Who are the posters that you hated at first...

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't hate anyone here. There are some I find easier to get along with than others and that's normal. You have to know someone really well to hate them. Even folks who's views I really dislike I do not hate. I just accept that we probably wont often see eye to eye and there's nothing wrong with that.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
I've sparred with quite a few around here over the years, but I can't say I've ever "hated" anyone. Everyone has their particular views and persona, and that's part of what makes this place interesting. Come to think of it, Flashy, in the early going I had you pegged for a whiny, snot-nosed bitch, that is until I figured out your style... now your posts are some of my faves. :tongue:

Oh, and those who have perpetrated long-term lies and deceit to the detriment of other members: total a--holes. Hopefully they get theirs in the end (with a big, fat one and no lube!). :biggrin1:

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
It seems I am generally a pretty good judge of character - at least in terms of my own preferences. I don't really 'hate' anyone here, but I ignore posters whose posts are
1) always on the same topic no matter what the thread is about;
2) designed soley to inflame; and/or
3) unimaginative, dogmatic, and/or repetitive.

I've occasionally taken people off ignore, only to put them back on when it's clear that they haven't changed and I haven't misjudged them.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Senor Rubirosa...a silly misunderstanding in a thread, at an inconvenient time led to a blow up between us, which fortunately we rectified several months later, and he is one of the best, kindest, smartest and cleverest posters here....not to mention he thinks i am totally awesome, which i agree with completely.
Yes, now that you mention it, Flashy ... we did have a misunderstanding, and I'm glad it's rectified.
And of course you are awesome, and even nice ... which is why I continue to send tribute money.:biggrin1:

I initially had a problem with the late and in some corners lamented Xcuze, but I grew to like the lad. Very sharp edges, but he was actually quite perceptive and really could lay his defences down, if you got to know him.

That seems just about it. There may be others, but they don't come to mind.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I didn't like Flashy much at first. His views regarding mid-east politics really put me off him. I still don't agree with him on that, but as time has past, I see there is more to him and enjoy his posts and I think we could be friends on the outside.

HG put me off at first, but I like him as well now.

There isn't really anyone I hate here. I don't know them well enough to hate. Dislike yes, but variety is the spice of life.

There is one individual who I see as having no redeeming qualities and I do wish he'd just go away.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It seems I am generally a pretty good judge of character - at least in terms of my own preferences. I don't really 'hate' anyone here, but I ignore posters whose posts are
1) always on the same topic no matter what the thread is about;
2) designed soley to inflame; and/or
3) unimaginative, dogmatic, and/or repetitive.

I've occasionally taken people off ignore, only to put them back on when it's clear that they haven't changed and I haven't misjudged them.

I second everything Rob just said. One-trick ponies, indeed.

Hate is too strong a term, but the only person I can remember being totally wrong about was BIG_DUDER. I initially mistook his style as being immeasurably imbecilic, but after a while I realized it was actually a pretty well-played character masking a much smarter person than I'd supposed.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dont think I really HATE anyone who has been here. There have been a number who for some reason or other from time to time I found myself at odds with but I dont hate them. I generally try to rectify the situation and if that doesnt work I can only lay it down nice and easy and move on. There are so many here who are delightful that it probably isnt worth knocking yourself out over those who dont work with you.

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
I second everything Rob just said. One-trick ponies, indeed.

Hate is too strong a term, but the only person I can remember being totally wrong about was BIG_DUDER. I initially mistook his style as being immeasurably imbecilic, but after a while I realized it was actually a pretty well-played character masking a much smarter person than I'd supposed.

I hate HazelGod. I hate him. I hate him, because he's unavailable, and I enjoy the friction of his banter that most loathe - though I agree with him more often than I disagree. So that just means I loathe him because is not available.

;)

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hated myself when I first started posting here. But I've grown to understand and appreciate myself over time. Now I talk to myself whenever possible and actually enjoy the times we spend together. Who woulda known!

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
I initially had a problem with the late and in some corners lamented Xcuze, but I grew to like the lad. Very sharp edges, but he was actually quite perceptive and really could lay his defences down, if you got to know him.

I agree ruby, i just did not get Xcuze at first, he grew on me big time and he was a softy deep down, he was so funny and supportive in some respects, i liked him and still miss him.

DC_DEEP, i grew to like him and get along with him, we battled at times and learned to agree to disagree, i miss him about the place.

Jason_els, that guy used to worry me and i was always staying out of the threads if he had posted, that was my own insecurities, i am totally in awe of that man and his knowledge, he is such an interesting guy and is witty too.

All in all, there is a handfull that i still cannot stand and maybe they cannot stand me and thats fair enough, i just stay out of the way, unless i am niggled. :smile:.

Seriously though, i think this is one of the best sites about, some really interesting people on here from all walks of life.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There are certain people in life that we have all met; when they walk into the room they seem to suck all the air out because they need attention or affirmation. Some of the people here who often do the same that I have avoided or not read what they had say because of wanting to avoid their particular brand of drama have persuaded me otherwise recently when I have gone back and read what they were actually trying to say, but I did not want to hear it at the time or perhaps I was not ready to understand what they were trying to say in the way that they were saying it.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
idk if anyone remembers uncut1234, who was banned about two years ago. i hated the dude when he first joined the site and started posting. but after a while we became friends and i kind of grew to like him even though he was a smart-ass. i know a lot of people hated him and probably still do, but he wasn't that bad of a dude in my book. aside from him i can't think of anyone else.
I have to agree, CondomFairy!
Once he grew on me, I enjoyed his Archie Bunker-esque temperament and ability to quote Dave Chappelle. :09: