White Privilege

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not for lack of trying, though...

I think that is because it is fraught with so many landmines. Race hits people where they live. Because it has been used as the basis for so many highly charged issues that have affected the lives of so many for so long it cant help but be highly incindiary. But then if we listened to the old adage about discussing religion and politics , we wouldnt even be having this discussion.

hairyman101

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
heres a thought: no matter what color a man is...black...white....red...etc
when he cums...........it is WHITE!!! think about it.

stratedude

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I wonder what your opinion will become if you knew that the person who made that speech is white? TIMWISE.ORG

And what's so unhealthy of calling something what it is? There's a HUGE double standard in this country and everyone knows it. That's essentially what the article is about. That is, if you can look past the concept of color in which you clearly CANNOT. But thanks for sharing with us your true feelings, as always. :rolleyes:
This just tells me that you are further from getting it than I thought. It doesn't matter what color the author is. Thanks for this response, because now I know you are one of those racist idiots that say things like "how can he be racist, he's black!" and believe in phrases like "reverse racism". Think about it - it doesn't matter that the author is white.

stratedude

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Trust me, I know what you're trying to say. But the root of the problem isn't really "white privilege". It's a struggle between those who have the wealth (and want more of it) and those who don't have anything. A "privilege" nonetheless, but not just limited to a single color.
It's clear that you don't know how things work in this world. Rich people are rich for a reason - and poor people are poor for a reason. You are WAY off the mark as to why. You seem to think that the rich have the same attitude towards the poor as the poor do towards the rich, and that there is some epic battle going on between them. Yes many poor people are jealous and hate the rich and would do anything in their limited power to bring them down. But they only want to bring them down to make themselves feel better. Poor people seem to think that rich people hate them as well because why else would they be so selfish with their money? They must be trying to keep them down, right? Wrong!

You stated that the rich don't give a damn about the poor. That is very true but you stated that they are trying to hide that fact because they know that if all the poor communities discovered that fact, they would come after them for their "injustice" (whatever that means), they would have a fight that they couldn't win.

That is a total silly conspiracy nutjob theory.

OK, I'll concede that politicians care about what their voters think of them, and if they really don't care about the poor, that they would want to keep that a secret. But not because they are worried about people charging up the hill with pitch forks and torches.

But 'rich politicians' only make up a miniscule fraction of a percentage of all rich people. The truth is that there are things called laws, police, and most importantly, enough intelligent clear thinking people to keep that from ever happening.

The root of the problem is that most poor people are poor because they have the wrong attitude, and they refuse to change it. They think that rich people are simply lucky and that they achieved their riches easily or to the detriment of others. They sit on their asses and wonder when their luck will strike. They hate their boss at work even though that boss started at the lowest rung of the ladder and busted his ass in the trenches for decades to get where he is. But the poor worker doesn't see that. They only see the fruit, not the labor. And they wonder where their fruit is.

Some poor people refuse to accept the power of networking. They see a boss befriend a certain guy at work, next thing you know he is the one they promote. All the poor people call him a "suck-up." They say they will never stoop to that level. Most likely it is because they have a deep rooted hatred for those people because they are "rich". Instead, the poor befriend people that are as poor or poorer than they are. It makes them feel better about themselves. It makes them feel powerful. What they end up with is a horrible network of people with no credibility. You can't count on any of them to do anything. Some of them will fuck you over the first chance they get, or at the very least take advantage of you whenever they can.

You can always tell when a poor person is going somewhere when they ditch all their loser friends. They call him a "sell-out."
I call it "Giving yourself a promotion."

To summarize - you don't need to start out in life rich to make it. You don't need to be white, and you don't need to have rich parents or be lucky. You need to learn the REAL reason rich people are rich, and don't listen to the loser poor people that blame the rich or the white man for keeping us down. Start building a network of people of GOOD character, that you can count on. And do it early. Be a person THEY can count on. You need credibility. You need to do things for them so that they owe you. Good friends that do the right things can be very powerful in times of need. You don't get these things when you have poor friends or are a douchbag yourself. Recognize the opportunities and pounce on them.

