White Castle sued for violating civil rights of man too fat to fit into booth

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_Marius567, Sep 13, 2011.

1. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

In what has to be the ultimate irony, a 290-pound New York man is suing the fast food chain White Castle because his wide body is too wide to fit into one of its standard-issue booths.
    To add insult to injury the man, Martin Kessman, is citing the Americans with Disabilities Act, which he claims is “applicable, not only to me, but to pregnant women and to handicapped people.” Nice of him to include handicapped people!
    he is not handicapped he is fat!!!

2. Curvey_Amazon_OH

Curvey_Amazon_OH New Member

Albums:
    Um Hellooooooo......basic rule fat people don't fit into booths!
    This is as stupid as the woman who sued over her "HOT" coffee.........stupid is as stupid does!

3. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Don't fit in a booth? Use a fucking chair and quit bawing.

4. Krusader

Gold Member

Albums:
    i blame that mcdonald lady who spilled hot coffee on her crotch for starting this kinda trend

5. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Actually, I just watched a documentary on tort reform which had a section on the "hot coffee" lawsuit. Totally changed my view on that subject! The lid wasn't secured properly on her coffee, she wasn't driving and the coffee was about 180 degrees. When it spilled in her lap it left third degree burns - the water was at a holding temperature about 40 degrees hotter than most other fast food restaurants. Anyway, this woman required skin grafts to her inner thighs and genital areas. She hadn't planned to sue - she asked the restaurant to pay her medical costs, which they refused. It was then that she sued. It was the jury who awarded her the millions, when she never collected as the amount was reduced substantially. Anyway that was the gist of the story.

Anyway, the point of the story - there's always more to the story than just what gets reported in the news.:smile: Maybe not in this case, but generally the media likes to crunch things down to convienent sound bites that may or may not be true.

Draft saved Draft deleted