Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't know which I find more despicably TELLING of you, bud. Your penchant for denying and refusing to accept study after study disclosing racial disparities, or (like your cohorts) your tendency to DRUM up whatever odd black person you can find to lend validity to such bullshit.

What was it? Studies revealing racial disparity in medical treatment couldn't be true, because that'd be a major scandal if it were?? Must be the fault of black patients, I think you suggested? Or the study revealing how voter registration laws helped Republicans and hurt minority voters... you'd like to see the "whys" I think you said??

But before you reply with that same old song and dance about how I typically resort to ad hominem attacks rather than debating the point, here it is:

The POINT is that, in spite of the undoubtedly ESTEEMED and well informed opinion of some Raven f***ng Symone (at LEAST get her name right) as to whether she'd hire someone with what she called a "ghetto sounding name," (and since YOU brought her up, let's get this *******'s EXACT quote: “I’m not about to hire you if your name is Watermelondrea.”)

the findings of the study in question cannot be so easily dismissed, in that the researchers sent some 5,000 applications for jobs from "a large spectrum of job quality", and applications bearing names that more likely than not belonged to African American applicants received LESS callbacks, and in SPITE of the apparent qualifications of the applicant.

In short, the applicants were PREJUDGED and DISMISSED based upon their NAMES, names typically associated with black people.

Just as you in turn totally ignored the second study I posted... the one that found black applicants were being turned away from jobs simply because employers ASSUMED they did drugs.

Or perhaps you have an explanation for THAT. Or the revelation that WHEN tested white applicants were found more likely to FAIL, something ELSE bigots or deniers of preference are inclined to DISMISS.

As for which of the two are YOU I'm not inclined to SAY, though judging from that rather CRASS bit of S**** you wrote about an LGBT employee "on display to show how far we've come", and that other bit of snarky bullshit about "disingenuous politically correct behavior" and how changing your name to Jamal would no doubt get you that promotion, I THINK I have a pretty damned good IDEA.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ack-sounding-name_us_56180810e4b0e66ad4c7d3eb

My apologies to Raven Symone for autocorrect mis-spelling her name.

But to you, BS, I suggest you complain to Huffington Post for getting the quote wrong, quoting her as saying a "black name" when it was a "ghetto sounding name." I guess Huffington Post needs to hire you as an editor.

I await your apology, thank you very much. ;)

As for ignoring your study on black applicants being turned away because employers assumed they did drugs. I can't comment, hence my silence, since the state I work in has drug testing for all applicants. Maybe that's the way to go, to avoid any discriminatory issues. Treat everyone the same. Remove any doubts. Sort of like. . . . . .voter registration cards for everyone?

And on my post about "LGBT." I guess my facetiousness was once again lost on you (seems liberals have absolutely no sense of humor these days - always so angry). It was less about the lesbians as it was about showcasing how politically correct we are. I actually feel for her as I believe, and many others in my office, many liberals I will add, that she's there, out front, so to speak, for a specific purpose. Call us bigots, or whatever name you can pull out of your bag of tricks. How about hiring this young lady as an analyst instead? Now THAT would be ballsy!

What were we talking about? Oh yeah, white privilege.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Wouldn't hold my breath for any apologies if I were you.

Maybe the employee you (and others, according to you) so denigrated as to suggest she's there for show, is REALLY there because she's QUALIFIED for the job, just like those "Jamals" in your firm who, according to YOU, have gotten promotions for something OTHER than having EARNED it (though I'd suspect there aren't many).

And I'd expect even YOU might understand how a person such as Ms. Symone, who uses terms like "Watermelondrea" just MIGHT not be playing with a full deck, MIGHT have issues of her own, or in the LEAST, is hardly qualified as an authority on the subject.

But nice dodge anyway on the second study. Well, really NOT. Whether your state does or doesn't do drug testing for job applicants has absolutely NOTHING to do with your inability/UNWILLINGNESS to accept its findings.

Btw, you can forget that dig at voter registration too. We ALL know why the GOOOP is engaged in voter reg...... correction.... SUPPRESSION.