I wish I learned this stuff growing up.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This just tells me that you are further from getting it than I thought. It doesn't matter what color the author is. Thanks for this response, because now I know you are one of those racist idiots that say things like "how can he be racist, he's black!" and believe in phrases like "reverse racism". Think about it - it doesn't matter that the author is white.

Now THAT'S a laugh riot! Someone will have to go tell my caucasion, Italian BF I've been living with the last 5+ years that I'm a racist. Maybe my caucasion, Irish ex of 4+ years, whom I'm still good friends with, will agree with you? LOL!! :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

Dude, shut the $^&I% up. If you've actually read my original post, instead of taking the opportunity of vocalizing your own demons regarding race, you'd see that I told people to take color out of the equation. The fact is, you can replace the word "white" in that speech and make it about the REAL issue about the divide in this country, which is based on the rich and the poor, and the statement keeps its relevance. The real concept of privilege belongs to the rich. It's NOT a white thing even if it seems as if white males have all the advantages.

If anything, the author is able to see the bullshit of the racial argument. He doesn't ignore the existence of racism (you being the PERFECT example), but he knows its origin and how it's used by shady, manipulative people with an agenda to suppress easily swayed individuals. By making any valid argument into a race issue, it usually turns it into a pointless debate where neither party can come to terms. What Tim Rise does is not "reverse racism" as you're trying to link me to. It's a form of self reflection, realizing the problems that exist within people who are just like him. Same thing goes for people like Aaron McGruder and the struggles he has within the black community with "The Boondocks".

Face it, son... you embarrassed yourself on this board. And now that people can see you for the ass that you are, you're now trying to dodge the issue by trying to make me look like the culprit. You're not the victim here... far from it. Don't get mad at the speech writer or myself. Get mad at yourself for being such an ignorant fuck. You may want to think twice in engaging into a debate of race with a gay, black man who was bussed all through grade school to suburbia where he's been the only black person in a classroom full of caucasions. Trust me when I say I know the difference... you, my friend, don't know shit.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
They sit on their asses and wonder when their luck will strike.

Stratedude: Just when I think you can't be any more stupidly offensive, you manage to outdo yourself.

If "most" poor people did nothing but sat on their asses, your grocery store shelves would be empty, your trash would be piling up outside your house, your gas stations would be shuttered closed, and your roads would never get fixed.

You could not survive a week in this country if it weren't for poor people, you spoiled, bigoted dick.

stratedude

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Stratedude: Just when I think you can't be any more stupidly offensive, you manage to outdo yourself.

If "most" poor people did nothing but sat on their asses, your grocery store shelves would be empty, your trash would be piling up outside your house, your gas stations would be shuttered closed, and your roads would never get fixed.

You could not survive a week in this country if it weren't for poor people, you spoiled, bigoted dick.
If it were my job to teach you what you need to be rich, then I would apologize for insulting you, and try to word it in a less offensive way. But it is not, so you can continue to be poor while those that viewed my post as a wake up call thank me.

stratedude

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
...bigoted dick.
I don't know where your words come from. I think you like to throw out the usual adjectives that all liberals repeat as if they were manufactured at the same toy facory with a pull-string on their back. Why not have a civilized debate instead of replying to my posts with ridiculous personal attacks or what I like to call "the concession of defeat" when you do nothing more than point out a spelling error. Grow up. I thought you guys like to think of yourselves as "progressive?" Then how do you guys always seem to drag the conversation back to the stone age?

stratedude

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You've jumped to the conclusion that someone defending poor people must be poor himself. Still a bigot.
Read my lips: You are either poor or you are perpetuating the plight of the poor with your knee jerk reaction. If you ever bothered to read a book on the subject, you would see that everything I wrote in that post is supported by DOZENS of books written by some of the richest people that have ever lived. Don't be so foolish.

stratedude

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So, when you called me a "racist idiot", you meant that as a term of endearment? :rolleyes:
I enjoy a spirited debate with you Vinyl because your posts have substance. But mindseye frequently has little or nothing but personal attacks or gets lost on the points.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
everything I wrote in that post is supported by DOZENS of books written by some of the richest people that have ever lived.

