Whitney; "the voice" no more

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
From rehab to stage was way too quick! She should have really gotten her shit together before this attempt. Aunts and Mom were probably behind this, give Whitney what she wants thing.

D

deleted15807

They over-sing, and that's not good for the voice.

Well which would you rather see a supernova or just a regular star? The vocal gymnastics are a feat few can do. Take it to the limit every time :smile:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Well which would you rather see a supernova or just a regular star? The vocal gymnastics are a feat few can do. Take it to the limit every time :smile:

Honestly?
The supernovas are exciting, and I would never want to know that I was hearing one for the last time.
But for all their excitement, I find them, oddly, a bit flat.
Once you account for and expect the excitement, there are whole aspects of a song's landscape that they won't give you.
They give you adrenaline, but nothing of the deeper side of interpretation.
In some ways, I'd rather hear Patsy Cline.
Now, I don't want to go too far: I'd keep them all on the shelf.
But I don't like the way they, through sheer over-pumped brilliance, consign a subtler art to the deep aural shadows.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

You make Patsy seem like a bad thing. Ah interpretation......long lost art.
Whitney had adrenaline thats for sure. She needs rest, rehab and focus.
Her "comeback days" are over. She's no spring chicken but who is. BTW she looks like Cissey 15 years ago!

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hate to say it so I wont but, what are the remains of a super nova?

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

You make Patsy seem like a bad thing. Ah interpretation......long lost art.
Whitney had adrenaline thats for sure. She needs rest, rehab and focus.
Her "comeback days" are over. She's no spring chicken but who is. BTW she looks like Cissey 15 years ago!

I'd rather hear Patsy too..every song of her is genius! But she wasn't hooked on drugs in public w/a nut husband like Bobby.
There ae no bad Patsy recordings because today it seems anything is better than nothing.
Whitney needs a better second comeback lp/cd to get her back on track, this one obviously hasn't ignited any fires. No one is talking about it much. Which really is sad...but hey when her last real album came out the music world was allot different.

D

deleted15807

Hate to say it so I wont but, what are the remains of a super nova?

Memories of a devastating brilliance. What are the remnants of an orgasm but a memory and a mess to clean up now? I chose that song 'One Moment In Time' on purpose, like the Olympiads the song was about it was her moment in time.

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There ae no bad Patsy recordings because today it seems anything is better than nothing.

Oh yes, the late great Patsy Cline.

I always wonder what Patsy would have achieved if she had not died so young. She definately had one the greatest voices of all time.

Although I like it when a singer belts it out but I find it can be too much. You don't need to over sing to have a big powerful sound. A beautifully sung controlled performance it often more technically difficult than belting. Just listen to some of the singers on American Idol. They can belt but have no control over their lower range. It's actully harder to sing quietly.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Oh yes, the late great Patsy Cline.

I always wonder what Patsy would have achieved if she had not died so young. She definately had one the greatest voices of all time.

Although I like it when a singer belts it out but I find it can be too much. You don't need to over sing to have a big powerful sound. A beautifully sung controlled performance it often more technically difficult than belting. Just listen to some of the singers on American Idol. They can belt but have no control over their lower range. It's actully harder to sing quietly.

If you listen to the Patsy box set you will hear a woman in total control of her voice as she progressed. she never really oversang really.