Last edited:

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Maybe the employee you (and others, according to you) so denigrated as to suggest she's there for show, is REALLY there because she's QUALIFIED for the job, just like those "Jamals" in your firm who, according to YOU, have gotten promotions for something OTHER than having EARNED it (though I'd suspect there aren't many).

And I'd expect even YOU might understand how a person such as Ms. Symone, who uses terms like "Watermelondrea" just MIGHT not be playing with a full deck, MIGHT have issues of her own, or in the LEAST, is hardly qualified as an authority on the subject.

But nice dodge anyway on the second study. Well, really NOT. Whether your state does or doesn't do drug testing for job applicants has absolutely NOTHING to do with your inability/UNWILLINGNESS to accept its findings.

Btw, you can forget that dig at voter registration too. We ALL know why the GOOOP is engaged in voter reg...... correction.... SUPPRESSION.
Isn't it funny that they always seem to like joking about LGBT and minorities but tell a joke about a white guy and they'll lose it. They were probably the ones who bought the "Truly Tasteless Jokes" books.
They'll never accept that anyone they don't consider worthy is qualified. There always has to be some excuse as to why someone else got something they wanted.

D

deleted15807

They'll never accept that anyone they don't consider worthy is qualified. There always has to be some excuse as to why someone else got something they wanted.

Hence Sarah Palin's repeated references to Obama as just a 'community organizer' from the country's biggest dingbat to ever hit the world stage.

Out in the Right Wing Outer Limits which obviously is where Jjz gets his "news" and in that world when minorities adopt and parrot their bigoted myopic views they are heros for dropping the PC and telling it like it is. Those are the minorities they love and quote. And hire to be on Fox News "roundtables" of lies and disinformation.

Jjz1109

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Well, I honestly didn't expect an apology from you, or your little team of sheep in the peanut gallery. Integrity just isn't in any of your genetic makeup. But I have the satisfaction of a link (from Huffington Post, no less!) with the headlines proving you were wrong. But misquotes, twists, paraphrases, and spins, (lies?) are right up you alley anyway. And nice dodge on that.

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hence Sarah Palin's repeated references to Obama as just a 'community organizer' from the country's biggest dingbat to ever hit the world stage.

Out in the Right Wing Outer Limits which obviously is where Jjz gets his "news" and in that world when minorities adopt and parrot their bigoted myopic views they are heros for dropping the PC and telling it like it is. Those are the minorities they love and quote. And hire to be on Fox News "roundtables" of lies and disinformation.
Those same minority "tokens" are then held as up as examples we should all listen to because "they have personal experience" but all the others who have "personal experiences" are to be ignored by those right wingers. In their world you either agree or be considered part of the problem.

Reactions: deleted15807

temptotalk

Legendary Member
Media
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ack-sounding-name_us_56180810e4b0e66ad4c7d3eb

My apologies to Raven Symone for autocorrect mis-spelling her name.

But to you, BS, I suggest you complain to Huffington Post for getting the quote wrong, quoting her as saying a "black name" when it was a "ghetto sounding name." I guess Huffington Post needs to hire you as an editor.

I await your apology, thank you very much. ;)

As for ignoring your study on black applicants being turned away because employers assumed they did drugs. I can't comment, hence my silence, since the state I work in has drug testing for all applicants. Maybe that's the way to go, to avoid any discriminatory issues. Treat everyone the same. Remove any doubts. Sort of like. . . . . .voter registration cards for everyone?

And on my post about "LGBT." I guess my facetiousness was once again lost on you (seems liberals have absolutely no sense of humor these days - always so angry). It was less about the lesbians as it was about showcasing how politically correct we are. I actually feel for her as I believe, and many others in my office, many liberals I will add, that she's there, out front, so to speak, for a specific purpose. Call us bigots, or whatever name you can pull out of your bag of tricks. How about hiring this young lady as an analyst instead? Now THAT would be ballsy!

What were we talking about? Oh yeah, white privilege.

I'm wondering. Did you just blacks behaving badly again? Could you not find someone white doing the same thing? Just a random curiousity here but how come all of your "this person is not doing something right" examples.....always....and i mean always.....include someone black? Just curious.

