Who Has More Sex?

HornyVeteranSJ: Just wanted to read the responses here, as i post this same question on another site with some interesting responses. Who do you think has more sex. single gay guys or single straight guys? Are there any studies on this topic? IMO, single gay guys have more sex. What do you think?

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Yanno, this poll is a bit "bi"ased. Hmm . . . Having two asses.

Seriously, though, I get plenty of sex. Haven't had many sex partners; "only" 14 actual sex partners in my lifetime, unless you count mutual masturbation, but the cases of only mutual masturbation more were all male, so that doesn't really count to the question. But my own results are kinda biased (I will not make the same pun twice.) by the fact that I never sleep with a woman on her period.

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There are studies on this subject - some are credible, some are not, but all of them say that, by far, single gay guys have many more partners than single straight guys.

Disclaimer: I don't care for the terms "straight" and "gay" anymore because it's clear that a substantial number of people don't fit into either of those "boxes".

ponybilt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Yeah, there's the infamous study (urban legend?) often quoted by ultra-conservatives stating the average gay male has 1000 partners by age 25 or something riduculous like that.

The labels are problematic here, as Mark points out. If some guy's married with kids and cruises the park sucking off guys, is he straight or gay? Or is he the governor of NJ? :p Just joking.

All things considered, I'd agree that men who have sex with men have much more experience than men who have sex exclusively with women.

Lucky us!!

HornyVeteranSJ:
Originally posted by MarkSavage@Aug 14 2004, 04:47 PM
There are studies on this subject - some are credible, some are not, but all of them say that, by far, single gay guys have many more partners than single straight guys.

Disclaimer: I don't care for the terms "straight" and "gay" anymore because it's clear that a substantial number of people don't fit into either of those "boxes".
I totally agree. Yet society (or is it religion) makes it out that it's only one or the other...no grey area. Your either straight or not...and the not, no matter how much so, is labeled gay.

HornyVeteranSJ:
Originally posted by ponybilt@Aug 14 2004, 06:45 PM
Yeah, there's the infamous study (urban legend?) often quoted by ultra-conservatives stating the average gay male has 1000 partners by age 25 or something riduculous like that.

I guess I'm WAY behing the curve by about 996 guys....better get on the ball. lol I had more girls than guys. For a total of 9 parnters. BTW all of the guys were after I became truthful to who I am since the age of 23.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
1000 partners by the age of 25? What? Let's see . . . I lost my virginity at age 14, so that would be one partner every four days? Of course, it's harder to even have male partners in high school, so that'd be one partner every two or three days!

There's another one of 85% of high school students involved in a blood drive being HIV-positive. Yet at the same time, most HIV cases are thirtysomethings.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Amoung my personal friends, my gay friends have more sex/partners than my straight friends. I think society puts a lots of emphasis on steady relationships for str8 ppl, and once you break out of that binding philosophy and confront being gay, there is less of a feeling of limitation. I dunno, just an opinion. I am also re-evaluating bisexuality since being on here, I was used to thinking in terms of one or the other, and I am finding out just how often that is simply not the case.

bigbutnothuge

Cherished Member
Media
From what can only be described an anecdotes and reading/hearing what people have to say, I assume "gays" would be more sexually active with more partners. This can be for more than one reason. As a "straight" male I always thought that it would be harder to find partners if I were a gay male- because of the stigma, how do you know who else is gay,etc However, as said I guess there is less pressure for monogamy. Plus I guess there are more "gay" meetup places and methods.

There are some moral implications of this, and while I am open minded quite a level of promiscuity( of any orientation) tends to trouble me. Not because I have a problem with sex, but because I VALUE sex. Then you have STDs, the whole "Down Low" thing,etc.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by bigbutnothuge@Aug 16 2004, 08:30 PM
there is less pressure for monogamy.
In fact, there is pressure *against* it.

Heterosexual marriage conveys numerous benefits, from lowered insurance rates, to increased eligibility for housing, to hospital visitation rights, to automatic inheritance.

