who here has chosen to stay eternally single?

concupisys

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
everyone who has chosen to be single (and happy that way) have all kinds of different reasons.... heck: given the person i've become, i'm perfectly happy being a jaded introvert as well.... what makes it hard is the way the rest of the world seems to find that wrong, and then try to fix me.... that only serves to push me further and further in to my shell.....

GBF64

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have Asperger's Syndrome(autism spectrum disorder). And because of the sensory/ social communication issues it's very difficult to cultivate a relationship with women now matter how hard I try or how many classes I take to learn. I'm also very shy and a bit introverted. I've always had a few one night stands a year. Many I'm certain were just pity fucks. I was engaged once in my early thirties but she would not sign a prenup.
So basically I'm very certain that I will never have a long term relationship let alone get married.

airc3

Sexy Member
Media
This is me. I'm almost 28 and never had a relationship. Hell, I haven't even been on a date in 6 years. Never did anything sexual either, not even a BJ. I also have major hangups about my appearance. After spending nearly $6k on laser hair removal for my back I found out it doesn't work on me because "I have too much testosterone" or something. And now the hair on my head is receding and thinning, plus I have crooked teeth. I think I'm decent looking in the face and I've lost 85 lbs from my career high, so I have that going for me. But I can't get over my other issues, especially the body hair. I don't want anyone to ever see me naked. And like others have said, nothing has happened by this point, so why would it?

Am I happy? Not really. I've never really been. But I am content. I get to spend all my money on myself. I get to travel and do what I want without worrying about another person.

Would I want to be with someone? Maybe. I do feel like I'm missing out on life. But now that I'm almost 28, I think time is lost and it can't be made up. All that fun people had while they were young, in college, etc, I missed out on. And I can't imagine anyone wanting me.

So I just live alone. I'm somewhat introverted, but I like to go out with other people. I plan my days and my future around myself and try to think of the positives.

But God, I would love to try sex on day. But I don't see it happening.

concupisys

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
@airc: don't be at all self-conscious about your body hair.... there is a very large market for guys like you, and given the fact that most guys of your stature have it removed, you're like a diamond in the rough for some people.... wear it prouder, and you'll probably find yourself having to bat people off you with a stick!

Nkw17

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I feel like I am going to be single forever because I don't really like being tied down. If I do find someone I will def need my own place & space. I was extremely picky; As I get older I have learned that I wont be able to have the perfect person to be with but they will need some of my standards. At this point of time I like being single & not only that my job is too stressful on me to be in a relationship. I really don't have outside of work friends because all I do is work so my coworkers are my friends I hate it but what can I do...

hungteen19921992

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've always been introverted to the point that I revel in solitude. I also don't think I have the emotional capacity to carry out a serious long-term relationship, since I would always come across as apathetic and reactive (which to some degree I suppose I am).

everyone who has chosen to be single (and happy that way) have all kinds of different reasons.... heck: given the person i've become, i'm perfectly happy being a jaded introvert as well.... what makes it hard is the way the rest of the world seems to find that wrong, and then try to fix me.... that only serves to push me further and further in to my shell.....

Nothing wrong with it, I know your know that. Certain people are to be single either by chose or not. The world seems to disagree.

@airc: don't be at all self-conscious about your body hair.... there is a very large market for guys like you, and given the fact that most guys of your stature have it removed, you're like a diamond in the rough for some people.... wear it prouder, and you'll probably find yourself having to bat people off you with a stick!

I agree with you. Airc3 hold your head up and

Last edited by a moderator:

This is me. I'm almost 28 and never had a relationship. Hell, I haven't even been on a date in 6 years. Never did anything sexual either, not even a BJ. I also have major hangups about my appearance. After spending nearly $6k on laser hair removal for my back I found out it doesn't work on me because "I have too much testosterone" or something. And now the hair on my head is receding and thinning, plus I have crooked teeth. I think I'm decent looking in the face and I've lost 85 lbs from my career high, so I have that going for me. But I can't get over my other issues, especially the body hair. I don't want anyone to ever see me naked. And like others have said, nothing has happened by this point, so why would it?

Am I happy? Not really. I've never really been. But I am content. I get to spend all my money on myself. I get to travel and do what I want without worrying about another person.

Would I want to be with someone? Maybe. I do feel like I'm missing out on life. But now that I'm almost 28, I think time is lost and it can't be made up. All that fun people had while they were young, in college, etc, I missed out on. And I can't imagine anyone wanting me.

So I just live alone. I'm somewhat introverted, but I like to go out with other people. I plan my days and my future around myself and try to think of the positives.

28 is still young. You may find someone and not even know it. When I stopped looking something came along. 'Do you' right now and something will come up.
sux that you had the hair removal and it didn't work.
Keep your head up.

D_Sal_Manilla

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm currently single.

I am in love with the idea of love.

I admit that I am afraid of being alone and that was the reason why i stayed in an abusive relationship. I know that I am still to young so Love is something that will have to wait but I wish I could find someone now.

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

Dude you are in DC. You can get a direct flight to Amsterdam from Dulles. If you have enough money to spend $6K on laser hair removal you can afford any of the whores in the red light district.

Pretty sure they have some high class call girls (and boys) in DC...all of those politicians are getting laid. :biggrin1:

coveryerteeth

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Class of 2002, baby! 10 years single and loving it!

Fortunately, I don't have personal tragedy, social awkwardness or body issues that pushed me into deciding to commit to the single life. My last relationship made me take a hard look at myself and what I realized was that I simply don't have whatever it is in people that makes them feel lonely or like something is missing from their life when they are without a significant other. Going thru the motions with someone just because "it's what people do" is not only a recipe for disaster in terms of the relationship itself, but also tremendously unfair and potentially hurtful to the other person.

"Aromantic," like redneckgymrat used to describe himself, is the current buzz word to describe my sitch, I guess, but I don't like to use it because it sounds like I was born without a heart. That simply couldn't be further from the truth.

I still enjoy hopping on the good foot to do the bad thing, tho. I don't think that's fudging my single streak, because I don't consider sexual partners to constitute "relationships." I'm always gone before breakfast.

D_Dick_S_Lapp

Account Disabled
Media
I haven't chosen that road just yet. To be honest i have no idea why i haven't. Statistically speaking i should have a long time ago. With all the emotional baggage and other issues i'm working on it doesn't seem likely i'll be in a relationship any time soon. I don't know maybe i'm still holding out hope.

gimme_another_inch

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not always a matter of decision, sometimes it just happens or it's a condition you can't change, at this moment in time, for me, I'd so much like to have company but the latest attempts suggest that single is not too bad wasn't it for lack of affection and, of course, intimacy.

Viper73

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I can definately relate...

I've had four serious, long-term relationships blow up in my face. In the end, looking back at each of them I can clearly see now that I was just being used and manipulated and ultimately devistated.

I've kindof came to the rationalization myself that it appears that all of the sane, normal people are gone. I'll be 39 in a few days and I've come to the conclusion that much of the misery I've been through over the years to find 'the one' wasn't worth it.

I've now decided to focus on the things that make me happy. I've decided to pretty much reinvent myself and actually live my life and give up on the hopeless search for Ms. Right.

I've gone back to the gym, started learning some martial arts, taken up competition shooting, etc. Things that 10 years ago I'd have never even attempted because I was too stuck on the notion that I was supposed to go out, fall in love and get married.

I admittedly don't have many friends and try pretty much to keep to myself, but I honestly think I'm happier now than I've been for years. I don't have the drama. I don't have to deal with all of the cheating, lies, and manipulation. I don't have to adjust my life and goals to make everyone else happy.

If that perfect woman is out there she's going to have to find me because I've called off the search. I've spent about 20 years searching and have decided that I'm devoting the next 20 to ME.

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
I am single and have been single for about 5 years now. I am perfectly happy in every aspect of my life. While I am not actively searching for love should it come along I would fully embrace it. I am just not in the mood to run around searching for something that I have already had and lost as I do not think I will ever find that again. It doesn't make me sad that my past love has ended rather I think it has made me a better and more complete person with a more full understanding of myself. With that understanding has come the knowledge that most people are not meant to be in the type of relationship that I need and desire. Call me what you like but I'll politely ignore you and call myself VERY HAPPY.

I think you have a GREAT attitude~