Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So, i've been on this crazy mind journey thinking of the excuses one's phallus development could be hindered in any unseen way during those critical and confusing years of puberty. Accutane was just a random thing I thought of, considering the plethora of warnings and cautions it comes with.

side note: I know it's irrational at some level to consider there are ways your development could be "hindered" by outside forces. But in this day and age, anything goes it seems.

ANY DOCTORS IN THE HOUSE?

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I did when I was about 22. No problems but it is very drying while you are on it. Dry skin, lips mouth, inside your nose. I needed to put vasaline in my nose or a special nasal lubricant (who knew they even make such a thing) because I was so dry. It worked very well.

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
It even used to dry up my tear ducts so my eyes were always bone dry. Needed eye drops or my eyes burned constantly. Dick, I don't think anything happened to my dick.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
Accutane has been blamed for many things and there is or was class action litigation over it's use and the negatives it caused. I have never heard of pubertal problems from this however. The drugs under question with young males these days all relate to ADD/ADHD.

nzsomebody

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
No problems here that I can tell...I'm pretty happy with what I've got :)

The only side effects I got was the skin, mostly my hands and my lips. It did a pretty good job at nuking the acne that I had, though! My mum figured it was better to deal with a few months of discomfort than deal with the scaring that acne can turn into.

You will burn in the sun really quick while you're on it as well, so if you don't already, once you're on it make sure you put that sunblock on.

TheBestYouCan

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why are you thinking about the retarding of penis growth? And why would you tie it to accutane?

I don't think the stunting of your penis is a condition caused by accutane.

I took it and have a large penis. As other's have attested it dried my skin out, something I fight to this day, but other than that there has been nothing else adverse happen that I can tell.

t_o

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
soooo gonna go out on a limb here and say accutane affected no ones penis growth. your survey has been answered.

i think it is sad what a bad rep it gets now. i had the worst acne you can imagine and it cleared my face in months...and nothing else would.

no stunted growth, just a clean face.

HJ1958

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
So, i've been on this crazy mind journey thinking of the excuses one's phallus development could be hindered in any unseen way during those critical and confusing years of puberty. Accutane was just a random thing I thought of, considering the plethora of warnings and cautions it comes with.

side note: I know it's irrational at some level to consider there are ways your development could be "hindered" by outside forces. But in this day and age, anything goes it seems.

ANY DOCTORS IN THE HOUSE?

If your photos are an indication of phallic development on ACCUTANE, I'm sorry I didn't take it in the "development years". You have a great "phallic"

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
soooo gonna go out on a limb here and say accutane affected no ones penis growth. your survey has been answered.

i think it is sad what a bad rep it gets now. i had the worst acne you can imagine and it cleared my face in months...and nothing else would.

no stunted growth, just a clean face.

It was a miracle for me too!

avengoid1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Accutane worked great for me, and as far as I know it does not cause growth retardation anywhere, except in the developing embryo (this is why pregnant women should not take it). I wouldn't worry about it.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I for one am glad I had greasy spotty skin as a teen (ok, it wasn't serious acne and it didn't persist far into my twenties) 'cos I don't have to worry about wrinkles even now, forty years later, despite smoking and sunbathing.

I have known young men get over-concerned about normal levels of acne and consider taking accutane but it's a serious drug with major side-effects that include a higher death rate through suicide! It's a derivative of Vitamin A which is deadly in overdose through liver toxicity. It really should only be taken as a last resort.

Wanna know what works? Vim scouring powder. I don't know if they make that anymore but my mum gave me some acne lotion when I was that spotty teen. Apply with a soft cloth, the instructions said. So I used a cloth I found on the side of the bath. The spots were almost gone within a week. But one morning Mum saw me dabbing at my face in the bathroom and said "don't use that cloth, I Vim the bath with it!". So I started using the lotion with cotton wool instead and the spots came back, lol!

Last edited:

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I took it. It fucked me up badly.

Used to be able to hold urine for 4-6 hours, now have to go every 2 hours since. No matter how much is in my bladder.
Vision is reduced. I used to be an owl at night...could spot deer in the fields, since then, can't see crap at night.
My depression has always been off the chart, but I often wonder if it had something to do with keeping me in the funk that I'm in.

It cleared up my acne, but not sure if it was worth the complete re-wire of the body's normal functions.
No change in penis or testicle size at the time I took it. (Pre P.E.)

***Edit**

Thank you for the reminder...I did some brief searching and there seems to be some good resources for victims of Accutane.
If I get something more solid, I'll post a link to it here. There is a Facebook page called Accutane Aware - but I believe it to be from a lawyers office for accutane cases.
More to come.

Last edited: