Who all will be headed to Sturgis for the 70th Anniversary?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Northland, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Northland

Gold Member

Recently relicensed for motorcycle riding (an old age crisis? Have I really made it past Ellenville?) I am scheduled to depart in a few days (enjoy the peace while I'm gone). Lidge, George, Esmeralda, Faith, Roger and myself are off to Sturgis, South Dakota. Along the way we will be picking up Sage and Chloe in Yankton (parts of South Dakota are quite gay friendly and more on Sage at another time) and from there we will head across the state, with strict adherence to the schedule and route Sage has drawn up(she's slightly obsessive) arriving on the outskirts of town on August 5th, so we can be ready as the celebration starts on the 9th.

The main page for more information on Sturgis can be found here: The 70th Anniversary Sturgis Rally 2010. Schedules, Lodging, Merchandise, 35,000+ Sturgis Rally pictures and more....

The only real down side will be that sack of waste known as Bob Dylan who is scheduled to 'musically' invade at some point. Other than that it should be great.

2. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sounds like a great way to celebrate your decrepitude. What are you riding?

3. Northland

Gold Member

Decreptitude?:eek: Decreptitude?:mad: Decreptitude?:frown1: Decreptitude?:smile: Yeah, what of it? I am frankly amazed I've lasted this long.

I purchased a 2009 Kawasaki Voyager (1700cc), only slightly used by a retired Priest (he happens to be a friend of mine). He'd let me take a few test runs on it (even prior to my relicense), I liked it and a deal was made- which includes its name of Elmo.

Yeah, I could have gone for bigger, I could have gone for smaller- but as Goldilocks said: This one is just right.
    as far as feel and handling.
    The color is not so much to my liking; it's a shade of green (a rather deep green) which I've never seen before and if it weren't for time constraints I'd get it painted a nice dark shade of blue, as it is, that will wait for my return. After Sturgis, I am taking a westward roll to California where my most favored nephew is located, Roger will be accompanying me there and then the long journey back to New York.

Paco is a little nervous about me doing this- he worries too much.

4. molotovmuffin

Gold Member

*wishes northy would do a drive by and kidnap me!

5. Northland

Gold Member

A grand time was had by all, we returned in late September after a brief coastal visit.

I may blog on this and wedding details.

Either way,

Ta ta,

Peace out.

Draft saved Draft deleted