Who here reads threads that have many pages?

Thumper_10x7_CA: As I browse through the postings here on LPSG I've noticed that I don't usually read threads that have more than 3 or 4 pages. Only if I've posted to that thread or if it's a subject that peeks my curiosity do I open the longer subjects. Otherwise I just steer clear and move on.
I was just curious if I'm an oddball (which could very well be the case, that short attention span.... Oh, what was I saying? :D )
Anyone else like me?

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Well, Tony, many of us have been here for a long time, and, having read many of those multi-page posts one reply at a time, we only need to click on the latest page to keep up.

As for you newer guys - serves you right not being here when the subject was first brought up. You deserve to have to read thousands of posts to catch up. ;)

Pecker

Remember, men, we're fighting for a woman's honor - which is probably more than she ever did!
Groucho Marx

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Two criteria, Thumper -- the subject/the amount of time I have. I've been a member long enough to have read lots of the threads, as Pecker pointed out, so I can just read the latest ones, building on those previously read.

I like having the loooong ones on cool subjects, the others I just scroll by, as you do.

Luke

wvalady1968: [quote author=Pecker link=board=99;num=1072965767;start=0#1 date=01/01/04 at 06:28:57] Well, Tony, many of us have been here for a long time, and, having read many of those multi-page posts one reply at a time, we only need to click on the latest page to keep up.

As for you newer guys - serves you right not being here when the subject was first brought up.  You deserve to have to read thousands of posts to catch up.  ;)

Pecker
[/quote]

I read most of the posts, even those with several pages, soon after I joined lpsg. I read them because so many were so fascinating and foreign to my way of thinking at the time.

Now that I've been here a while, I know how often a new member starts a thread about a topic that's already been covered, often ad nauseum. It makes me wish that we had a rule that every new member must read all the previous posts. And take notes. Perhaps pass a short quiz?

:D