Who are you voting for?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by atomicTIGER, Nov 2, 2008.

?

Who are you voting for?

Poll closed Nov 6, 2008.
  1. Obama

43 vote(s)
    70.5%
  2. McCain

16 vote(s)
    26.2%
  3. Nader

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. Barr

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. atomicTIGER

atomicTIGER New Member

Who are you voting for?

2. Snakebyte

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'd vote Obama but I can't vote ;)

3. Gl3nn

Gold Member

Same here Snakebyte

4. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Palin 2012. :puke:

Obama.

5. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    No need to worry about Palin in 2012. That is the year that Obama will be RE-elected to his second term.

6. jackfrost

jackfrost Member

obama I know his kind they tell you need change sure bush sucked but change to to who what has he done besides say change??? what has he done as a senator???? if he did something it must be a secret, duval patric in MA is killing MA people with sneeky taxes will the apple fall far from the tree since they are taking speaches from one another macain is no better but i would rather have him than some one that came from knowhere really and biden look like a lying wiesle god help us if he ever had to be president. lying sack of crap . He said he would not run no matter who asked him look he is a running mate???? trust?? not him!!!

7. D_Saleth Scruffytrim

Who are you voting for and why?

8. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
  9. D_Marazion Analdouche

No "None of the Above" option?

10. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

(not that I give a flying fudge but I believe that should be "whom")

right now am leaning to voting as I never have before -- straight ticket; Libertarian

went through a lot of soul-searching, wrestling with the question of whether I would be "throwing my vote away", and decided it would not be

typically I vote different parties for different offices, and may yet do that

neither of the tweedle dee, tweedle dum candidates really address the problems, prospects, and possibilities the nation faces in any meaningful way

#10 B_Nick4444, Nov 2, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  11. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

(not that I give a flying fudge but I believe that should be "whom")

right now am leaning to voting as I never have before -- straight ticket; Libertarian

went through a lot of soul-searching, wrestling with the question of whether I would be "throwing my vote away", and decided it would not be

typically I vote different parties for different offices, and may yet do that

neither of the tweedle dee, tweedle dum candidates really address the problems, prospects, and possibilities the nation faces in any meaningful way

#11 B_Nick4444, Nov 2, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  12. amygdala

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I find it comforting that Obama seems to have a lock on that notoriously "swing demographic," the well-endowed. (pun intended).

13. D_Marazion Analdouche

QTF!

14. mindseye

Gold Member

You may be surprised to know that I support voting for third-party candidates at the top of the ballot. Texas is decidedly not a swing state, so your presidential vote probably wouldn't influence the outcome at all, even if you voted or Obama or McCain, so it doesn't make any sense to suggest that voting for any other candidate would be "throwing [your] vote away". I believe that a strong showing by a third party candidate won't change the outcome of the election (of course), but can have an effect on the course of the national dialogue: The Libertarian candidate won 0.5% of the vote in Texas in 2004. Should Barr win as many as 2% this year in Texas (a sizeable jump), political analysts and consultants in close downstream races will definitely take note of that fact.

That argument, though, doesn't apply to other races. The other races on the ballot are decided by the direct popular vote, and your vote can contribute towards their actual outcome. Texas has an important Senate race, for example, between a Republican incumbent (John Cornyn) and his Democratic challenger (Texas House Representative Rick Noriega). If you really believe there's no difference between the two candidates, you should still want to vote for the Republican, since his seniority as an incumbent will give him more important committee positions and give your state a greater voice in shaping policy. On the other hand, if you don't like the voice Cornyn is bringing to Texas, is a vote for Yvonne Shick, the Libertarian, likely to make a difference?

It's your vote, but if you're leaning towards 'straight ticket Libertarian', I'd urge you to think a little more this weekend about the influence your vote might have in non-Presidential races.

15. hypoc8

hypoc8 Member

I believe we need a "no confidence" vote. IMO neither of these candidates is worth a crap. As far as "throwing your vote away" as some people call it I say bullshit. You're voting the way you feel is best and as my dad taught me, it takes two votes to beat yours.

16. atomicTIGER

atomicTIGER New Member

Looks good for Obama--I just want to say to McCain voters--please don't be bitter after Tuesdays landslide.

17. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I'm not worried, Indy, not in the slightest.

18. Principessa

Gold Member

From your lips to God's ears. :cool:

19. D_Marazion Analdouche

What kills me is how people say "we need change" but still vote for either major party. Neither of them has "the interest of the people" at heart and are both contolled by lobbyists and special interests. If people really wanted to vote for change they would look at politicians that are truly bipartisan.

Extremists on either side of the coin have no business running this country, we need TRUE moderates, not posers.

Can't think of too many that have said it more plain and simple as Chris Rock.

YouTube - Chris Rock on political partys

20. hypoc8

hypoc8 Member

Because we have been conditioned to vote for one of the two parties, most people think if they vote for an independant that they are in effect "throwing their vote away". I even heard this on the radio the other morning when a caller said they were voting independant the dj told them they were wasting their vote, so not true.

What gets me is how someone can vote for one party all the time no matter who or what they are voting for. I believe some people would vote for a baboon if it was running under their party. Sad, real sad.

Draft saved Draft deleted