Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mandee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I still have my Oklahoma drivers license and I never did register while I lived there, and since I don't have a Nevada license I can't register here. I need to go get my Nevada license soon. My Oklahoma one expires in May. When I go exchange my license I will be sure to register. I REALLY wish I could vote in this election.

D

deleted213967

Much to my dismay, I learned today that Barr did not support medical marijuana. Dirty, dirty man, I can't vote for thee!

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
(not that I give a flying fudge but I believe that should be "whom")

Although 'who' is the object of the sentence I think you'll find that 'Who are you voting for?' is completely acceptable in modern English (most/all dialects). Personally I would say both 'Who are you voting for? and 'For whom are you voting?' sound better than 'Whom are you voting for?'. The form, while technically correct, has effectively been superseded.

I'm still voting for Mem's mom

Mem is a Palin???? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I voted already for Barack Obama.

On the other hand, I disagree that voting for a third party candidate is throwing your vote away. A vote for a third party candidate is a vote against the highly restrictive two-party system.

I would like to see at least five parties in the ring right up to the end. But as one poster said earlier in the thread, we are conditioned towards a two party system at this moment in our history.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Bob Barr Flip-Flops on Pot
By: Chris Frates
March 28, 2007 04:52 PM EST

Bob Barr, who as a Georgia congressman authored a successful amendment that blocked D.C. from implementing a medical marijuana initiative, has switched sides and become a lobbyist for the Marijuana Policy Project.
But that doesn’t mean he has become a bong-ripping hippie. He isn’t pro-drug, he said, just against government intrusion.
“I, over the years, have taken a very strong stand on drug issues, but in light of the tremendous growth of government power since 9/11, it has forced me and other conservatives to go back and take a renewed look at how big and powerful we want the government to be in people’s lives,” Barr said.
Aaron Houston, the project’s government relations director, said Barr brings a “great deal of credibility, particularly among people on the Republican side of the aisle.”
“He certainly would not have been the first person I would have expected to sign off to us, but I’m very pleased that he has,” Houston said. “I’m very pleased that he has come around, and I hope he serves as an example to his former colleagues.”
Ironically, Barr said he will help lead the fight to give District residents a say on whether to allow medical marijuana — the very thing the “Barr Amendment” denied them in 1998. He will lobby for the rights of states to set their own medical marijuana policy without federal interference.

The four-term former Republican congressman will also work to unplug a youth anti-drug campaign which a recent study showed actually increased the likelihood that all teens would smoke pot.
“A lot of conservatives have expressed great concern over the taxpayer money that is being wasted on this poorly run advertising campaign,” said Barr, who left Congress in 2003.
Houston said the project is a non-profit that seeks protections for medical marijuana patients and caregivers and advocates no jail time for marijuana use. Barr said there might be “legitimate medical uses of marijuana and we ought not have this knee-jerk reaction against it, and people ought to be allowed to explore.”
He said “explore” — not experiment.
© 2008 Capitol News Company, LLC

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
im voting for Obama the same goes for hubby, my grandparents, his parents, one of my sisters, the other one is a nut. my sons said they wish they could vote, they are still in their teens. i told them by his second term they can vote.