"White" women Overseas

D_Beau Chutzpud

Experimental Member
Media
Being in the military, having spent some time in S. Korea, and having a job teaching Chinese, I get to interact with not only a lot of Asians, but also a lot of American military men - NOT just whites. It's very interesting and disturbing to see how SOME S. Korean and Chinese women throw themselves at American military men solely because they represent more money, a trip to the U.S., and a better lifestyle.

I have many military buds who've been to Asia and come back with a wife...some of whom of course don't really seem to love their husbands, but they sure love having a better life. On the other hand, a lot of these guys are losers and honestly couldn't get a decent American or Western girl, so they flock to Asia because it is no secret they can find someone there...

It's also disturbing to see how much the military supports the sex trade in S.Korea. My first night there in a "juicy bar" just off-base a very attractive Asian girl offered to f@ck me all night for $100. A lot of shallow military guys are in heaven in a place like this, I was too saddened to answer or stay.

Another thing I found interesting though was that a big influx of Russian girls into S. Korea (around the U.S. military bases) seriously upset the local Asian girls because the Russian girls were stealing a lot of their business (the Russian girls I met were very attractive and were lured to S. Korea with the offer of working in a bar, and of course being scammed into the sex trade). So, it didn't matter to the troops what race the girls were...all that mattered is they could be the biggest losers in the world and these girls made them feel like gods.

pichulon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
naughty said:
Pichulon,

I think some of what you are seeing in young black women is a cultural pressure To be loyal to the race. Since women are the keeper of the culture this is more pronounced I think because of the ugly history between black women and white men ( i.e. Slavery)andafterwards some black women may be rather sensitive to being exploited.Others having been rejected by men of their own race for whatever reason may be more open or prefer interaction with white men. I am physically attracted to a variety of physical types. But the cultural pressure can be tough.

Naughty

I understand your explanation, Naughty Girl....but I always wondered, if it was 100% true, what about white women?? aren't white women the keepers of their race too? I do not see that degree of loyalty, better said, there is no feeling of betrayal when a white woman goes beyond her race .
Also, on the black side, seems to be a different approach on part of black men towards loyalty and keeping their race from others.
That astonishes me, the difference in approaches.
I do not know if this is the product of mass media exploitation and promotion. Controversy is what feeds the media. I seldom see white man black female couples used in advertisement, commercials, movies, etc, while, I see plenty of black man, white female ones.
I see plenty of billboards with black men and white women, representing a vast array of products, but I seldom ( should say never ) see , in black neighborhoods, ads of any kind using white men and black females as couples .
I am not a prejudiced person, just brainstorming.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Very Observant, Grasshopper! (Just Naughty. Naughtygirl entirely different animal)

I am not going to get into a discussion on the rather narrow standards of beauty that have been perpetuated world wide, but they have a great deal to do with it all. Yes, I do think white women are the keepers of their culture as well. However, when a white woman marries a black man and they have children, she can not teach a black child(which in spite of PC labels , is what she will have) how to navigate the waters of a still racist society. What she herself has experienced may not necessarily translate into the lives of her offspring.
As for why you dont see black women, white men? Blacks were brought here initially as slaves.They were bred for size and strength.They were brought here to work not be admired. They were made to wear head scarves in certain areas as a signal of servitude and because their hair was deemed offensive. But they were also the recipients of late hour visits to the quarters whether they wished it or not. Interaction between black women and white men until very recently has alway been one of great inequity and possible exploitation. After black families had been ripped apart by slavery,black women fought to keep the family together. Even now many are wary of branching outside of their races to explore the possibilities for fear of exploitation and rejection. In the movie "Something New" I found it interesting that Sanae Nathan the female lead , and successful corporate CPA lost her mind when in a moment of intimacy her new white lover asked her if she had a weave or if she could take it out. To him that meant nothing, to her it meant total exposure. She had been trained by media and experience that if you didnt have long flowing locks you would not be seen as an attractive viable female. Her knee jerk reaction spoke volumes to me of the pathology of race and perception of beauty in this country. So I guess this whole rant is to explain why you dont see that particular combination that often from the black woman's perspective. I also think that for a white man who often has a vast array of female beauty to chose from a black woman for various reasons may not be the first choice..... Look at the
percentages of women who will ever be married as of 2005: black women 48%, Latin women 60+% and white women 80+%. Ask Mme Zora( East indian and white) what it was like for her growing up and then we can talk... There is a reason blonde is still the best selling hair color sold in stores....(THis does not necessarily reflect my own experiences but what I have seen around me)

Naughty

pichulon said:
I understand your explanation, Naughty Girl....but I always wondered, if it was 100% true, what about white women?? aren't white women the keepers of their race too? I do not see that degree of loyalty, better said, there is no feeling of betrayal when a white woman goes beyond her race .
Also, on the black side, seems to be a different approach on part of black men towards loyalty and keeping their race from others.
That astonishes me, the difference in approaches.
I do not know if this is the product of mass media exploitation and promotion. Controversy is what feeds the media. I seldom see white man black female couples used in advertisement, commercials, movies, etc, while, I see plenty of black man, white female ones.
I see plenty of billboards with black men and white women, representing a vast array of products, but I seldom ( should say never ) see , in black neighborhoods, ads of any kind using white men and black females as couples .
I am not a prejudiced person, just brainstorming.

