White Bump (not an STD)

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by sundevil12, Jan 12, 2009.

1. sundevil12

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hey guys, browsed the sight for awhile, figured I'd make the first post :)

I'm 19 and have had these white bumps (one larger than all the others) along the shaft of my penis...they have been there for as long as I can remember, LONG before any sort of sexual activity, so it can't be an STD. My doctor was the same one for about 8 years, but not the kinda guy I felt comfortable talking about...this...with haha.

Anyways, the smaller bumps (sry, its gross I know) pop like pimples when pressed, never on their own, but the bigger one just kinda sits there. I'm sure it's some natural thing, but it's an ugly blemish on my penis that I'd like to not be there anymore if at all possible. Any suggestions would be great, or a direction to another thread where I can find information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Attached Files:

2. Roscoz

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i had this for ages ... it will go red after a while. I put Savlon on it and it was a spot, squeezed it later. Was like that for around 3 weeks though.

3. Roscoz

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    but could also be where your shaving, if you are

4. sundevil12

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    well to be honest, I've never shaved before yesterday when I got bored and decided to try it out...took the pic after lol. It's been like this for much longer than weeks....literally years it's been there

5. CALAMBO

Gold Member

Albums:
    common and normal...try not to pop them..will cause more trouble...pearl bumps...had them all my life....not as large as your photo..appears you shave area...could be razor burn...ease up...but i think you are good to go....

6. Silvertip

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The large lump looks a lot like a subcutaneous cyst, which can develop out of a small pimple or boil. It's probably nothing to worry about but I'd highly recommend that you find a doctor that you ARE comfortable discussing such things with as there shouldn't be any limitation to your ability to be candid with your doctor. For me, I've always been most comfortable with female health care professionals and my last three personal care physicians have all been female. I know a lot of guys would find it harder to discuss such things as their dicks with a gal Dr. than with a guy, but for me it's the opposite.

Good luck regardless.

7. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    Looks like Fordyce's Spots to me. Try googling that or Fordyce's Condition. Very common and harmless.

8. Omega_Sector

Omega_Sector New Member

Yeah, have these myself. Had them checked by a (female) doctor, she told me they are not harmful. Removal options were mainly incision and removal, but would leave a scar on the scrotum or wherever you have them.

As far as I know, they are just a buildup of gunk around the hair follicles. I understand your desire to be rid of them, to the unknowing eye, they can look very suspect.

9. lilbear

lilbear Member

Looks like a small, simple cyst. I have "drained" thousands over the years in my practice. Ask your doctor and if he/she will take the time, the larger can be taken care of in less than a minute.

Draft saved Draft deleted