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm wondering. Did you just blacks behaving badly again? Could you not find someone white doing the same thing? Just a random curiousity here but how come all of your "this person is not doing something right" examples.....always....and i mean always.....include someone black? Just curious.
Apple...Kyd...Destry....Pilot Inspekter....Sage Moonblood....Fifi Trixibelle....Kal-El

Just a few of the names given to the kids of white celebrities.

All names unusual but if they all grow up to be intelligent and highly skilled is the fault in judging them negatively on them or the one doing the judging?

Reactions: temptotalk

temptotalk

Legendary Member
Media
Apple...Kyd...Destry....Pilot Inspekter....Sage Moonblood....Fifi Trixibelle....Kal-El

All names unusual but if they all grow up to be intelligent and highly skilled is the fault in judging them negatively on them or the one doing the judging?

Yeah the only time i could say it's more complicated then that is when...

Parents who named their children Adolf Hitler and Aryan Nation will not get them back, judge rules

Which is kind of funny because the above is the extreme,i'm guessing the names you presented would get looked at funny but would still be better generally speaking than "ghetto" names.

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah the only time i could say it's more complicated then that is when...

Parents who named their children Adolf Hitler and Aryan Nation will not get them back, judge rules

Which is kind of funny because the above is the extreme,i'm guessing the names you presented would get looked at funny but would still be better generally speaking than "ghetto" names.
At one of my former jobs I had several conversations with someone from a different company. Months later I accompanied my boss to a meeting and was introduced to the person with whom I had been speaking. He was surprised. Judging from the way I spoke to him he expected a white guy, probably blonde, from an upper class background because my manner was very proper. The same could be said of my written work. If I were to apply for a position and my resume was above reproach would, or should it matter, if my name were Jamal or James? If Apple has the same or better qualifications as Alice should she be penalized? Is it fair for someone else to judge her despite not knowing anything other than what she looks like?

temptotalk

Legendary Member
Media
Oh and before i forget white privilege isn't just a 100% across the board thing. I'll repeat this for those who still don't fully understand. It has levels to it. One white person won't be as privlieged all the time everywhere as another. The way i see it the white privilege latter goes as follows. With a little variation here and there.

Straight white males of a certain age with a certain amount of financial maneuverability.

Straight white males of a certain age with a certain amount of financial maneuverability and religious standing.

(religious standing = Either being apart of or making it seem as if they are apart of)

Straight white males of a certain lower age with a certain amount of financial maneuverability and religious standing.

Straight white males of a certain lower age with a certain amount of financial maneuverability and less of a religious standing.

Straight white males of a certain age with an average amount of financial maneuverability and another kind of authoritative standing (Politician, judge, etc).

Straight white males of a certain lower age with less amount of financial maneuverability and religious standing.

[Possible varitions of the above]

Non-Straight white males....etc

Straight white women...so on and so forth.

At one of my former jobs I had several conversations with someone from a different company. Months later I accompanied my boss to a meeting and was introduced to the person with whom I had been speaking. He was surprised. Judging from the way I spoke to him he expected a white guy, probably blonde, from an upper class background because my manner was very proper. The same could be said of my written work. If I were to apply for a position and my resume was above reproach would, or should it matter, if my name were Jamal or James? If Apple has the same or better qualifications as Alice should she be penalized? Is it fair for someone else to judge her despite not knowing anything other than what she looks like?

Tots not cool. Not even a little but thats why Jjz1109 presented what he did with that specific person. He's blacksbehavingbadly again. For him to present someone white doing the same thing it would show that this thread is valid.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Well, I honestly didn't expect an apology from you, or your little team of sheep in the peanut gallery. Integrity just isn't in any of your genetic makeup. But I have the satisfaction of a link (from Huffington Post, no less!) with the headlines proving you were wrong. But misquotes, twists, paraphrases, and spins, (lies?) are right up you alley anyway. And nice dodge on that.

Has NOTHING to do with "integrity" bud. Astounding that someone like you can even UTTER the word, though understandable that you'd want to focus on trivialities like whether the Huff got their facts right, wrong, or WHATEVER, NONE of which is GERMANE to the issue.