So, um, dozens of books written from only one perspective? Yeah, I'm sure it's possible to find "dozens" of rich people willing to parrot the stereotype that poor people do nothing but "sit on their asses".

Find me dozens of books written by wise, educated, well-researched people instead.

you'd see that I told people to take color out of the equation[/i][/b]. The fact is, you can replace the word "white" in that speech and make it about the REAL issue about the divide in this country, which is based on the rich and the poor, and the statement keeps its relevance. The real concept of privilege belongs to the rich.

Then don't title your post "White Privilege". That is an offensive title, which is, according to you, not even the idea of your post. I saw it on the latest threads and thought to myself, "Oh, here's another person attacking white people." [click] "Let's see what further offensive racism this person has to promote in the thread." If it is not about race but instead about class privilege then title the thing that way.

I'll argue that there are several double standards, race privileges, and class privileges in America and throughout the world. Sure there exists a white privilege in some cases, but there also exists a very significant minority privilege. You are enjoying part of that minority privilege just in making your post. It is widely acceptable to post a speech such as yours attacking white people. Try posting a speech attacking any other race. You'd easily be in danger of being banned from the site if you replace white with black in your original post. But you and anyone else that feels like it can publicly attack the entire white race anytime you feel like it and in any venue you desire. Every news network on TV keeps reminding us that whites are evil racists reporting stories of how a portion of whites will not vote for Obama. But why do they forget that an even larger proportion of blacks will not vote for McCain? A few years ago a college professor named Kambon gave a speech in a university facility broadcasting the event on C-SPAN in which he called for the extermination of all white people. Was there horror and revolt? No! He was applauded and later only minimally reprimanded! Where's the white privilege? How do you and all these people get away with this anti-white speech in this white privilege world? The white privilege police should be here to strike you down at any moment, right?

Here's another one. A few years ago the US had a presidential election in which one candidate had a history of brief experimental marijuana use. This candidate's drug use was raised as a serious character flaw during the campaign. However the candidate was able to overcome that flaw by claiming that he did not actually inhale the marijuana. Now, a few years later, in this current election we have another candidate with a history of drug use. But this time the candidate doesn't try to hide it. This candidate openly admits, that of course he used marijuana regularly over a short period of his life. And on top of that, he used another much more sinister drug. This guy openly admits to using cocaine; a drug for which any quantity is a felony to possess in the US. This candidate openly admits that he used a horrible, foolish, destructive, and illegal drug more than once in his life. But, this fact is not even a minor issue in this election. The US flipped over one candidate claiming he pretended to use marijuana, but they don't care if the current candidate used marijuana or cocaine all he wanted.

So, in your white privilege world, can you predict the identified race of these two candidates? One is identified as white and one is identified as black. Which one was haggled for his minor drug use and which has had his severe drug use forgiven and even praised as honest? Well, your white privilege theory fails in this case. Here the black candidate was given a huge public forgiveness while the white candidate was oppressed for similar but less severe behavior.

People are attracted to people who look and behave like them. White people are more likely to vote for white people and black people are more likely to vote for black people. That is a fact of social psychology. Yet, only white people are labeled as racist for such actions. People can be cruel to other people. No matter how you try to spin the behaviors of different races, these are the natures of all people and all races. Don't single out whites and pretend like whites are the only ones with flaws. I think that happens because whites are currently at the top of US society. As whites gradually fade from the top position in the US, we will be able to realize that other races have similar flaws and are equally as unjust, ignorant of civil rights, and racist. To say that one race is racist is in and of itself racist.

Last edited by a moderator:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Then don't title your post "White Privilege". That is an offensive title, which is, according to you, not even the idea of your post. I saw it on the latest threads and thought to myself, "Oh, here's another person attacking white people." [click] "Let's see what further offensive racism this person has to promote in the thread." If it is not about race but instead about class privilege then title the damn thing that way.

