B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
entitled to privacy?
i guess rationalization tops respect.
:smile:

hottest pic threads.. i don't participate in those either.
Oh don't go getting all grumpatsic on me:wink::tongue:. Everyone has the right to privacy. HOWEVER if they are putting up naked pics on a public form, then they should expect that some part of there life is gonna be public. Same if they show up in chat and cam. As fP pointed out, even if you are hidden or in private you still show up as on cam on the main board. Personal resonsibillity needs to come into play at some point.

Ok, as an example i will use the blogs. As you know, I was an avid blogger. Now mine were public, and I had no right to bitch if people saw a public blog. However I could have made them private, restricting it to only those people I wished to share with (in this case my friends) BUUUUUUUTTTTTT the blog still appears in the side bar of the main page. Oh wait, actually it is visible unless I am at my or someone else's profile. It stays visible, TITLE and all, until it gets bumped down off the splash bar, yes? Anyone who happens to be looking then can see that i blog and an approximation of what I am blogging about (if I choose a tittle that is indicative of what is in the blog.)

I cannot then complain if someone, in a thread, comments that I blog. It's obvious I do. I can't even really get mad if all of them are private and one of my friends comments that they like my blog because of the rich detail, or sexy/silly tone. The have not really given anything away. Now if they started describing SPECIFIC things I wrote about, from a private blog, that is a totally different matter. That would be a breach of privacy much like printing PM's or emails that I sent them without there permission.*

*before you point out that I skated that in my intro thread I would like to point out that A) I posted MY email to the friend I was addressing, not their email, and B) it contained NOTHING that is not a matter of public record (in this case the fact he had shaved his pubes: He has a PUBLIC gallery that includes the pics). My comment was one that, had I been a member here at the time, I would have posted DIRECTLY under said pics.

What has this to do with camming? Everything. As has been mentioned, even if you go in invisible, and change your cam status so no one in the room can see it, the fact that your cam is on STILL registers on the main pages. Knowing that, one has to take some responsibility in the slight invasion of privacy that occurs. In fact they themselves are relinquishing a bit of their privacy in order to cam (or blog, or post pics), even in private.

The other threads you mentioned? It's not just the "Whose hot" that can be compared to the breach of privacy, but the ones of "Who have you met in person", "who would you like to meet" (which invariably results in the who people have actually already met), "Which member would you like to see" (again people will start listing people they have seen and comment on them), and on and on.

I recall one such thread where people were commenting on Petite. They were describing her, her apparel, etc (general comments for the most part, in the same vain as the ones fP used here to describe her favorite cammers) and she seemed to have not only no issue, but commented back, in a positive manner. Why do I use Petite as an example? Simply put she is the MOST private person I know. Being her friend I respect that privacy and go above and beyond to ensure that. Unless something she said was in a public thread, I don't mention it. I tend to use her as benchmark of sorts, lol I would assume that in the event you cammed with a person, they would have to be fairly close to you, and would know of your desire for privacy and not to mention camming sessions unless prior consent form you was given. If they still breach that social contract with you, then they either slipped up unintentionally, or deliberately and you can then handle it in whatever way you see fit (within the realms of the TOS) This may be a PM, an in thread "not cool dude" or if it was intentional and malicious, a report to the mods and admins.

Yes, privacy and a persons right to it (my bad for using entitled), is of utmost concern. If anyone has any questions, concerns or doubts, they can ask the person if it is OK that they reveal whatever (I do so all the damn time, the only time i haven't being the aforementioned intro post)

Oh and like public albums, blogs, and cam sessions: if anyone participates in these, then they cannot act like whiny little twits and complain that people know they have pics, blogs, or cam sessions going.

Those who make such things private should be aware that even then it is not as private as they think.

There is always SOME form of public account that will alert people to what you are doing (just not the details of what is going on. The pics could be of cakes and pets, the cam sessions could be someone being walked through an exercise routine, and the blog could just be something that the blogger thought others outside the circle would just not have to see, like say the details of a colonoscopy) Something for all of us to keep in mind.

*braces for ML to beat the living crap out of me*

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
we happen to disagree, nothing to beat the living crap out of anyone over.

Last edited:

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
we happen to disagree, nothing to beat the living crap out of anyone over.
Ok, baring the bacterial life in crap, if my crap were living in a weird parasitic, alien monster sort of way, please get it out of me by whatever means necessary! You have my permission to beat it out of me!

Or take me to the doctors, lol:biggrin1::tongue: whatever is most convenient lol

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's been a long time since I've viewed a cam on here. But I have fond memories of someone languidly bathing, and dancing in her underwear on a southern verandah in the evening....

I'm gay, but you can see cock on cam almost anywhere on the internet. One of the delights of LPSG is the real women who'll open their cams to share their personalities. I can only imagine the effect this has on their straight male admirers...

