White powdered donuts are the best. Thing. Ever.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_George Tush, Aug 8, 2011.

1. D_George Tush

D_George Tush New Member

Agree with me!

2. MickeyLee

Gold Member

disagree!!

plastic-chocolate donuts are the best. thing. ever.

concede, now!

3. D_George Tush

D_George Tush New Member

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. No way.

4. mmjr

mmjr Member

Hostess white powdered ones........... oh ya!! (This is a sex site?)

5. zederific

zederific Member

Albums:
    I've always been more partial to cinnamon-powdered doughnuts than to plain old powdered sugar.

Unless it's a chocolate doughnut with powdered sugar...daaaamn.

6. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

Yuck horrid, anything with powdered anything on them puts my teeth on edge really badly.

Someone has to shake the powdered sugar off Lokum for me or I can't even touch it.

7. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

Warm, freshly made raspberry jam filled donuts rolled in caster sugar.

Fuck yeah!

8. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    This. Give me this, or GTFO. Fuck a Dunkin' Donuts sideways.

On my fourth or fifth trip to CA to visit this total wuss I used to like to let come on me, I missed my flight. I was put on a later flight, and arrived jet-lagged out of my mind. I had been up since 6AM in the Bronx, and my body thought it was 6AM again when I arrived in LA at 3. I had never driven an SUV before, and had no idea what a Buick Rendezvous was when the car rental clerk asked if he could upgrade me to one for free. I asked, "If I agree, can I have it right now?" When he nodded, I consented and went off to find my full-size sedan. Except, a Rendezvous is a huge SUV. Damn'.

I climbed into the monstrosity, adjusted the mirrors, and burst into tears. I had only been driving regularly for about 6 months. I was not ready for this. I called my lover, and asked him what he'd rented, and then politely requested through sobs that he come trade with me; I wanted to drive the Dodge Stratus! He refused because my name wasn't on the rental agreement and I wasn't insured. Fair enough, but then he had no idea how to get to his hotel from the airport. Really? What?!

So, I'm lost, exhausted, all over the road in my unwieldy, gas-guzzling blind spot, and since the rental company in Long Beach had no map of Buena Vista, I'm using my non-existent sense of direction to navigate to the hotel, or to my doom, or whatever. I deserve some fucking coffee, dammit!

I finally spot a place that's open and selling coffee. It has no name, just a ghetto sign that reads, "DONUTZ". I don't want to give these language-killers my money, but I don't want to sleep on the 101 or the 5 or the 10 or whatever the heck, either. I go in.

This poor bastard. He is wearing the t-shirt from one chain restaurant, and over it, like a jacket, is the button-down shirt from another theme restaurant. He has on a hat from Starbucks. I ask for coffee and directions to Knott's Berry Farm, which is down the street from my lover's hotel. The guy is really tired, and I ask him if he is allowed to drink the coffee for free. He's not, so I buy him a cup. I drink my coffee, dreading the car, and chat the clerk up. He's working four jobs to send money to Mexico for his family. The very idea makes me feel more awake, but I buy a second cup of joe.

At this point, my lover calls. He's not too much of a loser to worry and wonder why it has taken me over an hour to still not get to Buena Vista from LB, he's just too much of a loser to come and get me. Or give me directions. He asks for a bear claw, which I order. I decide to order a jelly doughnut. The overworked guy smiles and tells me I'm in luck; they're still warm, but the jelly should be cool enough to eat.

God, in retrospect? My lover was such a douche, and we broke up on that vacation. The doughnut guy smelled of strong coffee, mesquite smoke, and bar-be-cue sauce. I should have fucked him instead. I bet I could have gotten him to be down with my semen fetish.

Anyway. I can't eat shitty doughnuts anymore. Mysterious, overworked DONUTZ guy has ruined me. I can barely eat Krispy Kreme these days.

9. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Sorry I'm too spoiled by homemade to eat store bought doughnuts.

Home made Doughnuts

You will need....

2 (.25 ounce) envelopes active dry yeast
    1/4 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees)
    1 1/2 cups lukewarm milk
    1/2 cup white sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 eggs
    1/3 cup shortening
    5 cups all-purpose flour
    1 quart vegetable oil for frying

1/3 cup butter
    2 cups confectioners' sugar
    1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
    4 tablespoons hot water or as needed
    Directions

Sprinkle the yeast over the warm water, and let stand for 5 minutes, or until foamy.
    In a large bowl, mix together the yeast mixture, milk, sugar, salt, eggs, shortening, and 2 cups of the flour. Mix for a few minutes at low speed, or stirring with a wooden spoon. Beat in remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough no longer sticks to the bowl. Knead for about 5 minutes, or until smooth and elastic. Place the dough into a greased bowl, and cover. Set in a warm place to rise until double. Dough is ready if you touch it, and the indention remains.
    Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, and gently roll out to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with a floured doughnut cutter. Let doughnuts sit out to rise again until double. Cover loosely with a cloth.
    Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Remove from heat, and stir in hot water one tablespoon at a time until the icing is somewhat thin, but not watery. Set aside.
    Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large heavy skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Slide doughnuts into the hot oil using a wide spatula. Turn doughnuts over as they rise to the surface. Fry doughnuts on each side until golden brown. Remove from hot oil, to drain on a wire rack. Dip doughnuts into the glaze while still hot, and set onto wire racks to drain off excess. Keep a cookie sheet or tray under racks for easier clean up.

10. mista geechee

Gold Member

Albums:
    ...........haha I scrolled down a little too fast and thought it said " white power donuts "

11. Hoss

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not really. They are rather annoying, the sugar is dry and can create coughing which blows sugar off the donut and onto dark materials making a mess.

12. MickeyLee

Gold Member

beinnet with spice honey drizzle and cup of coffee&chicory

a lil bit of nomnom heaven

13. D_Elvetta Boombooms

D_Elvetta Boombooms New Member

mmmm right now I have a chocolate mocha cappuccino and a fudge brownie square. I think this beats powdered donuts any day!

14. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    just a plain old fashion works for me...although the chocolate variety is beautiful too

15. luka82

Gold Member

My mamma makes the best donuts EVER!
    But Serbian donuts don`t have a hole in them.
    They are fluffy so you can fill them with jam or nutella or anything you like;)

16. D_Quartered Pounder

D_Quartered Pounder New Member

Are we talking those ones from like Hostess? Those are pretttttty damn good, but the I'll have to go with ML, the chocolate ones are a tad better than the powdered. Better to make your own though! Mmmmm homemade Boston cream pie - so good!

I shouldn't have opened this thread, now I got donuts, brownies, and for some reason cookies on my mind now....

17. fratpack

Gold Member

Albums:
    on some days the only thing thats hits my sweet spot is an old fashioned powered donut filled with raspberry jam or cream filled.
    Dont give me krispy kreme, give me a freshly made donut from the DonutMan here in nyc......nirvana!

18. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

Donuts make them want to interact with a hole.

19. redz_rule

Gold Member

Ooooh, Nutella? Really? That sounds gooooood.... *drool*

20. MickeyLee

Gold Member

*chocolate sticky high-five*

Draft saved Draft deleted