who here meditates?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by dudepiston, Nov 13, 2006.

1. dudepiston

dudepiston New Member

I'm just learning about meditation and trying to get started seriously practicing it on a (nearly) daily basis. Anyone else here do this? I'd appreciate any pointers, ideas, or methods you've found particularly successful. I'm having a hard time turning off the 'mind-chatter' but I'm learning that the goal isn't always to turn that off completely, but rather just notice these thoughts bubbling to the surface.....and moving on. If you have other thoughts or ideas please post them here or PM me! Thanks.....

2. palmit

palmit Member

I used to, I could never turn off the mind chatter but as time went on it slowed a good bit. I think differents styles work well for different people. Some people like chanting and incense or new age music. I like complete silence for focusing inward, plus the music always distracts me.

If you want some guided mediations you can try here Meditation Room.

Can I ask why you want to meditate?

3. dudepiston

dudepiston New Member

Thanks, man. I'll give that link you mentioned a try. I want to learn to meditate to help calm my spirit and reduce stress in my life, hopefully have some health benefits, and finally (but most importantly, to me) for the purposes of introspection. There are habits & issues that I'd like to turn around in my life...and I feel this is one method to go about doing this.

4. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

I'm not focused in any direction, but it helps to slow down time, which is a good thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted