Who do you talk to ...

B_lrgeggs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
When there is no one to talk to.

Every once in a while it seems that strangers are the best people to talk to on issues that the people in your own life don't understand. Some how
going to professionals don't help. While there is a duty of confidentialty,
the government seems to barge in there too. I am only asking in a general sence, I don't need to speak to anyone now. But I know there are times when I could have used someone and I am sure others can relate to this issue as well. But whatever thoughts or comments one might have about this...I invite you to share them here.

HungThickProf

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I believe that you should always be able to turn to your friends. If you feel that your friends would judge you and turn their backs on you, then they're not your friends and you're wasting your time. I always welcome people to converse with me, but I don't appreciate whining and I'm not going to tell you what you want to hear, but what you need to hear.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
While I like to separate whining from sharing, I do let my best friends whine for as long as they need. Here's the difference: I don't respond when they whine. If they truly share something that's really bothering them then I'll do whatever I can to help.

I had a coach in college who told me I would make a good therapist. I told her I was too messed up myself! LOL! I was a single mom, 24, and only knew I wanted a degree. She was the one I confided in and shared all my troubles. After I graduated I sought her out of the crowd and hugged her so tightly. Then she thanked me for sitting and listening to her all those times. I was so confused. I thought she was sitting and listening to me!

You just never know.

EmJay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
lpsg.org and enotalone.com...everything else is either talked about with friends or family..or kept to myself...

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
LPSG is my only place where I can really share myself. I have great conversations with the people here but when it comes to discussing my problems I usually keep it to myself. I don't ask for advice because I'm one of those people who will complain but never actually DO anything about it. I know how annoying that is so I just keep my mouth (well, fingers) shut.

There are plenty of people in the world much, much worse off than I am. In fact, in a lot of areas I have it pretty damn easy, so for me to complain would just be white whine.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I met my best friend (besides my partner) the first year I was in college, we talk about everything and everyone. We talk about things adults should not even talk about anymore (We both bring out the youthful joie de vivre in each other) I can't imagine anything that we could not talk to each other about; and we do it almost daily either on the telephone or by e-mail.

FeroxFemina

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I met my best friend (besides my partner) the first year I was in college, we talk about everything and everyone. We talk about things adults should not even talk about anymore (We both bring out the youthful joie de vivre in each other) I can't imagine anything that we could not talk to each other about; and we do it almost daily either on the telephone or by e-mail.

That sounds amazing, I wish I had that.

I used to, but he is now my ex (he was unfaithful for 5 years). I love being friends with my lovers, it's important to me. But when you lose the lover, you lose the friend too.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Strangely enough I know some guys who do not "like" to talk to others to express their frustrations or to share their problems. I used to think that it was a macho issue or something like that but have discovered it is altogether different. Some guys simply don't have very good communication skills, so for them trying to use words to express emotions is almost painful just in itself. It's not that they don't want to share, they just can't do it. Where most women and some men get a release or satisfaction from communicating their intimate feelings, many men get nothing or can't seem to cope with the process itself. With guys who are like this, I usually just do some physical or sports-related activity with them. That's how they're able to "get it all out".

Last edited:

luvmycock

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I believe that you should always be able to turn to your friends. If you feel that your friends would judge you and turn their backs on you, then they're not your friends and you're wasting your time. I always welcome people to converse with me, but I don't appreciate whining and I'm not going to tell you what you want to hear, but what you need to hear.

love it:smile:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can talk to my mum or my best friend about almost anything. I talk them in detailed ways about sex very often, so I come here for that. I also have a psychologist I see once every 6 weeks or so. I think I've got all bases covered.

travisblue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i talk to google. it tells me everything i want to know, and anything i want to hear. people are too fucked up. they're still fun to be with sometimes though, mostly because they're fucked up.

VernalTiger

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm quite emotionally closed, but I can talk to my boyfriend about most issues.

I also have slightly detached friends who I can open up to more. The friends that I have known the longest and see most frequently I can't tell about the most recent developments in my life - my open relationship, online dating, LPSG, big penises, casual sex.

My blog also comes in handy for getting stories off my chest.

EmJay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

You are a very fortunate man...you only need one person like that in your life..just one..:smile:

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
why, lpsg, of course :tongue: Actually I began my Druid helpline ministry, the Healing Line, in an effort to be a dispassionate but considerate listening service for those who need someone to talk to. Yet I get very few calls. Most people may want an 'anonymous' respondent, but in fact are even shy of talking to an actual person on the other end of the phone.

I have since extended the outreach to include email and post office box for those incarcerated.

As a rule of thumb though, it is better not to have secrets which bother you and yet you feel the need to hide. That means guilt is in the mix, and that's a warning sign. Please try not to do things for which you feel guilt in the first place. But if it has happened, your anonymous confession and easing of the isolation is a help.