Who cares what the people want? Not bush!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by madame_zora, Jan 15, 2007.

1. madame_zora

Gold Member

Interesting, but I thought we supposedly hired a president to represent the will of the people. Not so in this regime. THIS "president" is a monarch, so I guess he really doesn't HAVE to give a flying fuck how we feel.

In all honestly, I see very little difference between him and Saddam Hussein. Regardless of what transpires, I believe they deserve the same end.

Bush's Iraq plan to go ahead despite public opposition. 15/01/2007. ABC News Online

In the United States, the Bush administration says it is untroubled by public opposition to the plan to send more than 20,000 additional troops to Iraq.
    Opinion polls show the majority of Americans oppose President George W Bush's plan to send more troops to Iraq.

2. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

This line bothered me: ""You cannot simply stick your finger up in the wind and say, 'gee, public opinion's against. We better quit'," he said." Isn't that his job as a ruler? to listen to the wants of the people. How much longer is he president?

3. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

These sounds more like the words of a dictator than of a democratically elected head of state.

4. chicagosam

Gold Member

Except that one is still alive. One is hung, and the other one wishes he was.

5. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Now now...

6. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Fixed that for you Sam.:wink:

7. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

I wish I still had the energy to be upset at him. As it is, I am just counting down his last days.

8. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I sympathize with you all... they came into power with a rigged election and maintained their power with a coup (9/11)... notice I didn't say Bush, because he takes his orders just like the rest of us... in fact, I could care less about him... it's the powers that pull his strings we should be worried about... Bushes will come and go... but those bastards aren't going ANYWHERE without a good old French style revolution!!!!!!!!!!! You liberal lpsger's FUCKING ROCK!!!!!!

9. meatpackingbubba

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    While I don't ascribe to the conspiracy theory put forth here, or that the election was rigged, or the 9/11 was staged as a coup d'etat, there is little question that George Bush and his administration have been a disaster, plain and simple. Hubris and incompetence top the list of shortcomings. His latest address to the nation was a very sorry performance and he continues to paint himself and this country into a corner with his definition of victory in Iraq.

An interesting opinion piece written by Robert Kaiser and which is worth reading appeared in "The Washington Post" yesterday, Sunday, January 14. Also an opinion piece by George Will (an arch-conservative and harsh critic of Bush's war policy) can be found there as well.

washingtonpost.com

10. Principessa

Gold Member

On his first inauguration day I was living in Massachusetts and told anybody who would listen that the people eho had voted for him had made a HUGE mistake. I believed then that he would treat his term in office as a way to avenge and please his father. I also mentioned he wasn't smart enough to be the education president.

Damned if I wasn't 110% right! I hate being right all the time, sometimes. :rolleyes:
    Maybe this is what it means to be 86% Indigo...:biggrin1:

PS - The empereor has no clothes on his body! Yet he struts around as if wearing Armani!?

11. madame_zora

Gold Member

Oh goodie. Exactly what conspiracy theory was put forth here, in this little post?

Not believing the election was rigged, despite literally mountains of evidence just means you are ignorant, which is not the same as stupid. If you must hang on to that ridiculous idea, then there's really no reason to wonder at the rest of your political views, nor your preference for politeness over reality.

In the end it won't matter. bush's extreme disregard for humanity will speak for itself. Even the very slow ones in the room will catch on eventually. Oh, if we could have only bound and gagged this man six years ago and threw him into the bottom of a well, what a different world we could have had. Very few figures in history have had such a tragic effect on a promising culture. Fuck that guy, why couldn't Laura have hit HIM in a drunked "accident"?

12. Principessa

Gold Member

That's because the first time around he was appointed by the Supreme Court. There was nothing democratic about his arrival in the White House in January of 2001.

13. chicagosam

Gold Member

Yes, you did! Good one, Dave!

How about this: We just have him fixed! A neutered animal is much more passive.

14. madame_zora

Gold Member

Shit, why didn't we think of that sooner? *gets out garden snips*

15. chicagosam

Gold Member

*avoiding the garden snips*

Fuck! Why didn't we think of this sooner:

MADAME ZORA
    FOR PRESIDENT
    IN 2008!

We could launch an LPSG campaign with her as our candidate!

Her campaign slogan: "She'll whip this country into shape, ya fucktards!"

Who can we nominate as a running mate for Vice President? Please submit nominations in this thread.

*as her male bitch, he drops his pants and begins "campaign managing" MZ*

16. madame_zora

Gold Member

I could do it, yanno. I have *almost* as long a record as bush.

Or I could just threaten to breathe cunt all over the lot of 'em.

Thanks for that.:biggrin1:

I'm gonna need a lot of managing *pulls curtains*

17. chicagosam

Gold Member

And it's long been on record that you have a Bush!:biggrin1:
    What is this fragrance gently wafting? Eau de cologne de Madame Zora entitled "Love is in the air!
    Anytime, Baby! I'm your bitch!
    *unzips revealing a huge campaign contribution rising swiftly to agrressively drive home a huge victory for the eager candidate*

18. meatpackingbubba

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    This one, Madame Zora. I said that I don't ascribe to it. You may believe it all you want.

19. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Do you deny that his first term of office was a supreme court appointment rather than an election?

20. Principessa

Gold Member

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not at all I said that in my original post. Why deny a fact? Unless of course you want to be exactly like the man you allegedly loathe.
    #12 - That's because the first time around he was appointed by the Supreme Court. There was nothing democratic about his arrival in the White House in January of 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted