Who Has More Sex?

ponybilt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
All this said, I'd say that it's not the sexual orientation difference that results in gay men having more sex than straight men, it's the corresponding partners that affect this.

In very general terms:

- Straight men have sex with women. Women view sex *differently* than men.

- Gay men have sex with other men. Men view sex *similarly* to other men.

So the line from Vince Vaughn is humorous in that it has a ring of truth -- not that gay sex is ubiquitously available, but that the partner's agendas are the same, if that's at all clear.

ponybilt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Originally posted by Pappy@Aug 17 2004, 08:39 PM
So Pony, you silver tongued devil, when you running for President?? :rolleyes:
Ummm... I dunno. How many electoral votes ya got for me, Pappy?

:D

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by ponybilt@Aug 17 2004, 05:17 PM
All this said, I'd say that it's not the sexual orientation difference that results in gay men having more sex than straight men, it's the corresponding partners that affect this.

In very general terms:

- Straight men have sex with women. Women view sex *differently* than men.

- Gay men have sex with other men. Men view sex *similarly* to other men.

So the line from Vince Vaughn is humorous in that it has a ring of truth -- not that gay sex is ubiquitously available, but that the partner's agendas are the same, if that's at all clear.

I thought that was what I was saying. You're reading way too much into this.

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by ponybilt@Aug 17 2004, 04:25 PM

You may not have gotten your point across in your previous post, however, my intent was to point out the dissonance in your own statements. You continue to ignore the fact that as a straight male, you are privileged. As a gay male, I am not. That means that regardless of what you may think or say or do, there are **always** more venues and more opportunities for **everything** you want.

The approach you display in this topic is exactly the same as it concerns things like gay marraige: The idea that bestowing *equal rights and access* to the minority is somehow equivalent to "special rights," and would infringe on your own position in society.

Get a grip, consider yourself lucky, and stop complaining.

First of all, I don't remember doing any complaining. I wasn't complaining that gay men get more sex than straight men do. Or that gay men have some kind of "privelege" in getting more sex. You just heard that, I didn't say it. What I said was that as a practical matter, gay men have more access to cheap, easy sex than straight guys do. And because of that access, a certain percentage of gay men take advantage of it. So this must skew the sex partner averages up among gay men as a whole. A more nuanced answer, as others pointed out, is that both straights and gays can be promiscuous, so generalizing doesn't really describe the "average" gay or straight man.

Second of all, the topic wasn't whether straights have more rights than gays. They obviously do. The question was whether gay men have more sex than straight men. And I said that, on average, gay men probably do. I don't remember ever implying that this had anything to do with civil rights. I made no commentary linking it to gay marriage or gay rights or any of the things that you mention. I'm in favor of gay marriage and don't condone any kind of discrimination based on orientation. Every post I've ever made here has been consistent with that.

It's hard to take your criticisms seriously when your persecution complex gets in the way.

ponybilt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Your attempt to bring it back to original question is no longer valid -- it's a diversionary tactic, because you made the offense and refuse to acknowledge it.

The things you said imply that gay men somehow have it better because of these indiscreet opporunities for random sex. But the point was made quite clearly that those opportunities exist only as a result of oppression. Or perhaps the institutionaized oppression is really just a mob psychosomatic complex as you suggest, and doesn&#39;t really exist at all. <sarcasm>

However, when it&#39;s pointed out, you completely ignore it. And not only do you ignore it, but you belittle me for the oppression that you say doesn&#39;t exist.

Look at it from your own point of view: if the only way you were to have sex with women was give up 90% of all your legal rights, don&#39;t you think it&#39;d go underground?

Thanks for your support. <no sarcasm intended>

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by KinkGuy+Aug 18 2004, 08:49 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KinkGuy @ Aug 18 2004, 08:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-aloofman@Aug 17 2004, 06:50 PM
gay men have more access to cheap, easy sex than straight guys do.
And I&#39;ve never met any "cheap, easy" straight people???? <_< [/b][/quote]
Ahh, good point. Yeah, I guess I know tons of "man whores" in the str8 world and the thousands of singles bars that cater to them speak loud and clear of their popularity. I think the point was made earlier that men and women view sex differently, and that was mostly what I was referring to when I said I thought gay men had more sex and partners. The problem with any blanket statement is that there are always exceptions to any rule. I am an exception in the str8 world because I often detatch sex from relationship status, and most str8 women do not. It is my personal opinion that many str8 women still parlay their sexuality into a bargaining tool for a realtionship or marriage, which I find revolting. I would hope that gay men would treat each other better, or at least be honest about what their sexual encounter was all about, whether it be in seeking a relationship or just casual sex. I would think that men having sex, without the female "marry me" mindset, would be a very freeing thing. Obviously, these are only points to ponder for me as I have no first hand experience, but have shared ideas with my own gay friends and they seem to be true at least with the few gay men I know. I&#39;ll never understand how str8 men can even get aroused by most women, seriously.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
So the difference between you and most women is that most women are whores. ;)

I think it&#39;s kinda funny, I mean, when you get down to it, the father of the bride offering his daughter is kinda misogynistic; I always thought it was pimping. Marriages themselves are still important, but the ceremony still reminds me of prostitution.

bigbutnothuge

Cherished Member
Media
Originally posted by madame_zora@Aug 18 2004, 07:07 PM
I&#39;ll never understand how str8 men can even get aroused by most women, seriously.
Actually, and I dont know if straight or gay makes any difference...
One of the primary reasons I have had few sexual partners as a straight male is that I find very few woman attractive enough to even consider having sex. Especially as an introvert with s.a.d. I can go a long time without even encountering anyone worthwhile.