Who does NOT want kids?

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I personally have no interest in having children. I have three reasons for this:

1. I don't want the responsibility of raising a child.
2. I don't think I would make a good father.
3. I don't think I have good enough genes to warrant breeding.

Does anyone else share this lack of desire to produce offspring? If so, what are your reasons?

I share it.

I don't particularly like children. I find them (for the most part) immensely over-indulged and annoying.

As for my genes I'll let my sister pass those along through her little darlings.:rolleyes:

Bbucko said:
I firmly believe that my sisters and I represent a genetic cul-de-sac for a very good reason. Any romantic illusions notwithstanding, we'd bear children with some really terrible burdens to shoulder..

This too was my primary reason for choosing not to have offspring. I can only wish my sister had shared my conviction.

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't want children, because:
1. I really don't like them, they freak me out. I don't like the way they seem to share certain characteristics with pets, but that they have human emotions and human minds. I don't like the way they are completely dependent on you and how delicate they are. They're boring too, you can't have decent conversation with them, nor can you enjoy the grown up pleasures of life with them, drinking, smoking, staying out late, all of those kinds of things.
2. I think I had what ever Fatherly instincts I had satisfied as a kid when circumstances forced me to help raise my little sister. I certainly have no instincts of that kind now and don't anticipate ever having any again.
3. I'd make an incredibly strict and demanding parent. Almost Victorian actually, my kids would need to be really well mannered, and properly behaved especially in public. I'd also expect them to be independent and self reliant at a really early age ( like I was ) there would be no using my credit card to go shopping in their teens.
4. I'm also way too selfish, secretive, and cold to be a good parent.

I'm like this Irish guy except that I'm not secretive or cold, and also my sister is my twin, not younger.

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah, the following conditions would make me change my mind about having children:
1. If the world economy as a whole was stable and fruitful for everyone to sustain them and their progeny.
2. If I had the capacity and the espirit to love a woman and for her to love me to the point of having children and to be able to sustain them financially, emotionally, and psychologically.
3. I want everyone in the world to be happier and productive citizens.
4. A world without war. A world without frustration. A world without prejudice. When people finally take a look at themselves and feel that we all are one and no better. Humility.
5. Religious beliefs to have less power and merit given to them. People do give up a lot of their personal potential and power. And religion can blind one to potential ideas.
6. Education to be valued by all. Everybody should read. Know how to write. Learn how to learn. Be free to learn with an open mind and without adherence to one point of view.
7. Arts and sciences should be learned. Some things are difficult. But learning to learn as simply as you can and then learn the difficulties.
8. When the world loses its interest in reality shows and some programs on SPIKE TV.
9. Affordable health insurance for all.

10. If reason two happened while I was really young and I had financial support for a family, I would have at least two kids. A son and a daughter. (Wishful thinking, eh?)

I agree with this guy, except that a gay man does not need to love a woman to have children. You can have a surrogate mother or adopt.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am gay but would never want kids. they scream shout and make mess... they ok when they are born but then they have that horrible screaming phase from age 2 to 10 !
They would be ok if they were born then somehow change to age 10 overnight

Heehee... that's what I think too! I refer to it as the "scream at the top of their lungs phase". That's probably the #1 reason I've never wanted kids, too! Although now I have financial reasons as well, plus I'd like to be free to come and go as I please, and when I'm financially better off I want to be more self-indulgent than you can be if you have kids. :biggrin1: