• Palin

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 7 9.1%

• Total voters

pym

Just Browsing
Media
Biden, for stream of conciousness, common sense, from the voice of experiance. Palin's answers ALL reeked of rehearsal, and i believe that even as she addressed questions, she was referencing CLIFF notes on her podium!

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i voted unsure... cause I thought it was rather split.

Ifill was fair during the moderation... but the choice of questions... purely liberal.

pym

Just Browsing
Media
i voted unsure... cause I thought it was rather split.

Ifill was fair during the moderation... but the choice of questions... purely liberal.

Help a brotha out here, what would a CONSERVATIVE line of questioning have sounded like??!!:confused:

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
good question, Palin was doing well but then Biden started to cry, so it's a toss up

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
At least Palin didn't put her heel in her mouth, but Biden answered questions..very well...and she just regurgitated talking points.

Still, it was a better debate overall than the first Pres debaate, I would want to watch these two debate again.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No clear winner, but Biden did respond with more clarity and constantly dogged McCain.

Also, as I predicted the other day, Palin did not crash and burn.

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I will admit, Palin did very well. I thought she came on strong on the energy points. But then the foreign policy questions came along and Palin looked like a
"caribou in the headlights"....repeating talking points and saying "aww shucks I am an outsider"...a real turnoff for me.

So yeah Palin was good, but Biden did better.

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
In the only other State that begins with "K"!
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
and let's not forget that she thought Dick Cheny has done a great job of re-defining the Vice Presidency AND thinks that the VP should be given even more "authority." Truthfully --- because she had to go FIRST in answering that question it was no wonder she totally blew it. In fact -- I taped the debate and plan to re-watch it. Each time it was her turn to go first she really just answered the question she wanted to (didn't even address any "achilles" heel faults)...........and when she had to go 2nd, hardly any original thoughts to ADD to the discussion, just more of the "talking points" they've been hammering away at for weeks.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Neither answered the questions, so it came down to personality.

And Biden won. Both with the choke up, and with the "never question your opponent's motives"

His voice was soft, calm and cool. Hers was ratcheted and desperate.

She won the expectations game, but still lost the debate.

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

And Biden won. Both with the choke up, and with the "never question your opponent's motives"

I agree NE.

However...Understanding why Biden had to be careful not to appear too aggressive with Palin, which is the topic for a seperate thread, I do wish that when she stated that part of the McCain/Palin platform included the protection of women's rights, he had confronted her with the assumption of that including a women's right to choose.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Whatever... debate is rhetroic vs actions. Me thinks... er knows you watched with blue colored glasses.

the more I think about it... the more I want Obama to win (sans the Supreme Court Ginsberg-like picks).

wait until interest rates go thru the roof... ARMs get called... and so forth. the $700B bailout isn't going to fix shit... it's to prevent an economy.

Obama will inherit a disastrous economy... and blaming Halliburton won't work 16 months in. I'm already seeing financial advisory strategies to "Obama proof" your portfolio... the deserved wealth will find their ways to protect their well-earned wealth. There will be no revenue for tax-backed programs to buy out middle America foolishly entered into the millions of ARM mortgages that haven't even hit the street yet. Yowza. This is Hurricane Ike... with Katrina backing him up months later.

The current GOP is the most liberal lack-of-foundtation in decades. They need a good reset button.

4 and done, and everyone with their "Got Obama?" "Got Rights?" "GoBama" bumper stickers will start quietly peeling them off circa late 2009... as the bulk of his presidency is spent under a 50% approval rating.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Whatever... debate is rhetroic vs actions. Me thinks... er knows you watched with blue colored glasses.

the more I think about it... the more I want Obama to win (sans the Supreme Court Ginsberg-like picks).

wait until interest rates are starting to go thru the roof... ARMs get called... and so forth. the $700B bailout isn't going to fix shit... it's to prevent an economy.

Obama will inherit a disastrous economy... and blaming Halliburton won't work 16 months in. I'm already seeing financial advisory strategies to "Obama proof" your portfolio... the deserved wealth will find their ways to protect their well-earned wealth. There will be no revenue for tax-backed programs to buy out middle America foolishly entered into the millions of ARM mortgages that haven't even hit the street yet. Yowza. This is Hurricane Ike... with Katrina backing him up months later.

The current GOP is the most liberal lack-of-foundtation in decades. They need a good reset button.

4 and done, and everyone with their "Got Obama?" "Got Rights?" "GoBama" bumper stickers will start quietly peeling them off circa late 2009... as the bulk of his presidency is spent under a 50% approval rating.

corrected for accuracy