Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't know, really... Somehow in the first 5 min when I meet the person I already know do I like the person or not... That's a complete impression: How does person looks like, the colour of it's voice, intonation, body language, face impression, eyes...don't know, some energy that person carries...Of course, there is no general rule, and even though the first impression is bad, from time to time some one surprises you...(it happens oposite, too)

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
People I smoke pot with
People I used to live with
My original "Crew" from after high school
People that work with me on 3d graphics projects
Girls I meet, but have no chemistry with

The only time I actually say "I am not hanging out with that douchebag anymore" is if I find they are racist, homophobic, or all about the Iraq war... ie republicans.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For some reason I haven't been able to make many friends as I have grown older. Most of the friends I have I've known for a long time. There are just so many walls that go up, less free time and the need to be more guarded grows when you get older.

People that become my friends are the ones whom together we can be who we really are with each other and find joy in just being together.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Very few people get to be my friends...

I tend to keep people at a certain distance...I'm very guarded...

There have only been a few who I've gotten somewhat close to...

And only two people in my lifetime have been allowed to get closer to me than anyone else...and THEY still don't know me too well...

I do have some people who I hang out with...

People who become my friends are usually people I've met at work, school, or church...

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
For some reason I haven't been able to make many friends as I have grown older. Most of the friends I have I've known for a long time. There are just so many walls that go up, less free time and the need to be more guarded grows when you get older.

People that become my friends are the ones whom together we can be who we really are with each other and find joy in just being together.

Maybe, we all need to branch out more. Develop new interests. Try new things. It might introduce us to new people, and bring new friends into our lives.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
* sob *

I have no friends. Men end up hitting on me. And women -- well I hardly ever spend time with females who aren't family.

So, I only have family, my s/o, lovers, and wanna-be lovers.

Perhaps I'm into sex too much??

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Very few people get to be my friends...

I tend to keep people at a certain distance...I'm very guarded...

There have only been a few who I've gotten somewhat close to...

And only two people in my lifetime have been allowed to get closer to me than anyone else...and THEY still don't know me too well...

I do have some people who I hang out with...

People who become my friends are usually people I've met at work, school, or church...

I'm like you. I am not easily trusting of most people and find very few people that I'm willing to expose my vulnerable self to hurt and rejection. But the few that I find genuine enjoyment in their company and share a similar sense of humor with, I'm there for the long haul because that connection is so rare for me. It is so wonderful to be understood by another person, so wonderful not to go thru life alone.

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've been outgoing and had a good social life since I was in 6th grade. I've made new friends throughout my life, so it's not just about being younger to make and have good friends. A mutual interest in any of these things usually sets the stage: Bicycles and cycling, sporty cars, traveling, the beach and playing in the waves, cooking and dinner parties, good drink, good pot, geology, foreign language (Spanish and French), and gardening.

Once mutual interest gets the ball rolling, someone can become and stay a good friend if he or she has good character. Be honest, be respectful - not just of me, but to everyone including other drivers, the clerk at the store, and the food server who brings your dinner. I have no time for jerks or people who are snotty to service personnel. Have integrity - do the right thing. Keep your word. Be accountable for your behavior and actions. Right your wrongs.

At 57 years old, my time left on the planet is limited. I'm going to have fun and not waste any of my time and energy on people who don't deserve it. As my Aunt Isabel once said: "I'm not here for a long time; I'm here for a good time!"