Who does NOT want kids?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by wallyj84, Oct 21, 2009.

1. wallyj84

Gold Member

I personally have no interest in having children. I have three reasons for this:

1. I don't want the responsibility of raising a child.
    2. I don't think I would make a good father.
    3. I don't think I have good enough genes to warrant breeding.

Does anyone else share this lack of desire to produce offspring? If so, what are your reasons?

2. invisibleman

Gold Member

I don't want to have kids.

Reasons:

1. Never had that desire to have any kids.
    2. I don't want to help create any sires that I am not certain that I would be able to take care of financially and emotionally.
    3. My family has plenty of kids.
    4. You will have to love women and put up with women to sire a child with them. I don't have that capacity within me. (Women shouldn't be offended by this. I don't have that kind of espirit within me. That is just me.)

3. Man-thango

Man-thango Member

I complete agree with you both and might I add that judging from the trash you call people coming up now I don't want to add to the polluted gene pool of humanity. I sincerely believe that the human race in and of itself is a failed experiment that needs to come to an end abruptly.

4. Cougar

Cougar New Member

Albums:
    I'm 50 and as long as I remember, I never wanted kids and I never did, coming out at 19 as a Lesbian kept the possibilities of it happening minimal.

1. Mostly it is because I never had a motherly instinct ever kick in.

2. I can barely take care of myself.

3. I think you have to get married and have sex with the same guy for 18 years and that instict never kicked in either.

4. As a young girl I saw a "Life" magazine photo expose' on a woman having a baby,
    blood and all that nasty stuff and I thought..........."no fucking way!"

#4 Cougar, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  5. sargon20

Gold Member

I think the population clock says it all:

World Population Clock

Exactly how long can the planet sustain us? Or do we just keep going until we kill the planet and ourselves.

6. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Having a kid was the best thing that ever happened to me and the world is a better place because she is alive. I would not change one second of my life up to the moment of her conception if it meant that that sperm and egg would not meet.

I agree that some people should not procreate. Each to their own.

7. D_Roderick Beresford Stiffington IV

At the current pace my life is going, I don't think I'll ever be able to afford having a kid in the conditions I want to. So unless I find myself very comfortable fianancially at some point in the future I doubt it'll ever happen. I've seen some people who have good middle class jobs earning a respectable salary still struggle with bills and things when they have kids, I can't handle all that nonsense.

8. DGirl

Gold Member

good post by ALL of you so far..

9. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    I DO want to have kids. :) But whether it'll happen or not remains to be seen.

I understand the reasons (I think?) for people not wanting kids tho, and that's perfectly fine - it's up to the individual to decide.

10. whatireallywant

Gold Member

That's kind of like me, although I didn't come out as a lesbian (Everyone where I grew up just thought I was - and were homophobic! - because I was a nontraditional female).

I can definitely relate to #'s 1 and 2 though! Those are my reasons. I've never had a maternal instinct (and I'm 46, you'd think if I was going to have that kick in, it would've happened before now. :biggrin1:), and I like peace and quiet - kids are just too noisy! And then the part about barely being able to take care of myself... yes, especially now with my financial problems, plus I'm very un-domestic and my place is a mess! (I don't like that though - I've always dreamed of having enough money to hire someone to clean my house for me!) Another thing is that I had an unhappy childhood, and want to do the "fun" things now that I missed out on before! (I mean, granted I don't necessarily want to do "kiddie stuff" but more like fun stuff that people in their early to mid-twenties tend to do before they settle down and have kids. Although, where I grew up, just about everyone already had kids by their late teens, and acted "old" even when they were young! Me, I'm going to be young acting when I'm old! :smile:)

I'm open to the marriage and having sex with the same guy for 18 years, actually, believe it or not. But it isn't something I dwell on. I'm open to all the possibilities ranging from something more casual, all the way up to something that will last me for the rest of my life. It just depends on who I happen to meet. What I dwell on is more the immediate... finding someone to go out with, but I don't really think ahead too far. I take it one day at a time when it comes to dating and such.

#10 whatireallywant, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  11. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

I don't want children, because:

1. I really don't like them, they freak me out. I don't like the way they seem to share certain characteristics with pets, but that they have human emotions and human minds. I don't like the way they are completely dependent on you and how delicate they are. They're boring too, you can't have decent conversation with them, nor can you enjoy the grown up pleasures of life with them, drinking, smoking, staying out late, all of those kinds of things.

2. I think I had what ever Fatherly instincts I had satisfied as a kid when circumstances forced me to help raise my little sister. I certainly have no instincts of that kind now and don't anticipate ever having any again.

3. I'd make an incredibly strict and demanding parent. Almost Victorian actually, my kids would need to be really well mannered, and properly behaved especially in public. I'd also expect them to be independent and self reliant at a really early age ( like I was ) there would be no using my credit card to go shopping in their teens.

4. I'm also way too selfish, secretive, and cold to be a good parent.

12. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

i don't want kids... right now, anyway. maybe in like 10 or 20 years, but not right now. maybe my view will change as i get older... all i know is i can't see it fitting into my life any time soon. as much as i love children, i don't have the yearning to want to be a mother... as if my biological clock is ticking anyway.

like invisi also mentioned, my extended family has tons of kids too. i don't mind having them around and taking them out for a day at the park. besides, someone's gotta be the relative who gets all the kids hyped up on candy and teaches everyone about water balloon fights. as long as i can give children back at the end of the day, i'll be fine. i have a strict no-refund policy when it comes to that :biggrin1:

13. exwhyzee

Gold Member

Unborn children everywhere will heave a sigh of relief knowing that I will not be their father.

14. invisibleman

Gold Member

Even though, I have had my fair share of hate from peeps. I wouldn't want the human race to end. There are some really, really wonderful people out there. But they are hard to see from all of life's static.

15. Hand_Solo

Gold Member

I have absolutely no desire to have children whatsoever.

16. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

I think kids are wonderful, but I have never had a biological urge to bear children, which makes my fertility¬Ö well, God has a sense of humor. :rolleyes:

17. wallyj84

Gold Member

Lots of great replies here.

Another question, for those of you who don't want kids, is there anything that could happen to change your mind?

18. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

The majority of people who have kids are those who do so without even questioning whether it's a good idea.

19. Cougar

Cougar New Member

Albums:

OMG....Hilaire, I love these sentences!!! LOL! I totally relate.

20. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't want kids even tho I almost had one. My ex had an abortion when we broke up. I don't want kids right now 14 yrs later but I would have been a good dad. I'm patient, a good listener and I'm big kid also. Also having kids is a chance to get it right. And by that I mean you can be to your kids what you think your parents weren't to you. I don't think I'd like going thru the first 6 years much, tho I would have endured it. You've got to teach your kids resposability, humility, respect and to have a sense of humor even if it's a bit...twisted.

Draft saved Draft deleted