Bottom line, YOU referenced THE OPINION of ONE black t.v. show flash-in-the-pan entity for the purposes of calling into question a carefully conducted STUDY, just so you could UNDERMINE evidence of white privilege.

Integrity?? Hah. Go look that up when you get the chance.

Reactions: deleted15807

Jjz1109

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Irrelevent. Celebrities have privileges the rest of us don't. They don't deal with the same ramifications, whether it's a chosen name, or an action, or behavior. Bad example.

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Irrelevent. Celebrities have privileges the rest of us don't. They don't deal with the same ramifications, whether it's a chosen name, or an action, or behavior. Bad example.
Why am I not surprised that you chose to ignore the question. Once again I ask, does an unusual name cancel out a person's qualities? Is a Watermelondrea, who has an IQ of 170 and multiple degrees less of a person and to be valued less than a Diana, who has an IQ of 115 and a high school dropout? Does the fault lie in the one judging on nothing but superficial matters such as a name or appearance?

Jjz1109

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Why am I not surprised that you chose to ignore the question. Once again I ask, does an unusual name cancel out a person's qualities? Is a Watermelondrea, who has an IQ of 170 and multiple degrees less of a person and to be valued less than a Diana, who has an IQ of 115 and a high school dropout? Does the fault lie in the one judging on nothing but superficial matters such as a name or appearance?

As best as I can tell your post highlighted the unusual names chosen by white celebrities (not sure why you singled out white celebrities) for their children, but I don't see watermelondrea mentioned there at any time. The intelligence reference was secondary and I pointed out that names, or even intelligence for that matter, are less consequential to that slice of society. The celebrity status privilege (for all races), will get them through life, assuming they successfully manage their wealth.

So to your new question, no, a name does not disqualify a person's qualifications. It was Raven Symone who was judging here about the names. I pointed out that certain names (and appearence) could actually help today. Take that broomstick out of you ass, it's hurting you brain.

temptotalk

Legendary Member
Media

Thats still not actually true. Some celebs can do things others cannot. And since i'm feeling goofy today i'll offer a semi funny example as a question. How many african american actors can be in a partly realistic time travel movie and it NOT turn into 12 years a slave. :p

Jjz1109

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
How many can dance around a football field in front of 100 million+ viewers, while in paramilitary garb, while holding the NFL by the cajones? Now that's privilege. :p:p

Loved the promo for her tour immediately following the "performance." God bless capitalism.

temptotalk

Legendary Member
Media
How many can dance around a football field in front of 100 million+ viewers, while in paramilitary garb, while holding the NFL by the cajones? Now that's privilege. :p:p

Loved the promo for her tour immediately following the "performance." God bless capitalism.

How many can talk about killing innocent people, talk about shooting people in the face, building a wall, locking all muslims out of the country, talk about banging his daughter, make fun of a handicapped person, treat women like shit just because they asked him important questions ANNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDD not get one behaving badly mention by you specifically?

Thats right. A white guy. :D lol Holding the nfl by the cajones? lol Did she not get paid for that? Did they not ask her to be there cause she made them money? Meanwhile...how many times have you not criticized donald "cut their heads off" trump? Ha!

Yeah the second you are in any way shape or form fair across all races then i'll respect your opinion. Until then excuse me while i laugh my ass off. :D

You just made she makes more money. lol

Reactions: b.c.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
How many can talk about killing innocent people, talk about shooting people in the face, building a wall, locking all muslims out of the country, talk about banging his daughter, make fun of a handicapped person, treat women like shit just because they asked him important questions ANNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDD not get one behaving badly mention by you specifically?

Thats right. A white guy. :D lol Holding the nfl by the cajones? lol Did she not get paid for that? Did they not ask her to be there cause she made them money? Meanwhile...how many times have you not criticized donald "cut their heads off" trump? Ha!

Yeah the second you are in any way shape or form fair across all races then i'll respect your opinion. Until then excuse me while i laugh my ass off. :D

You just made she makes more money. lol

DITTO!

(Then again, maybe if he changed his name to Beyonce... ):p