White Trash

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I haven't heard the term white trash in ages. Nowadays, it's all Cracker. Cracker this, cracker that. I have no idea where cracker comes from.
There are people in my state who are called coal crackers, because of coal crackers, which are some kind of chemical treatment plant that "cracks" hydrocarbons, or something, out of anthracite. Maybe that's where cracker comes from.

One should never punch down. Just saying.

Ms Femme is dead on with Velveeta and white bread, that's a tasty fricking grilled cheese.

Kid Rock and his current political stance.

I was just about to say this one.
But Kid Rock in general.

Maybe some uncle kracker as well.

Wanna know how white trash I am?

We had to move my camper to block the boat so my dogs wouldn't run into the engine propellers.

That's right. Dogs running the yard. Refurbishing a camper (inspired by Goddess Maddie) and a boat in my back yard. *sigh* you never outgrow it :grinning:

Also. I never wear shoes unless I have to. Barefoot everywhere. Even as a kid. I rode my bike, with spiked ass pedals, without shoes. Drove my mother to fits.

Also. .Also Fried baloney sandwiches. Where you had to cut it so the baloney would stay flat? On white bread with Duke's mayo. That was a good ass sandwich.

Ok hold up. Is bologna on white with dukes white trash or just fucking delicious.
Because I'll eat about 3 of them bitches right now!!

And I'm not white trash. But i have coined the term DWT (downtrodden white trash) which I would explain but i don't want to hijack the OP's post.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I checked on the etymology of cracker. It has a long and honorable history, appearing even in Shakespeare. It originally referred to someone who was of low means and a braggart. More recently, relatively speaking, it is more specifically a reference to people from Florida and Georgia, to the point that "Crackers" was in the running to be the name of the Florida State football team (now the Seminoles).

And while we're at it, white trash, from Wikipedia: The first use of "white trash" in print to describe this population occurred in 1821. It came into common use in the 1830s as a pejorative used by house slaves against poor whites. In 1833, Fanny Kemble, an English actress visiting Georgia, noted in her journal: "The slaves themselves entertain the very highest contempt for white servants, whom they designate as 'poor white trash'".

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ok hold up. Is bologna on white with dukes white trash or just fucking delicious.
Because I'll eat about 3 of them bitches right now!!

And I'm not white trash. But i have coined the term DWT (downtrodden white trash) which I would explain but i don't want to hijack the OP's post.

Side tangents are wonderful... lay down the sweet science of DWT.