Who has had an orchiectomy (orchidectomy in the UK)

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Jimbo, they do have standard sizes. I let my doctor choose what he thought would look natural, since I have another. It's pretty much what I woould have chosen. Mine is heavier than I expected and you might want to keep that in mind if thinking about big ones.
Dave

jason_x_shaw

Experimental Member
Media
Well done mate on your surgery, hope everything id going fine and dandy, only just read your post today so am glad to get to the end of it straight away and see how it went. Just wondering what caused this to happen in the first place, you said a cruising accident and was just wondering what you meant by that sorry for being nosy and if you said later i just read part of the first page and skipped on down to the last.

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I got it done on the 8th and am pretty much recovered. Jimbo, my implant is AART. It's good although my preference would be for it to be a bit softer.
Dave

Dave, My younger brother had an Orchiectomy 19 years ago. He and his wife had decided upon his getting a vasectomy. He was diagnosised with testicular cancer they removed one and were told there was no need in doing the vasectomy with the amount of radiation he received and the one testicle. One year after the surgery, they had a son. I find it sad ther isn't more talk about testicular cancer. It should be spoken about as much as breast or cervical cancer. Injuries shouldn't be handled like yours was. Dr's should be more pro-active in these situations.
Good luck.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Jason, thanks for your comment. All is well regarding this business. The way the injury happened is that I was being evacuated by helicopter from a remote location. The gurney (stretcher) had straps that went between my legs. One of the EMTs slipped, I slipped downward and the testicle was crushed by the belt. What's actually kind of scarey is that while I was in a LOT of pain, I was able to stand and talk calmly. Usually this kind of injury has guys curled up in fetal position and vomiting. Pain is a warning signal...

Jimbo, what are you doing about testosterone replacement? You need it asap for both your well-being and your health. Good luck with the surgery. Interestingly, at least to me, is that my body formed scar tissue linking the fake to my abdomen. It is supended and causes abdominal pain if pushed down. Weird!

samhung

Sexy Member
Media
I had testicular cancer treated by an orchiectomy when I turned 28. It was a little traumatic, but being a physician helped me through the process. Before the advent of modern chemotherapy, TC had a relatively high mortality rate. With proper treatment, the survival rate at 5 years (a cancer benchmark) is around 95% or more.

I have a saline implant, and it feels more natural to me. I have never had a complaint with it, so I am pretty happy.

If you are diagnosed with testicular cancer, please weigh all options available to you. I did not choose chemotherapy, but instead had a radiation regimen instead.

Best of luck.

EmperorJimbo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Dave-
I've been on hormone shots for a year now. They are one reason i was not too bothered about giving up my nuts. I had the vasectomy for no pregnancies, so didn't need 'em for swimmers. They weren't doing hormonally what they needed to, so I am on shots. All they did for the last year or so I had them was hang there and hurt.
When I came out of the anesthesia back in June, i felt immediate relief. Even though there were different pains from the incisions etc-- the kicked-in-the-balls pain was gone.

Now I get to look like I used to. Bonus.

One week and counting.

Jim

ronaldjoe

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sorry I didn't see this post sooner. I had testicular cancer and orchiectomy in 1985 and had a Dow implant which eventually had to be removed because it ruptured (although I did get $30,000 from a class action law suite because of it.)

I am now pondering whether to get a new implant! My remaining testicle is the right one ( and it is always smaller anyway) so I feel inadequte. Thanks for your views on AART. I will discuss these with my doc. By the way, were you able to have insurance pay for your procedure?

EmperorJimbo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Shoot. My surgery to place the implants has been postponed. Apparently there was a mix up at the hospital causing a delay in ordering them...

Still a flatbagger, waiting for implants. :( Right now scheduled for the 25th.

We'll see if everything shows up in time for that or if we'll have to delay to December.

Did anyone posting here need or want counseling of any sort? I can imagine this is a sort of surgery that carries many psychological consequences with it.

If the loss of both testes is due to anything other than sudden trauma, are you given time to bank your semen or get pre-surgical counseling? Do they try to get a straw's worth even if there is trauma? Are there support groups?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutwelshboy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I underwent an Orchidectomy in August of 2012; after suffering with severe, debilitating pain, in my left testicle, following a work-related assault. I was due to have a prosthesis inserted, in a separate procedure, but due to my experiencing prolonged post-operative pain, in the Orchidectomy wound (in the inguinal region), this surgery has been delayed indefinitely.

To be honest, I am starting to feel very down about this, as I had been assaulted in 2010 and had been unable to engage in any sexual activity (because of the severe pain) for the two years prior to my surgery. Agreeing to undergo an Orchidectomy was a drastic and difficult decision to make, but I so desperately wanted to have my life back.

Unfortunately, I am now experiencing severe, constant, pain in the scar and this is exacerbated whenever I engage in any intercourse. I have recently had a steroid injection, into the wound, but this has only served to make the pain more pronounced. I would be happier if the whole area, around the wound, could be "numbed".

I was circumcised as a young child, due to phimosis; and although I grew up in a predominantly uncut culture (the South Wales valleys), I had never viewed my being circumcised as a negative. Instead, I always became the source of some fascination by various female partners. However, being circumcised is not helping the pain which I currently experience in my Orchidectomy scar, as the scar ends at the base of my penis and with my being tightly circumcised, even an erection serves to exacerbate the pain in my scar.

I feel so upset, frustrated and miserable about this. I hate to lay all of my troubles on anyone, but any advice you guys could give wold be most appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited: