white spots on glans

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by jm1, Nov 18, 2007.

1. jm1

jm1 New Member

hi, iv got a group of small white lump things round the bottom of the glans of my penis, the bit where it curls under to meet the shaft. they are not all the way around, just a little group. i have thought about cutting them off becuase i dont know what a women will think of them. sinse i have noticed them i havnt slept with a women because my confidence has just sunk. what are they and how can i get rid?? thanks

2. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

They're normal from what you say, they sound like the stunningly stupidly named pearly penile papules, I swear I didn't make that up.

3. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
  4. jm1

jm1 New Member

noo they are a ot smaller than that, the size of pinheads or somethin.. and they have been there for a long time now

5. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

6. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    It would be hard for anyone here to diagnosis you. You should find a doctor that you are comfortable with. I think you'd stop worrying about it if a doctor took a look.

7. p542

p542 New Member

Take ur ass to a doctor.........how simple is that.

8. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    Changes are that they are the pearly papules. They are more frequent and more prominent with uncircumcised males. If they've been there for a long time and haven't propagated to the rest of your body by now, they are probably just the papules. They are just tiny growths that are perfectly normal.

Next time you have a check up you can ask doctor to confirm.

9. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

It's always worth checking out with a doctor, but they're most likely normal. There is always a doubt though so use a condom.

10. jm1

jm1 New Member

ok thanks guys and gals, is there any way to get rid of them... antibiotics, certian type of wash cream etc??

11. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

If they're ppp they're supposed to be there.

12. jm1

jm1 New Member

but why they look like a desiese lol i dont want to think what girls will think :S

13. Big en

Big en New Member

Albums:

You tell him Foxy Brown :biggrin1:

14. ToBe

ToBe New Member

SpoiledPrincess is right. From what you say, your diagnosis is with 95% certainty pearly penile papules.

About 20% of men have them; I have them. Lots of people have them... they're slightly more commone in uncircumcised men.

My #1 recommendation would be to do nothing. I really doubt a woman would care that they're there.

If they bother you, you could see a dermatologist and ask them about treatment. In theory,laser or liquid nitrogen could be used to destroy the spots. But there will be some residual scarring, so I don't know how much of a cosmetic improvement there will be.

15. Damian Walker

Damian Walker New Member

jm1, pearly penile papules can be removed - I had mine removed earlier this year! However "normal" they are supposed to be, having them is a great nuisance for most guys with this problem and there is always the possibility that a sexual partner will react badly to seeing them for the first time. There is almost no recovery from a situation when someone suspects that you have a diseased penis.

The best way to have them removed is with a CO2 laser but there aren't too many doctors round the world who offer such a treatment and it can be expensive. But they are out there - you'll need to search on the Internet. I also tried the liquid nitrogen route but it required multiple painfull sessions and in the end the papules were still there. They can also be cauterised off; I am told quite successfully but I have no experience of this.

The great news - at least for me and other sufferers I have been in touch with - is that there was no scarring from the procedure I had. The corona of my penis is smooth to the touch and has the appearance of any other penis. I can see where the papules used to be as tiny specks under the skin, something that you see on many men who do not have the prominent papules. The procedure was done under a local anaesthetic and apart from a very mild burning sensation for about an hour after it wore off, it was totally painless! I even went food shopping on my way home from the hospital!

There is no reason to live with this condition if it makes you uncomfortable.

16. LemacST

Gold Member

I have PPPs but they're really not that prominent. I haven't received any comments, good or bad, on them yet. Then again, like I said, mine don't stand out much at all.

I remember when they came out though. It'd happen often when I'd masturbate (or overmasturbate) when I very first started to. I'd get little lesions that would sting really bad if I touched them. I guess they all eventually turned into PPPs. I think PPPs are just abrasions you got from masturbating...I remember before they turned into PPPs they weeped out precum. I think once I really started masturbating a lot and the head of my penis got dry was when the PPPs started coming in. I'm uncircumised by the way, before I started masturbating the head of my penis was always moist and now it's dry as if it were circumcised (along with these PPPs).

Draft saved Draft deleted