Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Did you say anithing of importance? I'll play your game and instead do as conservatives always do and evade the point and instead continue pushing a point already discredited. From global warming to the war on drugs to tax cuts grow the economy. It's tough being wrong on virtually everything and then pushing the blame on someone else.

Lol. I hope you see the irony in your accusing me of pushing the blame on someone else, as we debate this is a thread entitled "White Privledge." Hypocritical.

Reactions: Mercurygirl

temptotalk

Legendary Member
Media
Lol. I hope you see the irony in your accusing me of pushing the blame on someone else, as we debate this is a thread entitled "White Privledge." Hypocritical.

Ok you just.....wow. lol You are a complete and utter mind fuck. So i guess white privilege is just a made up thing now to blame other people for problems that don't exist? Where the hell did you go to school?

Reactions: b.c.
D

deleted15807

With every post deeper into the hole you go. Study after study proves the advantages the majority hold on whatever minority you care to name from race to weight to sex to religion to etc etc etc. but of tantamount importance to those in power is to deny its advantage which of course is why you're here.

Reactions: b.c.

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Perhaps. But he is successful today because of his hard work and positive attitude. I don't know what challenges he has experienced, other than losing his mother at a young age, but he has not allowed himself to become derailed from achieving his goals of getting an education, creating a great career, and finding the right person to share it with.
Yes, but how do you know that some of the others who were stopped weren't good? How many times have you read or heard that some f those stopped were just going about their business? They were stopped not because they were up to something but because of the color of their skin. You assume that if he were stopped that the cop would apologize and leave him to go about his business but how many others were stopped and never apologized to? You seem to care about how he feels because you know him but could care less about how others are affected.

Reactions: AlteredEgo and b.c.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Yes, but how do you know that some of the others who were stopped weren't good? How many times have you read or heard that some f those stopped were just going about their business? They were stopped not because they were up to something but because of the color of their skin. You assume that if he were stopped that the cop would apologize and leave him to go about his business but how many others were stopped and never apologized to? You seem to care about how he feels because you know him but could care less about how others are affected.

This all is so typical of jjz and others quick to dismiss the concerns discussed in these threads. As you recall, some time ago I asked him how do inner city minorities, with whom he claimed to work, feel about stop and frisk. His response consisted of how he advises them to be cooperative, not engage in confrontation, etc. etc.

SOUND advice, I might add, and pretty much the same advice I'd give them.

But at LEAST I'd also have an inkling, SOME degree of empathy and identification with how THEY feel, and how I'd feel to be out with a date, or going to a movie, only to find myself in the DEHUMANIZING position of being up against a wall and emptying my pockets SOLELY because I HAPPEN to be of a TARGETED RACE. That's f*******ng BULLSHIT.

Jjz has consistently failed to acknowledge ANY of those concerns, but rather suggests that because he KNOWS someone who rose above the obstacles, that the very EXISTENCE of those disparities shouldn't be RECOGNIZED, and shouldn't MATTER. NOT to mention the fact that they shouldn't EXIST.

As such, the very EPITOME of what we are discussing here.

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
What adversity are you referring to? The loss of his mother? Absolutley. The rest he accomplished on his own, for which he can be proud. He went to school, got an education, and started a business. No trophy necessary. It was his drive and desire that helped him succeed. No excuses. No blame. And probably, no help (aside from a big, bad bank that gave him a business loan to get started). But he did it. This has been my point all along. He did it, as have others with less, and with greater obstacles.

You sound a bit like Clarence Thomas insisting he rose to his lofty position all on his own, without help from anyone. As if, in an earlier era, he could have simply willed himself to become a black Justice on the Supreme Court. Thomas conveniently forgets the struggles of others before him who made his successes possible; he stands on the shoulders of giants.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
You sound a bit like Clarence Thomas insisting he rose to his lofty position all on his own, without help from anyone. As if, in an earlier era, he could have simply willed himself to become a black Justice on the Supreme Court. Thomas conveniently forgets the struggles of others before him who made his successes possible; he stands on the shoulders of giants.

"Thomas conveniently forgets the struggles of others before him who made his successes possible; he stands on the shoulders of giants."

.... from where he spits down upon the rest.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
If you have a vocabulary to talk about the realities of racism you don't consider "intrinsically racist," by all means let's use that.

Yes, prejudice works fine. You can talk about the reality of prejudice faced by one group because of their ethnicity. A negative for one group does not equal a positive for another. It just means that the other group does not have that particular negative.

The linguistics is interesting in understanding the manipulation of the debate. But this thread remains racist.

Last edited:

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes, prejudice works fine. You can talk about the reality of prejudice faced by one group because of their ethnicity. A negative for one group does not equal a positive for another. It just means that the other group does not have that particular negative.

