Who does NOT want kids?

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Another question, is there anything that could happen to change your mind?

Yeah, the following conditions would make me change my mind about having children:
1. If the world economy as a whole was stable and fruitful for everyone to sustain them and their progeny.

2. If I had the capacity and the espirit to love a woman and for her to love me to the point of having children and to be able to sustain them financially, emotionally, and psychologically.

3. I want everyone in the world to be happier and productive citizens.

4. A world without war. A world without frustration. A world without prejudice. When people finally take a look at themselves and feel that we all are one and no better. Humility.

5. Religious beliefs to have less power and merit given to them. People do give up a lot of their personal potential and power. And religion can blind one to potential ideas.

6. Education to be valued by all. Everybody should read. Know how to write. Learn how to learn. Be free to learn with an open mind and without adherence to one point of view.

7. Arts and sciences should be learned. Some things are difficult. But learning to learn as simply as you can and then learn the difficulties.

8. When the world loses its interest in reality shows and some programs on SPIKE TV.

9. Affordable health insurance for all.

10. If reason two happened while I was really young and I had financial support for a family, I would have at least two kids. A son and a daughter. (Wishful thinking, eh?)

Last edited:

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I didn't want kids for years. Every time I asked parents what they really thought about parenting they would always rush to reply something like: "Oh, it's the greatest. I wouldn't have it any other way."

And those parents always looked weary and stressed out to me.

So I avoided it for years before eventually changing my mind.

Those parents actually were happy and they actually were weary and stressed out.

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I've been think about this of late... and I'm confused by it.

I agree with much of what's been said. I too do not feel like I could be a parent, but then I thought, so what's the point?

No relationship, no love, no kids... it all seems a little unachieved somehow.

When I'm sixty, who will be there for me?

Last edited:
Media
I think the population clock says it all:

World Population Clock

Exactly how long can the planet sustain us? Or do we just keep going until we kill the planet and ourselves.

With all the plastic floating around in the ocean, I tend to agree.

I would not mind having a child if the situation was right, but to what kind of world would I be condemning that child to live in? :confused:

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
I think the population clock says it all:

World Population Clock

Exactly how long can the planet sustain us? Or do we just keep going until we kill the planet and ourselves.

What do you mean, "us"?

There are plenty of people already starving to death or otherwise suffering from an environment that is inhospitable to them.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that my hypothetical issue will be among the last to starve.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I agree with much of what's been said. I too do not feel like I could be a parent, but then I thought, so what's the point?

I've thought about that myself and almost wanted to have a kid JUST for that reason, but I've been told that that's not a good reason (have a kid to take care of you when you're old). Right now, I'm not even able to take care of myself though - I have difficulty keeping a job and have been sick a lot.

So what I'm looking at in my future is not just no love, no relationships, but also no job and no money. :frown1: I'm likely to become homeless.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Does anyone else share this lack of desire to produce offspring? If so, what are your reasons?
Great thread, Wally! I agree with you on reasons 1 and 3. Sometimes, fate and life circumstances make the prospect of being a parent unappealing. I always knew that being a parent just wasn't for me. Not even close!

For so many people, having kids is a huge part of life. When I was a kid, I thought "I'll go to college, get a good job, get married, have a boy and a girl . . . (what? and live happily ever after?!) Well, that's what I thought. Funny how things change.

I moved to Az when I was 23. I bought a motorcycle, got a decent job, and partied my ass off. Fun and adventure were my 2 priorities. All through my 30s and early 40s, I went to college part time and worked full time. I had fun being a student even though it was a lot of work and took me forever. I could never have done it as a family guy. I love that I'm free and unencumbered. It's been great not having to worry about anyone else. I live by myself and my home is my castle. Some of my friends have kids, and I get along fine with them. Just don't want my own. I have my hands full taking care of myself and doing what I want to do.

As far as kids taking care of you in your old age - don't hold your breath!

Man-thango

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Another reason I won't be having children is that other children are so vindictive and spiteful that they will kill anyone for stupid shit. Case in point: that little boy down in Florida who was lit on fire by his peers who claimed he snitched. I can't bring myself to bring someone into this world who has to deal with such bullshit. Something like that would force me to kill their parents in retribution.

So, until the world becomes just as wonderful as theologians claim heaven to be I won't be having children anytime soon.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media

That's a shame that you'd feel that way. I love my life, my work and my private life are incredibly fullfilling. I earn enough to live comfortably and have no gigantic drains on my time, resources and energies which means that I get to travel and visit friends all over the world, I can go out whenever I want, eat where I like, go to the opera or to a night club or suit myself how I wish. Because I don't have children I have so much more time for my friends and my loved ones which means I never have to be alone if I don't want to be. I love my own company too and have never suffered a moment's lonliness in my life.

I get to spoil people like my little sister and help her out whenever she needs me to, I can give my time to some of the causes I'm interested in because my time is my own.

Even if you do have children and a long term partner you have no guarantee that your old age will be full of love and that you'll be cared for. With all the money I save on not having children I intend to buy myself a luxurious villa in the south of Italy where I'll retire and pay for the best old age care money can buy. I'll dictate my memoires, and sip champagne cocktails among the olive trees and be wheeled off for my evening massage by my handsome male companion Massimiliano and head off in to the grand beyond with a life I loved living behind me.

gordonuk

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am gay but would never want kids. they scream shout and make mess... they ok when they are born but then they have that horrible screaming phase from age 2 to 10 !
They would be ok if they were born then somehow change to age 10 overnight

I would not mind having a child if the situation was right, but to what kind of world would I be condemning that child to live in? :confused:

I see what you mean - but I kinda think our kids could help to change things. Maybe things are all doomed to get worse, but I still think there's every reason to give it a go. :smile:

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I see what you mean - but I kinda think our kids could help to change things. Maybe things are all doomed to get worse, but I still think there's every reason to give it a go. :smile:

I agree with this. I tend to think the "don't wan't to bring a child into such a horrible world" argument has merit for someone living in, say a depressed, conflicted part of Africa. But for the vast majority of people with time and resources to be able to "play" on lpsg, the argument falls a bit flat.

That said, if a person doesn't want to have a child, A-OK. Different strokes....

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well...I do have some maternal instincts on me but not want mother no one really...
I find babies cute but have not much patience as they will tired me to much, need constant attention and repetitive stuff until they could fend and learn for themselves etc

I kind of would just want to feel what a pregnant body feels like and how my breast would make milk and breastfeed a tiny baby...I guess I have curiosity to find out my reproductive attributes but not for real...

Well..I guess I am way to selfish and not made to become a mother full time,for life making sacrificies good responsable parents make. Well..I would prefer focus my attention to grown ups and not kids, children, offsprings, etc

BlkWthThk11

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well...I do have some maternal instincts on me but not want mother no one really...
I find babies cute but have not much patience as they will tired me to much, need constant attention and repetitive stuff until they could fend and learn for themselves etc

I kind of would just want to feel what a pregnant body feels like and how my breast would make milk and breastfeed a tiny baby...I guess I have curiosity to find out my reproductive attributes but not for real...

Well..I guess I am way to selfish and not made to become a mother full time,for life making sacrificies good responsable parents make. Well..I would prefer focus my attention to grown ups and not kids, children, offsprings, etc
Hi hon, nothing wrong with not wanting kids, not all women are cut out to have and raise children, I am a single guy no kids probably won't have any but there are already plenty on the planet anyway. I can tell by the way you put words in a sentence that english is probably your second language, where r u from ???

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I firmly believe that my sisters and I represent a genetic cul-de-sac for a very good reason. Any romantic illusions notwithstanding, we'd bear children with some really terrible burdens to shoulder.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can tell by the way you put words in a sentence that english is probably your second language, where r u from ???

Oh yeh..my sentence structure, gramtics etcs are pretty messed up..its the way I write naturaly and will not improve much after all this time learning and not "improving"..I guess even in my own language I do write like a 2nd language also...:rolleyes:..oh well..I am not perfectionista..and people just get used to it..hopefuly you're going to adapt to my ways also...:biggrin1:

Ciao!

Opa...I almost forgot.. I am Brasilian born, Portuguese speaker (so so nowdays).

Thanks.