do have to look in the mirror in the morning and at mom when she picks them up in the mini van! Black kids with majority white friends get the same thing from other blacks about "trying to look, talk or act white" . They are merely trying to live and fit in with their peer group who ever that might be.

Naughty

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
I agree with ya Naughty, but I still hate having naturally curly hair. I look absolutely hideous with it, in my opinion, hence I all but murder it every day with all I do to it...I'm probably as bad as a woman with hair products...but I'm gay, I'm allowed to be :p lol I'm not saying it looks bad on everyone, just me in particular. Oh well, such is life.I'll either cut it short (1:10000000 chance) or keep killing it. It's probably one of the very few genes I got from my dad, and I hate them all! Maybe there is a connection lol. I don't mean to sound like a bitch, even though I am being a bitch! Julian, your hair looks fine. I just happen to think mine is gross curly, so I do a lot to it. Again, I don't hate curly hair, it just doesn't suit me well at all. I might think differently if I wasn't mocked so badly in school for as long as I can remember until I cut it real short and started killing it. Angsty as it may be, it's just what I think :(

Edit: I think I repeat myself too much. I must say the same thing differently worded about a hundred times...(yes I know I rephrased, to some extent, the same whining in two ways in this edit...just making fun of myself, that's all! :p)

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In a widely circulated quote, one of Elvis' future caretakers mused over the possibility of finding "A white man who could sing like a Negro." Of course, this forward thinking harbinger of rock found his Wegro, his pale face farce that could ape (sic) the vocal stylings and mannerisms that had been igniting the Chitlin' Circuit for years via Little Richard's strained yelps and Chuck Berry's blazing lead guitar.

As time progressed, America's fixation with the nigger has not died. If anything it has swelled to unfathomable levels. Children born in the confines of blue eyed, picket fence suburbia sit indian style, jaws agape, watching the coon of the week grimace and tug on his genitals while extolling the virtues of illicit contraband and casual sex on music television. In due time, the virus spread. Visors were turned upside down. Vanity clothing labels founded by rappers were snatched up by rural youth intent on emulating the monkey business of the urban grotto. Obscenely large chrome rims were fitted on modest Japanese imports. Karma had finally struck the ancestors of slaveholders, hundreds of years later, and it exceeded their wildest fears.

THE WIGGER HAD HATCHED.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Frank,

What can I say. In spite of my best attemptsto keep from laughing, this comment was a "massa"work! I am going to have to print it out! Unfortunately, it is true. I must give you a standing ovation for this one. But then imitation is said to be the highest form of flattery. Youth is probably the last chance to imprint successfully before one is launched into the wide wide world.

Kim

Originally posted by Dr. Dilznick@Oct 28 2005, 09:05 AM
In a widely circulated quote, one of Elvis' future caretakers mused over the possibility of finding "A white man who could sing like a Negro." Of course, this forward thinking harbinger of rock found his Wegro, his pale face farce that could ape (sic) the vocal stylings and mannerisms that had been igniting the Chitlin' Circuit for years via Little Richard's strained yelps and Chuck Berry's blazing lead guitar.

As time progressed, America's fixation with the nigger has not died. If anything it has swelled to unfathomable levels. Children born in the confines of blue eyed, picket fence suburbia sit indian style, jaws agape, watching the coon of the week grimace and tug on his genitals while extolling the virtues of illicit contraband and casual sex on music television. In due time, the virus spread. Visors were turned upside down. Vanity clothing labels founded by rappers were snatched up by rural youth intent on emulating the monkey business of the urban grotto. Obscenely large chrome rims were fitted on modest Japanese imports. Karma had finally struck the ancestors of slaveholders, hundreds of years later, and it exceeded their wildest fears.

THE WIGGER HAD HATCHED.
[post=356161]Quoted post[/post]​

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Certain hair doesn't look good if you're white. Dreadlocks, afros, fades (and its cousin the Gumby), corn rows, and Jheri curls all come to mind. Okay, Jheri curls don't look good if you're black either. If you ARE white, and you attempt any of these hairstyles, make sure your hair is a dark brown or darker.