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not the best example to use. I really don't want people to describe my appearance.

I think I remember the post that Nico was referring to and if I remember correctly, there was one big incorrect detail that actually made me feel better that I did not bother to correct. (Please don't put a link up to it here, I'd rather people not go and read it.) :tongue::wink::biggrin:

If someone innocently revealed details about me that I didn't want known, I might not come in to the thread and criticize because it's too late to do anything about it and I certainly wouldn't want to publicly shame them if they didn't intend any harm towards me. If I was afraid that person might do it again, I might privately PM them to let them know that there are things I don't want known. It depends on the circumstances. I have so many posts that I think things like that might get buried under the sheer bulk of them. :redface:

Like MickeyLee, I wouldn't want people to include my name in a thread like this and I would consider it a violation of my privacy. I would want someone to ask me first.

I only show my face on cam when I'm in video chat and I'm usually not talking about penises or sex, so I don't think it's fair to assume that someone "cams" just because their name appears in video chat. I know a lot of other people do the same thing. Having one's name appear there isn't tantamount to a confession that someone is actually "camming." Lots of times me and another woman here have gotten a room just to chat! Actually chat.

Last edited:

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not the best example to use. I really don't want people to describe my appearance.

I think I remember the post that you're referring to and if I remember correctly, there was one big incorrect detail that actually made me feel better that I did not bother to correct. (Please don't put a link up to it here, I'd rather people not go and read it.)

If someone innocently revealed details about me that I didn't want known, I might not come in to the thread and criticize because it's too late to do anything about it and I certainly wouldn't want to publicly shame them if they didn't intend any harm towards me. If I was afraid that person might do it again, I might privately PM them to let them know that there are things I don't want known. It depends on the circumstances.

Like MickeyLee, I wouldn't want people to include my name in a thread like this and I would consider it a violation of my privacy. I would want someone to ask me first.

I only show my face on cam when I'm in video chat and I'm usually not talking about penises or sex, so I don't think it's fair to assume that someone "cams" just because their name appears in video chat. I know a lot of other people do the same thing. Having one's name appear there isn't tantamount to a confession that someone is actually "camming." Lots of times me and another woman here have gotten a room just to chat! Actually chat.
Actually it was a rather innocous descriotion, more along the lines of flattery. I will pm you with what the description I remember is. I hope you know I wouldn't post that here! :eek:

Chatting is one thing, camming another, and sexual camming a third. In this instance it ws a show offy sexy camming that fP was refering to. Maybe we need to come up with a word that denotes sex camming? Oh well i guess we do have a word "video chat" would to me, be along the lines of chatting with no sexy business goin on. Camming makes nude body parts jiggling and being deliciously abused my their owners for the perverted pleasure of the viewing audience.

So maybe we should say that in reference to these things, that distinction would help. So I could say "I had a lovely video chat with subgirrl": (I NEVER HAVE HAD A VIDEO CHAT WITH SUBGIRRL, i am just using her as a hypothetical, lol) and one should interpret as "Oh i had a pleasant virtual conversation where we discussed various mundane things"

If I said "I cammed with subgirrl" (I HAVE NEVER CAMMED WITH SUBGIRRL! lol)it would indicate someone or both were nekkid and doing possibly naughty things!

So the on cam label is misleading. I am glad you brought that up as i had not thought of it:redface:

Actually Petite, your way of handling it would be what we all should do. I believe I mentioned options in my post. All of them dependent on the intent of the poster.

But i don't think a "I saw BLANK on cam and they were hot" if the person is known to cam, and does so on a public cam, well really, what is the harm with situation? It would be one thing if the person was hidden from showing the cam status in the chat room, had no public albums up, no public vids, and are not discussing what they are doing on cam in the general chat room. Then I would be alongside the "That's not cool" group.

If they are doing all of that except they are describing what is going on in the general chat (the handful of times I have gone, it happened at least half the damn time) then their right to complain drops. If they have the cam icon visible, and are being private, then their privacy is a bit stronger than if they are cam icon hidden but blabbin the details. Lastly, if they have a damn open cam (the one where ya click and it pops open, no wait)and...no we really don't have to go further. They forfit ALL right to complain about people mentioning them in a thread like this.

You two lovely ladies (Petite and ML) have made it clear you are the private type people. I would assume that anyone you would video chat with or if you ever cammed with would understand that they must clear things with you first before posting them.

For me personally, as long as someone did not make it sound as though I was doing things I was not (say i only showed my face and they were like "Nico was taking 3 guys to the elbow!") and did not describe me in detail ("Nico is pretty cute" vs "Nico has striking auburn hair and deep green eyes" (I don't, but needed an example)), and if they didn't get into the specifics of what we discussed if it was a private session..then I am fine with it.