Take that up with Tim Wise, the person who wrote the piece. That was the title he gave to it. Not me.

I'll argue that there are several double standards, race privileges, and class privileges in America and throughout the world. Sure there exists a white privilege in some cases, but there also exists a very significant minority privilege. You are enjoying part of that minority privilege just in making your post.

And what may that be? Last time I checked, the freedom of speech wasn't reserved just for minorities.

It is widely acceptable to post a speech such as yours attacking white people.

Again, I didn't write the speech. This was a copy/paste from a website of a well known anti-racist writer & speaker. If you really listen to what the author of this piece is saying, you'll see that his main arguments go much further than race. Alas, you're also missing the point because all you see is color.

Try posting a speech attacking any other race. You'd easily be in danger of being banned from the site if you replace white with black in your original post.

It's been done on various levels, and from what I can tell stratedude has yet to be banned. :rolleyes:

But you and anyone else that feels like it can publicly attack the entire white race anytime you feel like it. Every news network on TV keeps reminding us that whites are evil racists.

I'm not attacking any particular race. All I did was a copy/paste of a speech that I found interesting, and told people to try and take out the concept of race. And if you honestly think that all television portrays caucasions as evil, then you need to stop watching BET.

People like people who are more like them. White people are more likely to vote for white people and black people are more likely to vote for black people. Yet, only white people are labeled as racist for such actions.

Perhaps I'm a little too optimistic about that, but I don't think that's true of most people. There's more white people than black in America, so if Obama wins in November then it's apparent that people are overwhelmingly voting on other things besides race. If anything, I'm not voting for Obama because he's black. Case in point, I wanted Hillary to have the Democratic nomination.

Don't single out whites and pretend like whites are the only ones with flaws.

When you look at the REAL issue, which is about the rich against the poor, it's much easier to see those flaws.

I think that happens because whites are currently at the top of US society.

Ummmmmm... nevermind. :rolleyes:

As whites gradually fade from the top position in the US

There will never be a day when the top positions will not contain white people. They make up about 60% of our nation racial demographic so it's not as if we're going to wake up one day and see that everyone with the money and the power in this country is Latino. If anything, let's hope that it gets more integrated up there. And populated.

we will be able to realize that other races have similar flaws and are equally as unjust, ignorant of civil rights, and racist.

There are people who can see that now. It's not as if the rich and wealthy are just white. The problem is, how do we get others who put the color of their skin over their economic value to see it?

Last edited:

stratedude

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So, um, dozens of books written from only one perspective?
You just don't get it. First off - NO, not one perspective. Many authors of these books were either at the bottom or were basing their book on people they knew very well at the bottom. Ever heard the book, Rich Dad Poor Dad?
Yeah, I'm sure it's possible to find "dozens" of rich people willing to parrot the stereotype that poor people do nothing but "sit on their asses".
No, those were MY words. The authors wouldn't literally say that the poor people were sitting on their asses, but rather they would get the same message across by describing all the things that rich people do that poor people don't. Same thing if you ask me - just a much less harsh way of saying it.

Find me dozens of books written by wise, educated, well-researched people instead.
Ummm...you REALLY don't get it, do you?
They are wise, educated, and most of all well researched. Why don't you learn about how Napoleon Hill wrote his book, "Think and Grow Rich". I don't think there has ever been a better researched book in this category. It is based on the lives of a bunch of some of the the wisest people in history. Many of these truely rich people started with nothing. Nobody gave it to them. And they never once dwelled on the possibility that other rich people were just holding them back. They didn't blame anyone but themselves if they failed. They took responsibility.

I hope somebody is learning something here...

stratedude

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm learning that conservatives are obsessed with money.
Poor people are obsessed with money. Rich people understand that money is just a consequence of success and achievement. Success doesn't have to be reserved for the winners of the rat race. Everyone can achieve success in his or her own field of expertise. For example: a janitor invents a new mop - makes millions...

It's just an attitude about money that separates the rich from poor.