White supremacist in complex

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by squeggie, Apr 25, 2011.

1. squeggie

squeggie New Member

So I need help. I am getting called names, like skittles for example. I need help, I talked to the security gaurd and he said call the cops for harassment but I dont want to involve the cops. Next time it happens i will have too. I have talked to the apartment office about it, but i doubt they will do anything.. Is there a way to break an apartment lease cause of this, what should I do. Anyone have similar stories.. They keep attacking my bf and I and i dont know what to do.. :(

2. mattsrod7

Gold Member

Albums:
    tell the land lord,

3. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Call the police. They are committing a felony and should be arrested and jailed.

4. Kotchanski

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Aside from calling the police, which should be done even if it's just so that there is an official record of the steps you've already taken should things get worse later on...

I don't know where you are in the world, but here in the UK there are reasonable expectations all landlords are held to, which include things such as building safety/security and to deal with any other tenants causing a disturbance/breaking the law.

We have specific teams within the local council who investigate accusations that these expectations aren't being met (my ex landlord was investigated for years, but there were never enough tenants prepared to back up the claims, and they were very complex issues needing evidence like you couldn't imagine!) and they can be stripped of their control of their own properties should things reach a certain point, with various options offered like time to improve the situation, training courses, or sale of the property to someone else.

If the expectations aren't being met, the case can be made that the contract is void and therefore there is nothing to break, you are free to leave as you wish.

As I said, I've no idea if any of the above applies where you are, but regardless, records of everything need to be kept, with any evidence you can possibly gather (difficult in the case of harassment unless it becomes physical or involves letters/graffiti) police records, copies of any/all letters sent to building management and the likes... Everything you can get to support that you've done everything by the book and the situation hasn't been resolved.

5. squeggie

squeggie New Member

Thankyou guys i will talk to my landlord

6. somewhatcranky

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    just call the cops. like they said, it's a hate crime, and they are GUILTY.

7. D_ewjjde

D_ewjjde New Member

Is this a first for the discrimination forum?

8. alx

alx
    Gold Member

Call the police?

....Oh and re-educate him on his Aryan invasion theories whilst your waiting.

9. pecsofsteel

pecsofsteel New Member

LOL, skittles? I thought I had heard all the racial slurs there were...

Anyway, when you say they are attacking your boyfriend, do you mean physically? Or just name-calling? One is a crime, the other is tough luck.

10. Synergistic

Synergistic Member

Albums:
    Skittles? I don't get it.

11. pecsofsteel

pecsofsteel New Member

What felony do you think they're committing?

12. squeggie

squeggie New Member

skittles as in rainbow... "taste the rainbow" and not attacking my bf physically just name calling and what not.

13. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree with calling the police. You need to be very careful

14. pecsofsteel

pecsofsteel New Member

Well, that's horrible behavior, but not illegal. Harassment is a civil tort, but you'd have to show actual damages.

People are assholes. If you try to change their behavior, it probably won't work. Revenge is difficult and unlikely to satisfy you in the long run. My advice: grow some skin, move, and be happy somewhere else.

15. D_Bessie Mae Mucho

D_Bessie Mae Mucho New Member

Its so sad that in the 21st we still have to deal with such IGNORANT CLOSE MINDED PPL.. no one should have to deal with such nasty behavior.

Squeegie, I wish u and ur bf nothing but luck and I hope u can break your lease U dont need to put up with that from anyone and your home is your safe haven so if youre Not feeling safe there, I think U should move elsewhere, where u wont be judged or picked on as if U are in grammar school.. Best of Luck to U..

16. B_FleshPistolSG1

B_FleshPistolSG1 New Member

Albums:
    yes talk to landlord but really they hate to lose tenants even the bad one. police will not act till it is to late. so arm yourself, BF and apartment to stay safe. a let those mutha fuckin bitches know you aint on hoe and will protect yourself get crazy sometimes. get an attack dog but hey baseball bats are the shit. wish i had one for my Ex landlord. oh and if you can't fight learn cause there will always be some one who wants to piss on your rainbow. ;)

17. B_FleshPistolSG1

B_FleshPistolSG1 New Member

Albums:
    dont be affraid to kick a little ass man they probably think your a punk thus can keep doing so cause you want do anything about but like move out.

#17 B_FleshPistolSG1, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  18. squeggie

squeggie New Member

Haha thank you guys. I have two pittbulls and a shotgun in my home just in case. These assholes are tweakers and the night this all went down, they had like 4 Mexicans at my stairway like they were part of a gang. Ill talk to the office about it. I just don't get assholes like this.. thank you guys for your help. I appreciate it a lot.

19. EagleCowboy

EagleCowboy Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Until they actually DO something outside of name calling, I.E. physically hurt you, take a swing at you, vandalize your stuff, or threaten to kill you (and you need a credible witness for that) The police can't do anything because they haven't committed a crime yet.

As for the name-calling, the police will expect you to grow a pair and get over it.
    If it were me, I'd just cut them down with an extremely sharp and witty comeback!

20. squeggie

squeggie New Member

Oh my bf just yells tweaker and they get upset. They did hit my friend in the head with a police stick or wtvr there called on the night it went down. But my friend doesn't want to press charges.. it'd like being a little kid again hut the fact I don't want to be a little kid. So I will eventually move to a knew apartment soon..

Draft saved Draft deleted