In fact, according to the General Accounting Office, the federal government offers 1,138 benefits to penile-vaginal married couples that are denied to the legally married same-sex couples in Massachusetts and also denied to unmarried couples of any type.

The stringent efforts of the GWB administration to constitutionally prohibit same-sex couples from earning these benefits, in fact, provides a disincentive to same-sex monogamy.

ponybilt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Bigbutnothuge, I understand your point of view.

From my experience, though, I'd say that there isn't any less pressure to be monogamous, especially if a person is out. The pressure comes from friends who are in relationships, family, etc. I've got a gay cousin who has been in a monomamous relationship with the same guy for almost 20 years now -- the very first and only guy he's ever had sex with. Additionally, I never had sex until the end of my first year in college, while all my straight friends in both high school and college were having multiple partners every week. It only illustrates that there are extremes to every situation, gay or straight.

The implication that one has loose morals if they engage in more sex with more partners is certainly one that's been around for some time, but people have different views on what sex is and why it is: some believe it to be sacred, some believe it's only for procreation, some for marraige, some as recreation, some as commerce, some even believe that it's useless to their lives and they choose celibacy.

Moral of the story: sex has many applications in life, and all of them are valid unless they hurt other people.

:)

ponybilt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Originally posted by mindseye+Aug 17 2004, 12:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mindseye @ Aug 17 2004, 12:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigbutnothuge@Aug 16 2004, 08:30 PM

Heterosexual marriage conveys numerous benefits, from lowered insurance rates, to increased eligibility for housing, to hospital visitation rights, to automatic inheritance.

In fact, according to the General Accounting Office, the federal government offers 1,138 benefits to penile-vaginal married couples that are denied to the legally married same-sex couples in Massachusetts and also denied to unmarried couples of any type.

The stringent efforts of the GWB administration to constitutionally prohibit same-sex couples from earning these benefits, in fact, provides a disincentive to same-sex monogamy. [/b][/quote]
And Mindseye makes an incredibly important point (that again of the flip-flopping of the cirrent administration): The conservatives use the sex issue to dehumanize us, and then don&#39;t allow any means to counter it.

"Well, y&#39;all are just sex feeendz. We ain&#39;t a gonna let you&#39;s all can&#39;t marries each other."

:wacko:

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by bigbutnothuge@Aug 17 2004, 12:30 AM
Plus I guess there are more "gay" meetup places and methods.

I&#39;m reminded of Vince Vaughn&#39;s character in "Made", saying: "Of course I&#39;m talking about women. If I were gay I could get laid on the subway."

Seriously though, go to any adult bookstore and there&#39;s at least one guy there who&#39;s willing to suck you off right now, gay or straight. Certainly they aren&#39;t representative of gay men as a whole, but there&#39;s no equivalent place out there where a straight guy can get blown by an anonymous woman for free any time of day. I&#39;ve never taken these guys up on it, but I admit that I&#39;ve teased them through the glory hole before. :lol:

A gay man was once telling me that a lot of gay men have kind of a routine of looks and body language that they use to assess each other in certain situations (e.g., not in a gay bar) to help avoid accidentally hitting on a straight guy. It must take a lot of practice and honing of gaydar over time.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by mindseye+Aug 16 2004, 04:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mindseye @ Aug 16 2004, 04:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigbutnothuge@Aug 16 2004, 08:30 PM

The stringent efforts of the GWB administration to constitutionally prohibit same-sex couples from earning these benefits, in fact, provides a disincentive to same-sex monogamy. [/b][/quote]
And thus you have the way fundies work: Create conditions wherein there are clear disadvantages to foo and then bitch about them not practicing foo.

Reminds me of someone complaining that an unbelievably high percentage that he specified but I can&#39;t remember of gay marriages would end in divorce. Of course, there&#39;s no way of knowing unless we made it legal.

ponybilt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Yeah, I&#39;d really rather this not turn into a pissing contest for who has the most hook up spots.