I will say that members of the same racial group can have very different hair texture and color, contrary to the stereotype we expect. (There used to be a "You might be a twinkie if . . ." list on alt.native, authored by AN's very own FAQ-keeper. One of them was "If you've ever dyed your hair black to look 'more Indian'." The joke, of course, being that even full-blooded hair ranges from light brown all the way to black, while hair texture varies from straight to curly all the way to the occasionally nappy, but mostly wavy.) Doesn't change the fact that every white boy I've seen with dreadlocks looks stupid, though. Yah, mon.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok,

This is insane. There is no religious or legal reason why we have decided that certain people should wear certain things. As American mixes it up more and more we are going to see all sorts of hair styles, clothing ,etc .that we previously assigned to certain racial ethnic and socioeconomic groups being reinterpreted. IF you feel like wearing corn rows knock yourself out!If I want to wear a bone choker so be it!

Naughty

bigenuf

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by jonb@Oct 30 2005, 01:07 AM
Certain hair doesn't look good if you're white. Dreadlocks, afros, fades (and its cousin the Gumby), corn rows, and Jheri curls all come to mind. Okay, Jheri curls don't look good if you're black either. If you ARE white, and you attempt any of these hairstyles, make sure your hair is a dark brown or darker.

I will say that members of the same racial group can have very different hair texture and color, contrary to the stereotype we expect. (There used to be a "You might be a twinkie if . . ." list on alt.native, authored by AN's very own FAQ-keeper. One of them was "If you've ever dyed your hair black to look 'more Indian'." The joke, of course, being that even full-blooded hair ranges from light brown all the way to black, while hair texture varies from straight to curly all the way to the occasionally nappy, but mostly wavy.) Doesn't change the fact that every white boy I've seen with dreadlocks looks stupid, though. Yah, mon.
[post=356638]Quoted post[/post]​

Great piece of information. I sure the "white boys" appreciate knowing how to avoid looking "stupid".

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by prepstudinsc@Oct 27 2005, 07:07 AM
What looks stupid are the white kids trying to be urban wearing Phat Farm, South Pole, etc., but still looking like 15 year old white boys who just bought the stuff at the mall and waiting for their moms to pick them up in the Dodge minivans. Don't even get me started on the white kids trying to wear bling...that's just plain retarded.
[post=355875]Quoted post[/post]​

I have a lot of Marc Ecko clothing. What do you think of that? :p

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by naughty@Oct 27 2005, 04:04 PM

As for white kids wearing,Sean John, Baby Phat or Phat Farm , just as Tommy Hilfiger and Timberlands were made for everyone , I am sure that the Simmons family is not worried about whether the money came from a black ,brown , yellow, red, or white hand. Hip hop trascends color. It is a lifestyle.

Naughty
[post=356057]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm with you, Naughty. ;)

You can even learn a few things by "crossing over". After I got a pair of Tims a few months ago, I was in a very "urban" clothing store in San Francisco. (They're stereotypically urban too: You can buy fake Phat Farm stuff right next to the real thing. They don't advertise this fact, of course.) Anyway, one of the guys looked at my shoes and said, "Man, those are clean!" Now, mind you, it was a rainy day and I had been walking through mud puddles for hours, so I knew he didn't mean they were "clean" as in "not dirty", but I was pretty sure it was a compliment, so I just said, "Thanks".

(To verify this, check the Urban Dictionary's definition at http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=clean)

I'm glad that a white boy like me can still learn a few new words. :+

Mestisamo

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Pecker+Oct 27 2005, 05:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pecker &#064; Oct 27 2005, 05:50 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-HappyHammer1977@Oct 27 2005, 09:07 AM
White boys with &#39;fros, dreads or anything like that is just wrong&#33; Wrong I tells ya&#33; Wrong&#33;
[post=355844]Quoted post[/post]​

http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1124022737/...ies_To_Be_Black
[post=355860]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Now THAT is about the funniest Damn thing I have ever seen&#33;

I like a Fro on guys like Hyde from "That 70&#39;s show" and I even remember a mexican guy I went to school with that had a jerri curl (he still regrets it to this day when you mention it), but the whole poser thing is VERY anoying. We used to laugh at the scrawny white boys that hung out with the Brothas, and were pretty certain that he was their Bitch.

Fros and Urban wear looks great on a lot of people, don&#39;t hate, appreciate&#33; :dunce:

BTW...do guys that wear their pants low on their ass know that Gay guys dig that?