White Trash

I'm hosting a "White Trash Bash" this weekend just for shits and giggles.... and with my friends, it will be lots of giggles and hopefully no shits.

I'm working on the playlist for the weekend, so please call out any songs that scream White Trash to you. yes, Freebird, is already on this list. ;

And for our friends not from the US, I'd love to hear what you think of when I say "white trash". I'm trying to make sure I cover all the stereotypical bases.

Reactions: BillM and ronin001

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm hosting a "White Trash Bash" this weekend just for shits and giggles.... and with my friends, it will be lots of giggles and hopefully no shits.

I'm working on the playlist for the weekend, so please call out any songs that scream White Trash to you. yes, Freebird, is already on this list. ;

And for our friends not from the US, I'd love to hear what you think of when I say "white trash". I'm trying to make sure I cover all the stereotypical bases.
Velveeta and Wonder Bread? Kid Rock?

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Perhaps not a white trash song, but the video is definitely Aussie white trash!

I should warn your ears - this man was a professional footballer, NOT a professional singer!

Reactions: BillM

mkdir

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

ub31jg4x3z121.png

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
One should never punch down. Just saying.

Ms Femme is dead on with Velveeta and white bread, that's a tasty fricking grilled cheese.

Kid Rock and his current political stance.

Reactions: Questionable Meat

One should never punch down. Just saying.
Is it a punch down if it's how you grew up? Well, I guess I grew up more redneck/country than white trash, but still... it's not mean spirited. All my parties have themes, and this is what grew out of our camping weekend.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Is it a punch down if it's how you grew up? Well, I guess I grew up more redneck/country than white trash, but still... it's not mean spirited. All my parties have themes, and this is what grew out of our camping weekend.

White trash can mock white trash. Cuz ya live it you can parody it.

I grew up country and white trash. Sometimes it feels like broke crackers are the last socioeeconomically disinfranchized group it's okay to mock. I feel for my fellow trash babies

I grew up country and white trash. Sometimes it feels like broke crackers are the last socioeeconomically disinfranchized group it's okay to mock. I feel for my fellow trash babies
I get it. I don't mock poor of any form. Heck, I don't really mock anyone... I might think you're an asshole/dumbass/idiot for poor choices, but I rarely make fun of anyone, especially for things outside their control.

I don't view country/redneck as a negative at all. I can't condone the racist behavior, poor treatment of animals, addiction, etc that goes along with the WT stereotype, though.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Not all rednecks make poor life choices.

Redneck Revolt

Here is a group I am a proud member of, we wave the redneck flag.... not the Confederate one

It's still hard to see a bunch of non-trash people acting out the stereo types of so-called trash as anything other than dehumanizing and classist.

Reactions: malakos and 950483

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
initially a little offended with thr term, as thinking it was a little derogatory/inflaatory etc

however

seeing your splurge and where your at,plus members contributions

do know it exists, is it similar with black trash

always find it a little difficult to grasp that issue tbh
confuse the fun side with the real problem, my fault in that respect i geuss

The poor choices comment wasn't linked to redneck... poor choices was linked to why I might be judgy. And poor choices in my book includes being racist, not caring your animals, etc.... not being poor.

And many of my friends grew up poor. Through work ethic, good choices and resilience we are no longer poor. I think we are friends because of the common background. Being in the heart of NASCAR country, coming from common stock and simple means... yeah, i think we can parody our roots without it being classist or dehumanizing.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
hope your response isent to my post
i may have to teach 000s how to interpret my simple kiwi english huh ha

dontb need to justify your thread to me
my keyword wasa initially
you asked for reactions, i gave mine

prefer to live a simple trashier life if one wants to call it that, much to the chagrin is it, of my family

yeah, i think we can parody our roots without it being classist or dehumanizing.

dont get me wrong please
good for you,so true

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Wanna know how white trash I am?

We had to move my camper to block the boat so my dogs wouldn't run into the engine propellers.

That's right. Dogs running the yard. Refurbishing a camper (inspired by Goddess Maddie) and a boat in my back yard. *sigh* you never outgrow it :grinning:

Also. I never wear shoes unless I have to. Barefoot everywhere. Even as a kid. I rode my bike, with spiked ass pedals, without shoes. Drove my mother to fits.

Also. .Also Fried baloney sandwiches. Where you had to cut it so the baloney would stay flat? On white bread with Duke's mayo. That was a good ass sandwich.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Wanna know how white trash I am?

We had to move my camper to block the boat so my dogs wouldn't run into the engine propellers.

That's right. Dogs running the yard. Refurbishing a camper (inspired by Goddess Maddie) and a boat in my back yard. *sigh* you never outgrow it :grinning:

Also. I never wear shoes unless I have to. Barefoot everywhere. Even as a kid. I rode my bike, with spiked ass pedals, without shoes. Drove my mother to fits.

Also. .Also Fried baloney sandwiches. Where you had to cut it so the baloney would stay flat? On white bread with Duke's mayo. That was a good ass sandwich.

my mother would make fried bologna and egg sammies when i was young!

my mom liked hers with mayo, my dad liked his with catsup, i liked mine with both.

i can't really speak with any authority on white trash, but my observation at least locally is that those testicle ornaments are a wee bit trashy.

https://www.amazon.com/Truck-Balls-Bull-Nutz-Flesh/dp/B002A6LL2I

FYI immigrants are the new 'white trash', so perhaps that would be a suitable theme for the next party. Other sections of society that are marginalized and discriminated against might include the homeless or wheelchair users. I'm guessing you've already done the obvious themes like 'black and white minstrels' and 'jews and Nazis'.

Reactions: MickeyLee