Even in San Francisco, the gay mecca of the western hemisphere, there are many many many times more straight bars and restaurants than gay bars and restaurants. you think only eating and drinking happens in straight bars and restaurants? Then you haven&#39;t been out lately.

Straight people are ubiquitous and are afforded **every** benefit of western society without pause. Two men holding hands walking down mainstreet USA? Please. They&#39;d be tied to a fencepost, beaten, and left for dead. A man and woman kissing on the street? Makingout? Petting? No problem.

And one gay guy in a bookstore who&#39;s willing to suck off anyone? That hardly makes a compelling argument that I&#39;m the same any more than guys named Arnold and Bill make you a womanizer.

As far as there being &#39;no equivalent place" where that can happen for straight men -- big deal. You&#39;re lucky the gay guy is offering becasue you wouldn&#39;t get any better head from anyone else.

Peace.

:mellow:

ponybilt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Originally posted by aloofman@Aug 17 2004, 06:25 AM
... I&#39;ve never taken these guys up on it, but I admit that I&#39;ve teased them through the glory hole before. :lol:

Oh, and having grown up with three straight brothers, this comment makes you sound like the women who would tease them and not put out.

Real butch of ya.

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by ponybilt@Aug 17 2004, 06:47 AM

And one gay guy in a bookstore who&#39;s willing to suck off anyone? That hardly makes a compelling argument that I&#39;m the same any more than guys named Arnold and Bill make you a womanizer.

As far as there being &#39;no equivalent place" where that can happen for straight men -- big deal. You&#39;re lucky the gay guy is offering becasue you wouldn&#39;t get any better head from anyone else.

Peace.

:mellow:

I guess my point didn&#39;t get across. I did NOT say that the bookstore cruiser represented you or anyone else. What I meant was that if there are that many promiscuous gay men out there, then it must skew the average number of partners way up among gay men as a whole vs. straight men.

As for being "lucky the gay guy is offering," get a grip. Since the idea of my dick in a man&#39;s mouth is not a turn-on, it wouldn&#39;t be better head. The guy just can&#39;t be pretty enough.

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by ponybilt+Aug 17 2004, 06:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ponybilt @ Aug 17 2004, 06:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-aloofman@Aug 17 2004, 06:25 AM
... I&#39;ve never taken these guys up on it, but I admit that I&#39;ve teased them through the glory hole before. :lol:

Oh, and having grown up with three straight brothers, this comment makes you sound like the women who would tease them and not put out.

Real butch of ya. [/b][/quote]

I don&#39;t think that a straight guy being teased by a woman is comparable to a gay guy begging to suck your dick.

ponybilt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Originally posted by aloofman+Aug 17 2004, 04:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (aloofman &#064; Aug 17 2004, 04:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ponybilt@Aug 17 2004, 06:55 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-aloofman
@Aug 17 2004, 06:25 AM
... I&#39;ve never taken these guys up on it, but I admit that I&#39;ve teased them through the glory hole before.   :lol:

Real butch of ya.

I don&#39;t think that a straight guy being teased by a woman is comparable to a gay guy begging to suck your dick. [/b][/quote]
Ummm.... apples and oranges. One person teasing another person over sex **is** the same, so twisting the logic isn&#39;t going to change the facts. A woman teasing you is apparently worse, and different, than you teasing a gay man? I don&#39;t live in that world.

You may not have gotten your point across in your previous post, however, my intent was to point out the dissonance in your own statements. You continue to ignore the fact that as a straight male, you are privileged. As a gay male, I am not. That means that regardless of what you may think or say or do, there are **always** more venues and more opportunities for **everything** you want.

The approach you display in this topic is exactly the same as it concerns things like gay marraige: The idea that bestowing *equal rights and access* to the minority is somehow equivalent to "special rights," and would infringe on your own position in society.

Get a grip, consider yourself lucky, and stop complaining.