Desmond_decker

Just Browsing
Media
I think we should clearify terms some. I (africanAmerican) don't view "white women" that aren't American as someone i would call "white" culturaly. French or Engish is what I would say. The notion of race as in "white" is culturely meaningless eg a Black English person has a lot more in commmon with a white english person than a white american does. Who are Sir Richard Cliff, Ms Dynamite or the late great Fred Trueman.Humankind cannot bear very much reality. - T. S. Eliot

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Interesting.

Being white, male, and never having worked in Asia, I of course can't comment on the specific validity of "Sandy's" complaint, but I may be able to reference a (weakly) analogous situation.

Generally speaking, the world is full of shallow people. Not everyone, of course, but a solid minority at worst (best?). So I'd be willing to bet that for every white woman in Asia being overlooked in favour of "SPG's", there's a dozen men (of whatever race) in North America being overlooked in favour of the guys with the hot car, fancy job, and/or expense account lifestyle.

In my experience, the way you overcome the latter phenomenon is to make more money, change your dating circle, or change your behaviour. Sandy may need to do something similar.

On the interracial dating note - I have been attracted to women of just about all races. And yet, the overwhelming majority of the women I've dated have been white, despite living in one of the most ethnically diverse cities in the world. I'm not quite sure why this is, but I suspect that I'm assuming that non-white women aren't interested in white guys due to cultural/family pressures, or perhaps due to the 'keeper of the race' phenomenon that Naughty references.

(But then again, I'm awfully good at talking myself out of the idea that women are attracted to me. So YMMV.)

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rob,
After writing that post I was wondering if I had gotten a bit too intense about things. It is rather difficult to explain and I think that my observations are not in anyway reflective of all experiences, but unfortunately I do think it true in many cases. I myself am pretty much equal opportunity!

rob_just_rob said:
Interesting.

Being white, male, and never having worked in Asia, I of course can't comment on the specific validity of "Sandy's" complaint, but I may be able to reference a (weakly) analogous situation.

Generally speaking, the world is full of shallow people. Not everyone, of course, but a solid minority at worst (best?). So I'd be willing to bet that for every white woman in Asia being overlooked in favour of "SPG's", there's a dozen men (of whatever race) in North America being overlooked in favour of the guys with the hot car, fancy job, and/or expense account lifestyle.

In my experience, the way you overcome the latter phenomenon is to make more money, change your dating circle, or change your behaviour. Sandy may need to do something similar.

On the interracial dating note - I have been attracted to women of just about all races. And yet, the overwhelming majority of the women I've dated have been white, despite living in one of the most ethnically diverse cities in the world. I'm not quite sure why this is, but I suspect that I'm assuming that non-white women aren't interested in white guys due to cultural/family pressures, or perhaps due to the 'keeper of the race' phenomenon that Naughty references.

(But then again, I'm awfully good at talking myself out of the idea that women are attracted to me. So YMMV.)

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
naughty said:
Rob,
After writing that post I was wondering if I had gotten a bit too intense about things. It is rather difficult to explain and I think that my observations are not in anyway reflective of all experiences, but unfortunately I do think it true in many cases. I myself am pretty much equal opportunity!

Naughty,

Don't worry, I didn't take it personally. :wink:

I guess in my case... for a long time I was reluctant to approach women for fear of rejection - so my perception that non-white women might be less receptive (for whatever reason) carried a lot of weight in my not approaching them. So it's more of a "me" issue (aren't they all?).

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Naughty - I would be fascinated to know some of the explanations as to why only 48% of Black Women (in the US I presume) are getting married.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LOL!
I am sure many of us are wondering the same thing. By the way an ex just got married yesterday to a WHITE WOMAN! LOL!

Lordpendragon said:
Naughty - I would be fascinated to know some of the explanations as to why only 48% of Black Women (in the US I presume) are getting married.

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Desmond_decker said:
The notion of race as in "white" is culturely meaningless eg a Black English person has a lot more in commmon with a white english person than a white american does. Humankind cannot bear very much reality. - T. S. Eliot

I would tend to agree with this (as a white Brit). Some of our black (and white for that matter) kids who are into "black" street culture would probably not wish this.

