White House has to pull TV ad when Bob Dole Objects!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trinity, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Trinity

Trinity New Member

White House Has Healthcare TV Ad Pulled After Bob Dole Objects

Can there really be bipartisanship if the Democrats refuse to really compromise on their overarching AGENDA?

2. midlifebear

Gold Member

There's no need for bipartisanship when the opposing team is nothing but a bunch of cranky assholes only interested in their own security. However, there is that one Republican -- Gray? Is that his name? The one who has been kicking ass and advertising their names in Congress insisting that the Republican Public Health Platform is "If you get sick, die as fast as you can?" I kind of like that maverick. Giddyup!

3. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't think this is news. You're over reaching all issues Obama. Sounds a little deeper than just politics to me.

#3 ZOS23xy, Oct 12, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  4. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Alan Grayson is a Democrat representing the 8th District of Florida (Orlando). His outspokenness does make him seem awfully not-a-Dem, though.

5. midlifebear

Gold Member

Hmmmm. . . Alan Grayson. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I've caught his act on C-Span a couple of times and found him refreshingly in everyone's face.

As for Bob Dole insisting that Bob Dole doesn't endorse the current health care plan, I wonder if Bob Dole made that fact known in the third person?

6. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    :lmao:

Zing!

7. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
  8. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I'm so glad you're on the side of sanity! :biggrin1:

9. midlifebear

Gold Member

Remember, troops: Freedom requires constant vigilance. That's why God invented the remote control for TV.

10. JTalbain

Gold Member

I find it suitably ironic that you say the Democrats are unwilling to compromise on their agenda, where if you read what Bob Dole actually said in slurper's post you can see quite clearly that Dole was calling out members of his party for opposing the bill due to knee-jerk partisanship. Thus, the REPUBLICANS were unwilling to compromise on THEIR agenda.

They're starting to realize that they're only delaying the inevitable however. And due to the healthcare industry using the same scare tactics that the tobacco companies used to fight cigarette taxes, even the public option has started to gain some support. We're sorry everyone in the nation will soon be able to get healthcare Trinity. I wouldn't mind if you opted out, however. :smile:

11. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
  12. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    and remember, if you don't question and oppose Republicans, then the enemy will win....

13. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

14. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
    I heard Bob Dole on NPR a while ago (early September, I think), and he was out there criticizing the Republicans for being unwilling to compromise. And after reading the article, it doesn't really sound like Dole was criticizing the Democrats for not compromising. It sounded more as if the DNC perhaps took his words a bit out-of-context or implied something with them that he didn't mean. However, I did not see his comments as a critique of the Democrats being unwilling to compromise (which they arent--they're too willing to compromise).

15. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

The current administration reached out their hand for bipartisanship, and instead of working with them the dissenters decided to engage in Tea Parties and trumpet the rhetoric generated from the private insurance companies. Oh, and there's that "birther" thing. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you should have taken the chance to work together when it was presented to you instead of acting like fools? The American people are waiting for some results, and for six months all you could do is talk out of your asses about death panels, funding for abortions and how Pedro the gardener will get health coverage even if he's here illegally. Plus the birther thing which is by far the most dumbest thing I have ever seen generate as an issue in all my life.

Bipartisanship? Maybe on the next bill... right now, all of the dissenters are assed out. Move on without 'em.

16. Northland

Gold Member

17. SR_Blarney_Frank

SR_Blarney_Frank New Member

If you define bipartisanship as 'caving into the minority demands' then... no. And why should there be? You know, that whole deal about how elections have consequences, will of the people and what-not.

18. SR_Blarney_Frank

SR_Blarney_Frank New Member

19. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Indeed: we suffered through eight long years of Republican failures: collapses in the housing and money markets, a terrorist attack and two wars that are still bleeding blood and treasure.

They need a good long sit at the back of the bus.

20. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

that trip at the back of the bus will be short. people are now getting a taste of why republicans rule. the dems are best at bitching not doing.

Draft saved Draft deleted