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Can ANY mods jump in with their opinion?

I think it would be nice to hear, as it could potentially keep us from unintentionally screwing up.

What are your takes on this?:confused:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
:confused:

my privacy objection wasn't a slam against the thread or any folks participating. was just a heads up, with a lil personal perspective, on respecting the rights of the folks you cam with.

ya know.. err on the side of caution with a friendly heads-up prior to posting their name.

not sure Mod intervention/commentary is really necessary. seems fairly civil going on so far.

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
Can ANY mods jump in with their opinion?

I think it would be nice to hear, as it could potentially keep us from unintentionally screwing up.

What are your takes on this?:confused:

if you are looking for clarification of rules, Nico... I've not overstepped any bounds here. The only thing I can find is this:

Publication of the personally identifiable information of individuals without their consent - This means real names, contact details, addresses, dates of birth, place of business and so on, and includes the distribution of such information via the forum, chat room, private message, instant chat message and linking to the information being held elsewhere via this site. Should you wish to post your own address and/or contact numbers, we request that you ask members to get in touch privately to request this information.

This is not in question and has not been shared. I've been careful not to use personal information.

The discussion about privacy (and how different people interpret it) has taken this thread in a totally different direction from its intent. So many times guys give kudos to the females here for various reasons (mostly having to do with looks, attitude, or personality).... I just thought I'd return the favor.... Had NO IDEA it would turn into such a major issue of privacy... :eek:

Thank you all for twisting this thread and deterring any further "kudos" for great cammers.

To each his own. . . I suppose ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:confused:

my privacy objection wasn't a slam against the thread or any folks participating. was just a heads up, with a lil personal perspective, on respecting the rights of the folks you cam with.

ya know.. err on the side of caution with a friendly heads-up prior to posting their name.

not sure Mod intervention/commentary is really necessary. seems fairly civil going on so far.
I didn't take it as such. My brain works...weird. i tend to latch onto little facets and want to dissect each possible meaning. I am truly sorry for my part in derailing this thread.

And i didn't want like a ruling or anything. I agree it has been civil. However i just wanted to see what they thought about the issues brought up is all. If indeed any issues exist.

I am not explaining myself well today. I am surprised no one has told me to fuck off yet, lol

if you are looking for clarification of rules, Nico... I've not overstepped any bounds here. The only thing I can find is this:

Publication of the personally identifiable information of individuals without their consent - This means real names, contact details, addresses, dates of birth, place of business and so on, and includes the distribution of such information via the forum, chat room, private message, instant chat message and linking to the information being held elsewhere via this site. Should you wish to post your own address and/or contact numbers, we request that you ask members to get in touch privately to request this information.

This is not in question and has not been shared. I've been careful not to use personal information.

The discussion about privacy (and how different people interpret it) has taken this thread in a totally different direction from its intent. So many times guys give kudos to the females here for various reasons (mostly having to do with looks, attitude, or personality).... I just thought I'd return the favor.... Had NO IDEA it would turn into such a major issue of privacy... :eek:

Thank you all for twisting this thread and deterring any further "kudos" for great cammers.

To each his own. . . I suppose ... :rolleyes:
I don't think it was intended. I had my part in the derailment. For that i am sorry.

I don't cam, and really can't remember whose cam i watched to tell you the truth. Well I can mention Cath, as he has already outed himself. I watched him a few times. But not all of those were nekkid sexy cams, lol

If I could remember more who were certifiable camwhores (said in the nicest way), I would list them. One does not frequent here anymore, and I am not sure of the other.

I hope those thread can return to the direction and intent it was meant, though people should keep things brought up if they are going to mention non public open cam cammers.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In my few years here on LPSG chat, I guess my most memorable chats were when I first got here and was just trying to fit it to see if I was welcome or even liked being here. HCT, Nubian, Madam R, Welfed S. and I think XYZ come to mind from my first week or so here

I have made some great online friends and have chatted / typed many an hour away here, toooooo many names to list all. Good people one and all

I have had some great Great times camming here, I will not list names but you know who you are :wink::wink::wink:. I gentleman never tells.

PS: my most memorable cam night was within my first month here and a Female member took a shower on Cam, no names. but she knows who she is. I remember my first pair of LPSG Bewbies i was allowed to see.

Many firsts, and I hope many many more. What was the topic again ??

Ro

I don't know anyone here yet. So all I'll say is that I enjoy camming with some of the younger guys I meet on Yahoo and on Cam4. Cam4 is amazing to find hot guys.

Hey Harry. I'm also on Cam4 as "luvbigcox." Love camming there. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Good enough. I just "took care of business" with a hot Englishman there. Thanks for the shout out.