I do have friends who would not date black women - I have and would have no problem doing so again - I always thought of her as Ghanaian rather than black. Actually I think of her as a wonderful zesty earthy and extremely sexy woman.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lord Pendragon,

There are many explanations for it: inequity in numbers, inequity in education, socioeconomics, men in jail, men who are not available ( gay, etc.) men who chose women of other races. I also think it is probably a different take on the issue from nation to nation. I was speaking from an American standpont. I tHink we use the term black here because due to slavery very few generationally American Blacks know exactly from which African nations their ancestors came.

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It wouldn't be too difficult to find out where you had come from originally if you wanted to. But is this considered relevant to being an "African" or "Black" American? I have always found it strange that people prefix being American as I think the rest of the world has a lot less trouble in thinking of all Americans as Americans, irrespective of their racial heritage.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lord Pendragon,

I think the resapon for the "American" suffix is because the differences are and have been made many times here in the States. Though ancestors may have left the shores of other lands centuries before, Americans often cling tenaciously to thes ethnic connections.

Lordpendragon said:
It wouldn't be too difficult to find out where you had come from originally if you wanted to. But is this considered relevant to being an "African" or "Black" American? I have always found it strange that people prefix being American as I think the rest of the world has a lot less trouble in thinking of all Americans as Americans, irrespective of their racial heritage.

stretcher74

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
nick22ca said:
Hello semantics.

My take on the complaint of Sandy(sp) in the original article is not a sympathetic one.

People of all sorts of races will be attracted to people of all sorts of races. Sometimes cultural pressures will predominate and they will remain within their race/group/culture.

As a White guy of partly French-Canadian heritage I've found that on average I get the least respect from women closest to my cultural/ethnic background.

To be blunt many of the white women I encounter seem to have serious emotional problems and think absurdly highly of themselves. It's gotten so I don't bother with them much unless they intiate. People of other races can have most of them them as far as I'm concerned.

Some fetishism is probably inherent in any new-exotic pairing but ultimately I would like a confident, good looking, interesting, dynamic, humorus, open-minded, independent woman who I can relate to and can also knock my socks off in bed. Those come in many colors and backgrounds.

With planes trains and automobiles at some point a couple of thousand years the future (if we survive that long) most of the human race will be a pleasing shade of Colin-Powel beige and these race issues can go join the Message Board Maoists here on the dust-heap of history.

Jeffin90620

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
aloofman said:
One could just as easily ask why black women are so reluctant to date men who aren't black.
That certainly hasn't been the case with me. I live in Los Angeles and a lot of black women have dated me over the past couple decades.

Part of this attraction, I would speculate, is that my facial features make it look like I might be racially mixed (full lips, broad face and a slightly-sloping forehead); some have thought I was High Yellow (an archaic term not used much these days).

A bigger part is that the black women who have been attracted to me have a bit more education and stable jobs and so many more black men either drop out or get arrested that they are expanding their horizons in order to find a man.

One black ex-gf actually married an Asian man.

10man

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
naughty said:
Very Observant, Grasshopper! (Just Naughty. Naughtygirl entirely different animal)

I am not going to get into a discussion on the rather narrow standards of beauty that have been perpetuated world wide, but they have a great deal to do with it all. Yes, I do think white women are the keepers of their culture as well. However, when a white woman marries a black man and they have children, she can not teach a black child(which in spite of PC labels , is what she will have) how to navigate the waters of a still racist society. What she herself has experienced may not necessarily translate into the lives of her offspring.
As for why you dont see black women, white men? Blacks were brought here initially as slaves.They were bred for size and strength.They were brought here to work not be admired. They were made to wear head scarves in certain areas as a signal of servitude and because their hair was deemed offensive. But they were also the recipients of late hour visits to the quarters whether they wished it or not. Interaction between black women and white men until very recently has alway been one of great inequity and possible exploitation. After black families had been ripped apart by slavery,black women fought to keep the family together. Even now many are wary of branching outside of their races to explore the possibilities for fear of exploitation and rejection. In the movie "Something New" I found it interesting that Sanae Nathan the female lead , and successful corporate CPA lost her mind when in a moment of intimacy her new white lover asked her if she had a weave or if she could take it out. To him that meant nothing, to her it meant total exposure. She had been trained by media and experience that if you didnt have long flowing locks you would not be seen as an attractive viable female. Her knee jerk reaction spoke volumes to me of the pathology of race and perception of beauty in this country. So I guess this whole rant is to explain why you dont see that particular combination that often from the black woman's perspective. I also think that for a white man who often has a vast array of female beauty to chose from a black woman for various reasons may not be the first choice..... Look at the
percentages of women who will ever be married as of 2005: black women 48%, Latin women 60+% and white women 80+%. Ask Mme Zora( East indian and white) what it was like for her growing up and then we can talk... There is a reason blonde is still the best selling hair color sold in stores....(THis does not necessarily reflect my own experiences but what I have seen around me)

Naughty
wow naughty u are so deed. man o man. everything u say is intellectual.wow