The linguistics is interesting in understanding the manipulation of the debate. But this thread remains racist.
When the negative(being black) is in the minority the positive(being white) is in the majority and the majority gives themselves advantages then it is not an equal balance.

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The majority may withhold advantages to a minority, but that is not the same as making them universally available to themselves.
Money is the greater divider but race holds power. No matter how much money or education a black person may have they are still treated as "suspect". A white person is given the benefit of the doubt whereas a person is color usually isn't. Just look at how those killed are treated in the press. Look at articles about most white mass shooters and you'll see them called "a loner", "a young man or woman who just went the wrong way",or "mentally ill" whereas a black person is "a thug", "a future inmate", or "a waste of life". When it comes to white perps a reason for their crimes are sought but a person of color is supposedly just reverting to type.

D

deleted15807

Jjz has consistently failed to acknowledge ANY of those concerns, but rather suggests that because he KNOWS someone who rose above the obstacles, that the very EXISTENCE of those disparities shouldn't be RECOGNIZED, and shouldn't MATTER.

And personal stories are consistently used to dismiss the bigger picture as he does when his winter in his town is cold so consequently the work of premier scientists around the world on climate change must be a fraud. It's no secret conservatives are anti-science and anti-evidence based reasoning. I guess you have to be when every central tenet of conservative thought since Reagan can be proven as inaccurate and misguided.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: temptotalk

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
.............. whereas a black person is "a thug", "a future inmate", or "a waste of life". When it comes to white perps a reason for their crimes are sought but a person of color is supposedly just reverting to type.

I don't see this in our media, could you link to examples from the US?

But is the press treatment of mass murderers what this thread is about? That is not many people.

Jjz1109

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Ah yes. I see where you're going. What was it now?

"If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you help. There was a great teacher in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. (Somebody invented the roads and bridges). If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen." Yup, yup, yup.....Thank God for the government, for if it were not for them and their programs, where would I be? This is another thread.

Clarence Thomas worked hard, and was the best qualified candidate. Let us not forget is was a Republican, George H. W. Bush, who appointed him. More White Privledge.

Reactions: Mercurygirl

temptotalk

Legendary Member
Media

I really don't understand your logic here. Had you said...a negative for one group does not equal a positive for all of another...then i might have agreed with you but i'm sorry if one group murders the majority of another group then yes it does mean a positive for another based on numbers, resources, time and other things. Sure, it won't be a positive for all of that group over time (depending on the circumstances) but it's still like having a race with two runners and shooting one of the racers in the leg before the starting bell. The beginning offensive will always contribute to the race's outcome no matter when you start to watch/inspect.

But this thread remains racist.

How? How in the hell is talking about white privilege racist? There have been many and i mean many a topic about race on this board and it doesn't become racist until we talk about white privilege? Why? Theres threads on asian guys peens, black guys peens, indian guys peens, people have brought up black on black violence until they were blue in the face and all sorts of other things but white privilege...thats where you draw the line?

Would you call a thread created on male privilege sexist? Would you call a thread on female privilege sexist? What about a topic on the privileges of rich people? Would you call that elitism? Why is white privilege so voldermortyish? Why can't people talk about something that clearly exists?

temptotalk

Legendary Member
Media
I don't see this in our media, could you link to examples from the US?

But is the press treatment of mass murderers what this thread is about? That is not many people.

And yes it actually is. Cause a bad cop is only a bad apple, a mass shooter is only a loner, a finance criminal is only a financial criminal, a religious nutbag is only a religious nutbag, a president is just a president, an athlete is just an athlete until...they are of a specific race. Then all hell breaks loose and whatever they've done, said or whatever their motive was gets projected onto a whole group of people without any consideration for individualism.

So yeah, it's part of it. It might not be the whole shabang but it's definitely part of it.

"They have problems now in terms of unemployment numbers, look at their unemployment numbers. And you have -- here you have a black president who's done very poorly for the African Americans of this country," Trump said. "I think that I will win the African American vote and I think I will win the Hispanic vote."

Sure, it's a way for him to bash the president and get some brownie points but why/how is that the focus. Lets say for instance colin powell said...

There won't be another white president for years because of bush. How illogical would that sound? Why would it sound illogical?

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Ah yes. I see where you're going. What was it now?

"If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you help. There was a great teacher in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. (Somebody invented the roads and bridges). If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen."

If you could tell me what you disagree with in that statement, I'd have an easier time responding.

Yup, yup, yup.....Thank God for the government, for if it were not for them and their programs, where would I be? This is another thread.

No mention of government in the above quote. Non sequitor.

Clarence Thomas worked hard, and was the best qualified candidate. Let us not forget is was a Republican, George H. W. Bush, who appointed him. More White Privledge.

All of that may well be true, but doesn't negate my point, which you ignored.