White supremacist in complex

azladd

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
You think printing up a piece of paper talking about what happened and warning people and passing it to each door on the complex will do anything? Or is that a bad idea?

I'm glad your issues has been resolved. But I will tell you, in the state of Arizona, name calling is not a crime. Anytime you are faced with a situation that may involve possible harassment, your best bet is to call the magistrates office. Getting legal advice from LPSG is probably not the best route to go because laws vary from state to state. But from your previous posts, there seems to be more to this story, and that is exactly what the police will try to determine before determining if any laws have been broken. But if you are engaging with these people and its tic for tac, it is very likely you will have little recourse.

thirdlegmeat

Sexy Member
Media
just call the cops. like they said, it's a hate crime, and they are GUILTY.

I'm sorry that you have an a-hole neighbor who is harassing you... that's b.s. I've been discriminated against in various forms and at various places. Though I'm not a "quitter," I have always chose to let my feet do the talking (I'm more for action than talk or complaining). If you have a landlord who allows pricks to harass other tenants, then perhaps he/she doesn't deserve your money. Personally, I would move to a more hospitable and likely more upscale setting.

From what I understand, Arizona does have a white supremecist problem. But then again, it has many problems, and that particular one is far down the list in a consequentialist context. Narco-terrorism, human trafficing and corresponding kidnappings beat it by a country mile. To clarify, I assume that the "Skittles" reference is an insult on your sexual orientation [pardon my ignorance]. I don't really see how that relates to white supremecy, considering American minorities are statistically less tolerant of homosexuals than are whites... but I digress.

Either way, you should live your life in peace and take appropriate action. However, America does NOT have "hate speech" legislation. In American freedom of speech is protected. Actions are another beast... and there are laws that pertain thereto.

If you don't feel safe... move. Right and wrong doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but safety does. If the taunts are hurtful but not dangerous, then you need to assess your priorities... that's a personal decision.

deanf

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
If a proud American soldier can't get buried by his family in peace without signs saying "Semper Fag", you sure as hell aren't going to find legal recourse for being called "Skittles".

Grow up. This isn't North Korea.

Brilliant! :smile:

deanf

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
In my opinion, do not arm yourself, do not take matters into your own hand, inform the law of what has happened and inform the perpetrators as well. Last time I checked we do not live in a Charles Bronson movie.

What a sad state of mind. Denial of the fundamental human right of self defense.

When people choose to arm themselves in the face of danger, it's nothing to do with the law or revenge - it's about self preservation.

HungThickProf

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
What a sad state of mind. Denial of the fundamental human right of self defense.

When people choose to arm themselves in the face of danger, it's nothing to do with the law or revenge - it's about self preservation.

I see and know where you're coming from. However, you never know what kind of people you're dealing. Hate groups don't tend to gave a damn about the law, so causing physical hurt, or worse, is nothing for them. It's good to have some sort of protection, it must be understood that when doing so, you run the risk of potentially escalating the situation. I say try the peaceful method first- contact the landlord and call the cops. If action is not taken, then do what you must.

Last edited:

I generally shave my head and drive a truck, and have a house in arizona. But I trip up the supremacists by having lots of close friends who are black or hispanic. Not to mention the whole bi curious thing.

Racism and the such is still strong in some areas but fear not, it is decaying.