White Castle sued for violating civil rights of man too fat to fit into booth

B_Marius567

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In what has to be the ultimate irony, a 290-pound New York man is suing the fast food chain White Castle because his wide body is too wide to fit into one of its standard-issue booths.
To add insult to injury the man, Martin Kessman, is citing the Americans with Disabilities Act, which he claims is “applicable, not only to me, but to pregnant women and to handicapped people.” Nice of him to include handicapped people!
he is not handicapped he is fat!!!

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Um Hellooooooo......basic rule fat people don't fit into booths!
This is as stupid as the woman who sued over her "HOT" coffee.........stupid is as stupid does!

Actually, I just watched a documentary on tort reform which had a section on the "hot coffee" lawsuit. Totally changed my view on that subject! The lid wasn't secured properly on her coffee, she wasn't driving and the coffee was about 180 degrees. When it spilled in her lap it left third degree burns - the water was at a holding temperature about 40 degrees hotter than most other fast food restaurants. Anyway, this woman required skin grafts to her inner thighs and genital areas. She hadn't planned to sue - she asked the restaurant to pay her medical costs, which they refused. It was then that she sued. It was the jury who awarded her the millions, when she never collected as the amount was reduced substantially. Anyway that was the gist of the story.

Anyway, the point of the story - there's always more to the story than just what gets reported in the news.:smile: Maybe not in this case, but generally the media likes to crunch things down to convienent sound bites that may or may not be true.